It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Post by Bella » July 27th, 2017, 2:50 am

During the interceding time, Andraste had continued through her excavation of the notes...not just for matters relating to her upcoming travel, but for everything in general.

She was fairly certain she had developed some sort of breathing condition that the Yellows would have to fix, but she had found many interesting bits and pieces that might be linked that had gone unnoticed before. Not due to any incompetence or misdeeds on the part of others, she was sure, but because this was the first time the information had all been seen by one person.

Now, though, it was time to set out. She packed her bag and wore a deep red divided dress. It was a little cliche that sisters dressed in their colors, but...why break with tradition? Besides, she looked good in red.

Andra reached the stables and arranged for her horse. She had every intention of purchasing one of her own in the near future, but had yet to get around to it. Thus instead she had a pretty little chestnut mare who went by the name of Violet. She wasn't really sure why, but there was not one to ask.

She led her out to where Liaran was waiting for her, walking her own steed around. "I apologize if I kept you waiting," Andra greeted with a small but pleasant smile. She gestured for them to proceed to the traveling yard. "The town is in Andor, but would still be too long a ride from here to make it simple," she explained. "When you have the benefit of a Gateway, may as well use it, aye?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » August 2nd, 2017, 1:41 am

Liaran Sedai
"Absolutely," Liaran agreed, relieved that Andraste did not want to ride the entire way. She had been concerned for a moment that the Red would be one of those women who considered a long ride "fun", a concept the Sea Folk woman could not begin to understand. Since they were only going to the traveling yards, Liaran chose to lead her horse by the reins instead of trying to ride him. He was a fast mover, trotting along beside her, and she hoped he'd slow down a bit when it came time for her to ride. Even riding a slow horse was difficult for her, and the Blue did not think she'd have any chance of remaining in the saddle if Thundercloud insisted on running everywhere. It did not take them long before they reached the traveling yards, and when they did, Liaran stepped back a few paces, giving Andraste the room she would need to weave their gateway. "Is there anything else I need to know before we leave?" she asked.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 4th, 2017, 9:08 pm

As they paused before where the Gateway would be woven, the Red looked thoughtfully at her Blue compatriot. "Nothing that need be said before we step through," she said, "but I will fill you in on a few more details during the short ride to the town from where we will step out of the Gateway." She gave a small smile and then turned to the Asha'man manning the Gateways.

Andraste told him where they were going, and moments later, the silver slash appeared in the air. Shortly, it was large enough for two women--now mounted--and two horses to step through.

She could have requested a Gaidin to attend the mission, but it was so near the Tower and the likelihood of danger was low. She figured two channelers could handle themselves fine, and thus the pair entered the Gateway and emerged in the countryside of Andor. As the Gateway slipped shut, Andra urged Violet in the direction they needed to head.

This was when she returned to the topic before, glancing at Liaran. "The events we will be researching took place just about four years ago," she explained. "Long enough for memories to dull, I fear, but not so long that all things will have changed. By all accounts, the same magistrate is there that was then--the one who sent Nykkolaia Sedai the letter.

"It is my hope that at least some of the children--now older as well but not yet grown enough to be away and on their own, unless their parents moved them--will thus still be available and hopefully be willing to speak with us."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 7th, 2017, 12:38 am

Liaran Sedai
As they waited for their gateway to open, Liaran reluctantly mounted Thundercloud, preparing to ride through. She clutched the reins tightly as she always did. They entered the gateway side by side, coming out in an area that Andraste said was not far from their destination. Liaran let the Red go first, giving Thundercloud a nudge to keep him following closely behind her horse. He took off, forcing Liaran to cling to his neck and only slowing when Liaran pulled sharply on the reins. She had at least managed to stop him before he could get too far ahead, and eventually, they ended up trotting besides Andraste and her horse.

The Blue glared down at him as Andraste talked. She didn't trust herself to look at the other woman and keep her seat on the horse, so she focused her eyes on the path ahead. Everything Andraste said made total sense to her, and Liaran found she really didn't have much to add, though she expected and hoped that that would change once they began their investigation. "If all of those are willing to speak to us, we should be able to learn quite a bit more," she commented, and then fell silent again, putting all the energy she had into staying in the saddle without causing herself too much injury.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 10th, 2017, 1:58 am

Andraste was not the least observant of women, and it was hard to miss the Blue's discomfort with the horse. She regretted the necessity of riding, but figured they should be to the village soon. With luck, the village was as far as they would have to go so they would not have to ride too much when all was said and done.

She did not, of course, mention this aloud, simply took note.

After a few moments of riding, she did give voice to one thought on her mind. "I don't have a great deal of experience talking to children," she said. "I'm not uncomfortable around them or anything, simply have not done it often. Hopefully four years will have tempered the trauma these young ones suffered, but speaking with them could still be delicate.

"Might I ask if you have much experience with kids? Or are we forging this uncertain forest together?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 10th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Liaran Sedai
It seemed to Liaran as if the village were not getting any closer, though she knew it had to be. The Blue bounced in her saddle and did her best to focus on what Andraste was saying. She doubted she'd be much help. She was good enough with novices, but children younger than them were a complete mystery to her. She couldn't even recall the last time she'd seen one. Liaran shrugged, causing her to shift in her saddle and nearly come off Thundercloud's side. After righting herself, she answered.

"I suppose that depends on what ages you mean," she said. Liaran still couldn't manage to look at the other woman and remain in control of the horse, so she didn't. "I still teach some novice classes, so I've spent lots of time with girls that age. However, it sounds like these children will be younger than that, and I'm afraid I know nothing about young children. We'll just have to hope we can manage between the two of us." Liaran tried to look away from the horse for a moment to give Andraste a confident smile, but as soon as she turned her head, Thundercloud took off. Liaran sighed and put all of her attention back on the horse, pulling the reins to slow him back down. I do hope we reach the village soon.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 15th, 2017, 11:00 pm

After her steed tried to rush off without her for a moment, Andraste felt she had to say something... "You can request a tamer mount for yourself," she offered with a small smile. "There are some small mares and geldings that are quite placid." With that said, she thought it best not to linger and went back to the topic at hand, the topic that brought them here.

"As for the children..." she began. "From the documents I read, the children were between seven and ten when they were taken. So we are looking at both boys and girls that will now be between eleven and fourteen. That does put them in range of some of our Novices, or close to it at least. I think the bigger concern is whatever trauma they may still be dealing with."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 17th, 2017, 1:39 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran ignored Andraste' s suggestion that she might be better off on a calmer horse. In her experience, it didn't matter how small or well behaved the horse she rode was, as she could hardly manage to stay upright on any of them. She attributed her problems far more to her lack of experience riding than to anything the horse did. Liaran did have to admit, however, that Thundercloud seemed to have difficulty keeping a slower pace. He continued to try to run forward, far ahead of Andraste's horse, and only her repeated sharp pulls on the reins stopped him.

The Blue couldn't tell if they were making any more progress towards the village. It felt to her as if she'd been in the saddle for most of the day, and Liaran knew she would need to stop rather soon if she wanted to be able to walk normally. She struggled to concentrate on what Andraste was telling her. "I'm afraid I don't know much about that," she admitted. "Most of the novices in my classes are fairly well adjusted," There were exceptions, of course; she'd had a couple of Seanchan girls who struggled to function independently, and she currently had a student from Amadicia who she could hardly coax into channeling at all, but as far as she knew, no student of hers had ever dealt with what these children had experienced. "As for the ones who aren't," she continued, "they've all been very different. I don't think we'll really know what to expect until we meet these children."

Bella

Post by Bella » August 20th, 2017, 5:57 pm

In just a few moments more, the village came clearly into sight. It was a small, farming community and so first they rode along a dirt tract between wide fields. In the distance, she could see the draft horses pulling the plows. None were near enough to greet them and if they even noticed the two women, none showed it.

The village had no walls and no guards. The Aes Sedai simply rode in, though a group of children playing ahead saw them and stared. Andra guessed that strangers were not common--at least those not bearing trader's wagons.

Reining her horse to a halt, Andra smiled politely at one of the little ones. "Could you direct us to yours town's magistrate?" she asked, her voice gentle and serene. She didn't want to scare the kids off, after all. This would perhaps be a good test of how they would handle questioning the others later.

"Just down the road," the girl said, pointing. "Keep on this one past a few buildings. It's the bright blue house with the white door. There's a sign over it, but the words washed off 'cause he didn't use the right paint."

"Thank you," Andra said, still smiling, as she nodded at him and then gestured for them to keep riding. The house...stood out and so was easy to find. They pulled to a stop and dismounted, attaching their horses to the hitching post. She noted a window in line of sight of the post so she could keep an eye on the horses while they were inside.
Spoiler: show
OOC: I didn't want to just run off and write everything so leaving it here. Feel free to write out anything you want about the magistrate, or just react and I'll write him. :)

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 26th, 2017, 3:24 am

Liaran Sedai
At last, houses had begun to appear before them. Not many of them, but they were there. As they rode, the houses began to be placed closer together until both horses were trotting down a dirt path that led into the village itself. For Liaran, it wasn't a moment too soon. She would have liked to dismount immediately upon their arrival, but as Andraste didn't do so, Liaran didn't either. After a brief pause to ask for directions, they continued on to the magistrate's house.

It was quite possibly the ugliest structure she'd ever seen. The shade of blue was close to one Liaran often wore, but completely unsuitable for an entire building. She wondered why anyone would choose it, especially when the surrounding homes bore colors that were a bit more subdued. Turning her head away from the house, Liaran awkwardly pulled herself out of the saddle and dropped to the ground, landing heavily on her feet. Her legs shook beneath her, and she had to use the saddle horn to hold herself up until she thought she could manage to walk. Even then, Liaran hobbled to the door with none of her usual grace.

She pulled her hands mostly into her sleeves, then knocked on the door. There would be no way for her and Andraste not to draw attention in such a small village, but Liaran wanted to avoid as much of that as she could. Only her fingers showed by the time the door opened. The man who opened it, taller than either woman by far, peered down at them with eyes nearly as dark as her own. His hair might have matched once, but now was mostly grey. His bright yellow shirt could have been seen upon the ships, and to Liaran, looked as out of place on a shorebound man as the color of his house did in the village.

"Can I help you?" he asked. Liaran expected that Andraste would answer, as it was truly her investigation, but after a moment passed, it was the Blue who spoke. "We are Aes Sedai from the Grey Tower," she said, "and we'd like to talk to you about some abductions that took place here a few years ago, if we may."

The door opened wider, the magistrate gesturing that they should proceed inside. "I'd be happy to assist in any way I can," he said, "though I do warn you, my memory of those events is not what it once was." Inside the house was yet more evidence of the man's rather...questionable....taste in colors. Bright orange rugs clashed with purple cushions on the furniture and green curtains at the window, and those were only what drew Liaran's eye immediately. She covered a wince as she seated herself on one of the cushions.

"I'm Magistrate Savely," the man introduced himself. "And you are?"

"Liaran Sedai," she told him, omitting the clan and salt names that were likely to confuse someone who lived so far from the sea. The magistrate nodded, then turned to Andraste.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik