It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Post by Bella » July 1st, 2017, 3:50 pm

[subtitle]Andraste Alhandra Aes Sedai[/subtitle]
Sitting beside a small desk in a small office--more of a closet, really--in the Halls of the Red Ajah, Andra looked over the stack of books and journals and parchments that covered more than three-quarters of the surface. This wasn't the "honor" she had imagined having bestowed upon her when she finally ascended to the Shawl...

Still. Here she was. She had been granted access to all sorts of knowledge and notes as compiled by fellow Reds and others from other Ajahs that had put things together that might be of use to them.

It had been bestowed upon her to seek out if there was anything important within this information that they needed to study or track down, maybe go out and investigate or possibly have connected to anything going on. It was all a longshot of course, but she knew that she would pay her dues as such a young Aes Sedai in the Ajah.
A few hours later...

There was a record among some papers that had come in from outside the Red that finally caught the dark, tired eyes of the Kandori woman who had working stubbornly through the afternoon. There had been a series of abductions, of children, in an area around a town in Andor that has been investigated, yet the notations were odd.

It was enough to make her want to find out more, yet to do so, she needed the help of a Blue.

So it was that she took up the relevant notes and records, took down a few extra names, and made her way to the Halls of the Blue Ajah, where she hoped to gain the assistance of the first available Blue she could find...

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Post by Alianora » July 4th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran held the door of her apartments open for the white-clad woman who hurried out of it. "Same time next week, Tamar?" she asked before the Accepted could disappear. The redhead nodded, glancing nervously down the hall. Liaran wondered what time it was. She didn't think she'd kept the girl late, but Tamar had asked a lot of questions and Liaran hadn't wanted to discourage her from asking them. "You may go, then," she said. "If you're late, you may tell Tia Sedai that I kept you." The Accepted hurried away, and Liaran closed her door to watch her disappear down the hall. Tamar had been raised not long after Liaran herself had been, and the Blue wanted to make sure the Accepted could find her way out of the still unfamiliar Blue quarters.

As the Accepted disppeared, Liaran noticed a woman she didn't know coming up the hallway. In itself, that wasn't unusual. There were plenty of Blues she didn't recognize, but they all moved through the halls with an assurance that said they knew exactly where they were going. The dark haired woman was slower, and kept looking at the doors as if she were searching for someone. She didn't seem to be lost, exactly, but to Liaran, it appeared as if she were as unfamiliar as Tamar was with the Blue quarters. She left her position beside her door, and walked down the hall to intercept the other woman. The silk of her bright blue pants made a soft rustling sound as she moved, bringing a smile to Liaran's face. She did not miss the dress of an Accepted at all. The smile remained as she reached the other woman. "Do you need help finding someone's rooms?" Liaran asked.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 6th, 2017, 2:28 am

Andraste came to a halt when the woman spoke to her. She did not recognize her, so felt rather certain they hadn't met before, though she looked just familiar enough that the Kandori thought she had seen her before. They had been Accepted at the same time, she suspected, although she could not conjure up a name.

"Yes, I hope that you can." She smiled politely and inclined her head. "I'm Andraste, and I'm coming from the Red halls. I've been researching some of our old papers and found some things that I want to follow up on. There's a notation with these about a Nykkolaia Sedai. Do you know her, and where I might be able to find her?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 6th, 2017, 10:18 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran could vaguely recall the other woman's face from a couple of shared classes over her time as an Accepted, but if she had ever known her name, it wasn't coming to the Blue now. It was a relief when the black-haired woman introduced herself as Andraste. Liaran nodded and answered with her own name. "I'm Liaran," she said, deciding that between their place in the Blue halls and the clothing she wore that her own choice of Ajah ought to be quite clear.

She listened carefully to Andraste's request. For a Red sister to seek out one of the Blue was rather unusual, but not entirely unknown. As it happened, Liaran even knew the woman Andraste asked after, though not well. She wouldn't have said Nykkolaia was a friend, rather an acquaintance, but Liaran could remember seeing her not long ago. They'd both been with a large group of Blue sisters over dinner, and she remembered the blonde mentioning a trip out of the Tower. The memory brought a frown to her face; Andraste would have no luck finding her, and Liaran had no idea when Nykkolaia planned on returning. It was quite possible that she would be gone for some time, in the way of many of the Blues.

"She left the Tower recently," she told the Red. "I don't know when she might plan to return." Liaran regretted that she had to give Andraste such a disappointing answer, and after a moment of thought, added,"Is there anything I can do to help?" She doubted there was anything that she, one of the youngest and most newly raised of Aes Sedai, could do, but Liaran felt she should at least offer instead of allowing the other sister to leave disappointed.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 8th, 2017, 2:31 am

Well, yes, that was a frustration, Andraste thought. She wouldn't let it keep her down, however, because she had a task before her and was the sort to stick to something once she was sure of it. The young Blue before her was kind enough to be willing to try to help her out, so that was a positive.

"I'm not sure if you can, but I'd appreciate any insight you can offer," Andra said. She glanced around and saw a pair of arms chairs in an alcove with a small table. "May we sit?"

The pair moved to the chairs and sat down, allowing Andraste to put the papers she had been carrying down on the table. "I've received papers from all over the place, including some from other Ajahs that they thought might be of interest to us. I found this small notation about a Blue, Nykkolaia Sedai, going to a town in Andor. Children had gone missing."

She found the relevant paper and held it out to Liaran. "Seven children had gone missing in five months. Children seems to be a cause of this Aes Sedai, and she went to investigate. All but two of the children were recovered, apparently, but it doesn't say how. There is a note of thanks from the town magistrate to Nykkolaia, which I think was included here by mistake, so I believe she helped find the children.

"But there's nothing about how she did it, or what was the cause." She shuffled through the other papers and then found a slip of paper that she had notated. "However, there was a man found dead in that same town just a week later, and they were sure he was murdered. There isn't anything else here, but there's something strange that happened around this time and I was hoping she could help me understand."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 13th, 2017, 1:27 am

Liaran
Seated in one of the chairs, Liaran took the offered piece of paper from Andraste. When the other woman finished explaining, she read the page for herself, but it said nothing that Andraste hadn't told her already. If it was supposed to be a record of some kind, it wasn't much of one. The only thing that stuck out to Liaran was that only five of the children had been found. Most of the Ajah were rather persistent when it came to their causes, and Liaran had difficulty believing that Nykkolaia would have stopped her investigation without accounting for all seven of them.

"There really isn't much information here," she commented, though she was sure Andraste was already well aware of that. "If I had to guess, I would say that the murder victim was at least connected to it, and likely the actual abductor, but of course I don't know if that's true or not." She paused briefly before adding her thoughts about Nykkolaia. "What I find strange is that two of the children were never found. If this is a project that Nykkolaia took on, it's hard to believe that she would stop without finding them all. It tends to be rather...difficult to deter a Blue from pursuing something once started. Is that what caught your attention, or is there something else?"

Bella

Post by Bella » July 18th, 2017, 3:18 am

To this, Andra smiled appreciatively. "That's part of it, yes," she said and then paused, trying to form her thoughts. Not all of what caught her attention was something that could be underlined; there was also just a gut feeling that she was working on. "It seems likely to me that the murder victim was the one committing the crimes.

"Most of the children were recovered, and then no others were taken from this village after the man was found dead. Circumstantial, yes, but it is a strong suggestion.

"Details are thin, but I wonder who murdered the man? Why not more investigation? What about the other two children? So many mysteries surrounding the time this Sister was there, it makes a mind wonder. Some of this is a gut feeling, but I think I need to know more. I was thinking about going back to the town and asking questions."

She paused and looked at Liaran for a moment. "They were grateful for Nykkolaia, so the Blue may have an affiliation. Might you consider making the trip with me? Perhaps you could help me investigate, as it does pertain to your Ajah, and Nykkolaia is not here to question... Although I would understand if you wouldn't feel comfortable treading on her territory, so to speak. I do think this needs following up on, though."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 20th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Liaran Sedai
To Liaran, it seemed obvious that the dead man and the missing children had to be connected somehow, and it was a relief to find that Andraste shared that opinion. The Red had several good questions about what had happened, but what concerned Liaran most were the children who had not been found. Why hadn't Nykkolaia continued to search for them? Something about the whole situation just didn't seem right. It was no surprise to her that Andraste wanted to go to the town herself, but Liaran had not expected to be asked along.

For a moment, the Blue considered her response. She was interested in helping, but there were things she'd have to do first, classes that would need to be reassigned to others if she were going to leave the Tower. "When were you planning on leaving?" she asked, knowing she'd need at least a couple days to make all her arrangements. "I'd like to go with you, but I'd have to find other teachers to take my classes, and that might take me a bit of time." She offered the other woman a small smile, and found herself hoping that things would work out so that she could accompany the Red sister.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 22nd, 2017, 2:01 am

That brought a small, appreciative smile to Andra's lips. After all, she might have chosen the Red, but she felt it was in her best interest to foster good will between herself and other Ajahs. And even though Liaran didn't seem to know Nykkolaia that well, they were both Blues and she could be invaluable on this task.

"I'm flexible," she replied. "This has sat in notes unattended for a few years already, so I am sure that a few days will not change anything. How long do you think you'll need?"
Spoiler: show
OOC: Feel free to do a time jump to their departure in the next post, if you like. :)

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 23rd, 2017, 6:38 pm

Liaran Sedai
“It shouldn’t take more than a few days,” Liaran answered, mentally going over a list of her classes. The novices wouldn’t be any trouble to assign to any of the Accepted, for the most part. It was her Accepted students that concerned her more, as they took more specialized lessons, but even for them, she thought canceling just one if she must would do no harm. After deciding when to leave, she parted ways with Andraste.

Four days later, Liaran stood at the stables clutching the reins of a small, grey horse. Having no horse of her own, the grey was a loan from the stables. He was called Thundercloud and Liaran desperately hoped his disposition did not match the name. The horse paced, but Liaran largely ignored him, looking out for Andraste. She wasn’t certain the Red sister would know her in the dark blue dress she wore, one that came out of her wardrobe only if she would be leaving the Tower. Divided for riding, it was more tolerable than a typical skirt, but not by much, and the Aes Sedai was already missing the pants she’d left up in her rooms. As the horse became more restless, she began to walk with him and hoped he’d settle down. It seemed as if he was eager to be off, as Liaran herself was, but they would have to wait, and if Thundercloud was not patient, Liaran would be.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik