A Life Well-Lived [Solo]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

A Life Well-Lived [Solo]

Post by Bella » June 27th, 2017, 11:23 pm

(OOC: This post has a soundtrack.)

Six years...

It was four hours after low, and the sun had long ago set. This was an hour set aside for "personal studies" for the middle learning ranks of the Grey Tower, but that night, Andraste had already done all of her work. She climbed to the upper levels of the tower, where would could stand out on one of the upper balconies and look over the Tower grounds below her, covered in night.

This was a beautiful place. It was so in the daylight, but there was something about nighttime that made it so much more. She didn't know what appealed to her, but the gentle darkness below and the sparkling of the stars above just stirred something in her. Maybe it reminded her of the past, when she had once slept under those stars and that inky sky.

She had come to this place unwillingly, already having lived one life and seen it end.

Had she been given the choice, of course, back then, she would not have chosen to leave what she had. She would have seen the rest of her days roll out before her with her husband and their lover at her side. She would have been happy with that, she was certain of this, but that was not what had been in store for her. That had been something she'd had to accept, in time.

Now, standing on this balcony at the age of twenty-nine, she reflected that thirty summers was beckoning for her. The wind rose then, seeming to come from the base of the tower and it blew against her face. Her loose hair flew back in the light breeze and she inhaled deeply, her life as it was now filling her from head to toe.

Saidar flowed into her and filled her with its sweet song. Unadulterated joy filled her face as she stared up at the darkened sky. She started weaving and watched as simple lights formed, dancing and taking on life with color that she wasn't even conscious of granting them.

As they trailed through the sky, she felt like the path of her life--from then until now--was being drawn in their glowing lights. She thought about the two Sisters who had saved her, even if on that day she thought she might as well be dead. She thought about Jaryd and her adventures sleeping the gardens, the connection she'd felt between their grief.

She thought about young trainees tumbling out of bushes, and piles of laundry with Jaren, and tripping in the garden, and lessons and training... She thought of the things she had done and the friends she had made.

The Arches, and the banquet, her family, and the life she had sown. The block, and then overcoming it, realizing how much anger had spent such a long time at home in her. Letting that go so she could put Belenus and Chandra into a quiet place in her heart, never forgotten but no longer weighing her down. Almost thirty, but her life seemed like it was only just beginning.

Slowly, she watched the colors change. She realized that she was the one doing it, but not even aware of it. It just happened.

The colors were lit with red...and she laughed. Yes, of course. She thought about her Third Arch, and although at the time, it had been heart-wrenching, now she could look at it for a lesson. It told her of where she was heading, and maybe she could have fought it, but she felt no reason to. She thought of her conversation with Tia Sedai.

"I considered the Blue, because justice is important. Having a cause to devote one's life to is important to me as well, and so there was appeal in that.

"However, I didn't feel that call to it, which so many channelers speak about. I also considered the Green." She flashed another smile at the Green beside her. "Although I could not appreciate it at the time, the rescue of you and you kin was something to be remembered, and I feel compelled to face things head on. To fight for things."

The Accepted turned her gaze back out over all the land that sat around the butte they stood on. "But...I don't see myself with armies, or engaging battles as such. Fighting, I can see. But there is something different between a battle and a fight.

"Red, though, is a specific fight to be sought out. Losing Chandra and Belenus as I did... I would spare others from that feeling. It is not about revenge, though. I thought about vengeance often when I was first here, but I have lived much since coming to this place and I do not see things the same as I used to. But I do see a purpose. And that purpose aligns me with the Red."

Yes, she knew the path of her life from here on out. Perhaps she did not know when the chance to wear the shawl would come, but she knew that it would. She would prove herself, prove that she had earned the right, and then she would follow the path into the Red. She would help those she could help, and vanquish that which needed vanquishing.

It wasn't about revenge. There could never be true revenge, and she knew that if she had lived with that in mind that it would never be over, and she would never live again. There were too many people, herself included, that she owed more to than that. She was a woman who saw little debt, but she knew that certain people she owed it to to live the best life she was capable of.

One of purpose, meaning.

The sky was filled with red for several moments as she stood with her arms out, channeling that light.

The light in the sky, the lightness now in her spirit, and the Light that had granted her this chance. Andra smiled as the breeze blew against her, making her feel alive. For Belenus, for Chandra, for herself, for everyone... She wouldn't waste this chance. She wouldn't waste this life.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik