Timeless Conversation [Attn: Craig]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Timeless Conversation [Attn: Craig]

Post by Andy » August 9th, 2017, 5:25 pm

The cold and the trembling, turning quickly to a deep and prolonged shudder, came quicker than he expected though he was never fully prepared for the use of the One Power upon him. Healing he had experienced all too often for his liking but it had its necessity. The pain eased, loosened and then vanished. In fact Elia had swept pretty much everything he had in terms of injury away without as much as a hint of effort. It was impressive, as ever. A small smile came t his face as he sighed and felt his muscles relax, telling him just how much he had been tensing them.

"Thank you Elia Sedai, I can assure you I have a good memory for lessons," he stated, watching her as she talked once more.

It was easier to both hear and appreciate her words now though he did think she looked somewhat uncomfortable. She was smoothing her skirts a little too often and kept putting her hand to her lips, almost as if she were ill. He tilted his head and wondered how you asked a powerful channeler whether they needed any help of their own whilst remaining relatively diplomatic. She had made him feel somewhat like a new man so it felt only fair to do what small things he could in return.

"I hope that you do not feel the same effects, if so I would help if I can" he ended up deciding upon, something vague but the offer was there.

"And I would think that arguments would happen even without the Bond and the emotions bleeding together. People never get on every day of their lives, not if they really care," he mused, "still...it is good to know. Even if only to be prepared for such things and try to try to think up resolutions"

"What do channelers get out of it? Apart from a fighter or guard, of course. It seems to me that a lot of the benefits tend to be said as being for the Warder. Does the other side get no physical benefits in kind?"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » August 14th, 2017, 10:17 am

Elia Darrow
"You can't help unfortunately," Elia said softly, smiling at Alrim for the offer. Her smile turned sour as another wave of nausea hit her. "Ugh. Don't ever become pregnant Alrim. It's a thoroughly unpleasant experience." She allowed herself a short moment to recover, not that Elia suddenly expected the Ji'val to jump down her throat for the silence.

She had to think of an answer to Alrim's question that skirted around the truth. Such wordplay was a daily challenge for the Oathsworn, except that most of them had the benefits of the actual Oaths to keep their tongue in check. Elia was not that blessed. She'd been bonded twice, but neither were public knowledge.

A small smile of amusement touched the corner of the lips. "Physical benefits? Well, I have heard there are some physical benefits to the bond, but I can't speak about it myself. But no, in answer to your actual question, there are no benefits to the channeller. A Warder can go on for days at a time, but the channeller is not so blessed. It's a touch like Healing: I can Heal you, but I can't Heal myself.

"Some things are the same, of course. The sensation of one another. It is summarised by some that this contributes positively towards the channeller's well-being, having that ever-present reminder that someone is always looking out for you. But that gets to the real crux of the bond. A Warder is there to protect the channeller. It is not always safe in the world, and there are places many Aes Sedai or Asha'man would fear to tread alone. Some we would fear to tread even with a coterie of Warders, but many additional doors are opened with a good Warder."

Elia looked out of the tall windows. Beyond the limits of the Grey Tower was Hama Valon in all of its squalor and splendour. "Let's say I wish to travel to Tear, curious as I am about what trove of treasures lies within the Stone of Tear. How would I safely gain enter into a city that gets apoplectic at the suggestion that someone has a connection to the One Power? When the guards ask my name, what can I say? 'My name is Elia Darrow'. Then the next question is who am I? 'A sister of the Grey Tower'." The Shienaran looked away from the city below back to her companion, eyes twinkling. "I can't lie. Two questions and I'm clapped in chains or ousted from the city. And when I'm surrounded by guards, what can I do? 'Never to use the One Power as a weapon except against Darkfriends or Shadowspawn.'" She sat back with a satisfied look on her heart-shaped face.

"I would love to go to Tear, but such a thing is impossible without someone who can lie for me. It is not against the Oaths for me to let someone believe in a falsehood, so long as I don't confirm it myself. And it is also of great comfort to know that when good yet deluded people turn on me for being an Aes Sedai, there is someone there who can help me out from that bind."

Elia looked out the window again, resting her chin on her open palm. There'd be a time when she had that type of companion before he got himself freed from their bond. She missed knowing that her shadow could protect her. Now she was more scared of the Shadow than she'd dare to admit.

"Traditionally the bond was a martial necessity. Times have changed since the Trolloc Wars, however, and now there are plenty who see the bond as a test of friendship or companionship, even assigning it a romantic notion." Her dour tone clearly indicated her thoughts on those types of bonds. "If you wish to be a proper Warder, you will bond out of duty. You will find someone with whom you share similar views and values, but not someone you desire to bed. You can't do very much to protect your bondmate when the only sword you're wielding is between your lover's legs."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » August 16th, 2017, 5:21 pm

He did nothing but smile and shake his head at her comment about her pregnancy. He would, of course, never know such a thing as she did now but he would wager coin that when it came to the children being birthed and growing she would like as not consider it worth the suffering. Suffering passed but legacies could endure for generations and touch the Pattern in ways that could make lives better off. Or worse. Though he'd opt for the former considering the mother and her position. He watched her intently as she talked, a mixture of humour and seriousness between gazing out into the distance. Perhaps it was the brief shared experience but she seemed slightly more open and friendly than at the beginning.

More genuine...perhaps he told himself though he had no proof beyond a gut instinct.

At the end he had to laugh if only because trying to hold it in would have been more embarrassing than just embracing the humour. He was not sure he agreed with her entirely but he was polite and respectful enough not to contradict her. He had come for a different perspective, for new knowledge, and she had given him both in her own way. He wiped his eyes and brought himself back to being composed as soon as was possible.

"True enough, First Seeker, true enough," he sighed and leaned back further into his chair. The Greens would like as not disagree with her most strongly he felt. As for the other Ajahs, well he was no spokesperson.

"You have given me much to think upon and an experience I am not sure I will ever forget. I thank you for the time you have given but it is time for me to get back to my lessons. The Master of Training is not forgiving to the tardy" he shrugged apologetically as he looked at her, it was clear through the window that he had spent longer there than had been anticipated.

"I am not sure if the Pattern will provide such a thing as a Bond to me but even if it does not it was a pleasure to receive instruction from the First Seeker herself," he pushed himself up slowly and blinked at how without aches he was, a marvel, truly.

"I hope that you get to see Tear one day. Perhaps, if the occasion arises, I could help you. And I wish both yourself and the children the best of blessings" he bowed as she deserved and looked at her again before turning and exiting the room, closing the door quietly behind himself.

It had not been ho he had envisioned the meeting going, that much was clear. He fancied he could still feel the link between them if he tried to summon up the memory. Perhaps some of the other Ji were right about him, he did have a knack of finding himself in strange situations. He shook his head at himself and made the walk toward the Yards more slowly than he should have done, he meant to enjoy the moments of pain free reflection before he had revelation beat into him once more.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik