Five Plus Two Equals...Are You Kidding Me? [Attn: Ravak Darrow Gaidin]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Five Plus Two Equals...Are You Kidding Me? [Attn: Ravak Darrow Gaidin]

Post by Bella » May 5th, 2017, 4:52 pm

"You cannot possibly be serious..."

Miahala sat on the edge of a bed in a private room of the infirmary, staring with wide blue-green eyes at her kin-in-law. Gareth was stone-faced as always, except for surprise and compassion in his own pale grey gaze. Neither said anything else for a while and simply just continued to stare at one another.

The Aes Sedai was only there because Ravak had insisted after a bout of illness following breakfast that morning. She had been utterly sure that she was fine and nothing was wrong, just a bit of unappealing food, but her lover and bond-mate had been worried. She had agreed to come to appease him.

The visit had been with the certain thought that she would visit with Gareth for a bit, learn she was right, and go back to Ravak to tell him just that: she'd been right. Now, however, she couldn't do that. She certainly couldn't do it if she was never able to stand up from this bed, and given how every muscle and joint was frozen in shock...

"No..." Mia repeated. "No, you must be wrong. You just must be!" She stood up swiftly, for no particular reason, but the world swam and the last thing she remembered was Gareth's arms suddenly beneath her to stop the floor from rushing up to meet the Green. The words "fetch the Master of Arms" filled her ear before the world went black.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Five Plus Two Equals...Are You Kidding Me? [Attn: Ravak Darrow Gaidin]

Post by Craig » May 5th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Ravak
Ravak's gaze rose above the sheet of paper in his hands towards the man unfortunate enough to be on the other side of his desk. "You can't be serious."

The twirled moustache of the man opposite puffed out in surprise. "O-of course I am. That's a fair price. I already agreed on it with your predecessor."

"Mm." Well if there was something he couldn't argue with, it was Riahana's reasoning. She'd been running the Warder Yards before he'd even been a Drin, and he had a serious bout of imposter syndrome going on. The fancy clothes did nothing to embolden his own opinions about how commanding he was. The Master of Arms' office felt alien to him, even if it was a mirror image of his previous room as Gaidin Captain.

Ravak's thoughts returned to his guest, although maybe that wasn't the right word. Whatever the term, Elluin was waiting on the Master of Arms to make a decision. Elluin was one of the labourers that aided in almost all of the construction projects. He was a servant of the Grey Tower, but that didn't mean he knuckled his forehead at the sight of a Gaidin. And Elluin didn't much care for the new occupant of his office.

Rav lifted his iridescent quill and signed his signature at the bottom. "You'll have your funds, Master Davenport. I expect fine work," he added. Rav wasn't willing to concede that the point had been lost simply from name-dropping Ria, even if that was the truth. "We aren't made of money."

"I know what we're made of, Gaidin," Elluin replied as he stood up, form in hand. "I did help build plenty of it."

That you did. The bemused smirk wasn't seen by Master Davenport as he left Rav's room, but the man had won his approval. Funny how certain things could be decided at the drop of a hat.

Returning the quill to its inkwell, the Master of Arms felt a change. It was subtle at first, but he recognised it as Miahala before-- He practically vaulted from his chair the moment Mia's presence went dim in his mind. He bolted out of his office and down the corridor without a care beyond getting to the Saldaean's side, ignoring shouts as he barrelled past trainees and fellow Gaidin.
---- Ravak's pace only slowed once he got to the Infirmary, when it transitioned into a quick march. He had to be more careful moving through the patients and workers; the Infirmary did not stop to welcome the Master of Arms as other places might. He made a beeline straight for the room that Mia was in, pushing the door open as he entered.

Rav scanned his bondmate like he did potential adversaries, looking for everything and anything amiss. Aside from being unconscious, there was nothing else visibly the matter. He would have sensed if there was, but confirmed it with his eyes made the truth more real.

"What's the matter?" The Shienaran didn't even turn his head to acknowledge Gareth, although he had spotted the Yellow at the moment of entry. Rav's concentration lay entirely on his lover's sleeping face, wondering if her illness from this morning was the cause of his event.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 5th, 2017, 11:02 pm

[subtitle]Gareth Tomason Asha'man[/subtitle]
The abrupt appearance of the Master of Arms brought no surprise, since Gareth understood both love and bonding. If he had felt Riahana fall unconscious, everything else would have been forgotten and thrown into the wind so he could rush to her side. The Yellow knew that Miahala was alright, just shocked, so he had just waited for Ravak's appearance.

With his arms folded over his broad chest in that way he had when he was thoughtful, the Yellow turned to face the Gaidin.

"She is alright," he reassured the other man without delay. "She simply...had a shock." Okay, that was putting it mildly. It suddenly struck him how odd this was. Just a handful of months ago, Gareth had delivered similar news to this very man's sister. "She came to see me because of the nausea today. It was morning sickness.

"Miahala is pregnant, Master Darrow," Gareth finally said, succinctly but compassionately.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » May 5th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Ravak
Ravak turned and smiled at Gareth. It was one of those fake smiles that people used when someone said something so incredulous that you had to smile so that you didn't laugh in their face. "That's impossible," Ravak stated with absolute certainty. He faced Miahala again, looking at the grey flashes in her otherwise auburn hair. "I mean, not any more. She's..." Rav didn't actually know how old Mia was, but it was old. Old enough that certain things were impossible, like being pregnant.

Straightening up, Rav went to face Gareth again. The Gaidin's pale gaze fell on the Oathsworn pin on the Asha'man's chest, but ignored it. "Something else has to be the reason. She was just a bit sick this morning. Maybe it's a stomach illness?" Ravak wasn't well versed in all things medical, but he knew it wasn't what Gareth had suggested, Oaths or no Oaths.
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 5th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Gareth contemplated how best to convince the man of what had happened, because Gareth knew that his Delving was not incorrect. In all the decades of his own life, his Delving had never been inaccurate. The shock and denial was entirely natural, though. It was to be expected, in fact, because the Yellow had a good idea how old this Aes Sedai was.

He took a deep breath. "She was over a century when she bore her son Haeden," Gareth said carefully. "Aes Sedai are not like other women in the first place. She is of course even more distinguished from most by her...resurrection, however. I would say that something in that process perhaps changed her internally. Perhaps has made what seemed impossible...possible."

There was another pause. "That is only a theory, so I cannot be sure of that. However, I am sure that she is not ill. There is a second life in her body, and mature enough for me to recognize it for what it is. Its heart is beating." Gareth sought the man's face for any signs that this was sinking in. "There are two heartbeats in your Aes Sedai's body. That cannot be mistaken."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » May 6th, 2017, 12:29 am

Ravak
A dullness came over the Gaidin's eyes as he found himself looking inward. He hadn't been in denial of the truth, just certain in its inaccuracy. Now he faced the fact that Gareth was not mistaken, and that biology or some miracle of the Creator had made the impossible real.

"Pregnant?" he uttered. Lightning seemed to flash through his body as the truth took hold. His heart thumped loudly within the walls of his chest as he slowly made his way back to Mia's bedside. Mia and their child's bedside. Peace... The Gaidin took the Saldaean's nearest hand in his. The warmth of her touch brought him a comfort that even the bond couldn't match.

A genuine feeling of happiness came over so completely that he started grinning. "So, is this your idea of 'more besides', my love?" He kissed her hand, then squeezed it tightly. Light, this is happening. He had no idea what to do, but it started with being here when she woke.
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » May 8th, 2017, 2:07 pm

[subtitle]Miahala Sha'hal Sedai[/subtitle]
Consciousness came back to the Green slowly...or maybe it was unconsciousness departed only stubbornly.

Either way, she did eventually wake, and it wasn't really that long after she had passed out. She was not naturally one to laze about, after all, and her mind and body were no different. So it was that she woke up again shortly after Ravak had settled down beside her and taken her hand. Maybe it was he that woke her, his touch or what she felt from him.

Her blue-green eyes blinked several times at increasing heights until her eyes were open onto the ceiling. She at first thought she was in her own bed, but then she remembered she was in the infirmary. Then she remembered why...

...and she almost passed out again. She didn't.

She turned her head and saw Ravak beside her, grinning and holding her hand. His happiness seemed to push away her own shock and borderline horror. Her other hand was suddenly on her stomach, a place on her body that was too used to what was about to happen to it, although it was too soon for her to be able to feel anything.

"Is it true?" she asked softly, her eyes leaving Ravak briefly to see Gareth standing behind him and towards the wall. The big Yellow nodded and she knew it was true.

Another child? At this age?

Then again...she had thought Haeden to be impossible, but that impossibility was now running around in the Warder Yards. The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills...and the Wheel wanted Mia to populate the entire Tower by herself, apparently.

Her gaze turned back to her Gaidin. Dimly, she was aware of Gareth's rumbling voice saying he'd leave them alone now and the door opening and shutting. She kept looking at Ravak, studying the feeling of the bond and searching his eyes. "You are happy, love?" she asked softly, almost as if needing his words to secure the feeling and what her eyes could see.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » May 8th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Ravak
The heartening flush of fatherhood -- new fatherhood -- pressed every other thought or feeling aside. He knew what it was like to have a child of his being born, and knew the infinite joy (and frustration and dismay and-- well, everything) that came along with it. Did his plans for his life include yet another child? No it hadn't, but now that it was happening he felt a surge of love towards Miahala that couldn't be expressed with words. He had children, but he'd never had a proper family of his own. What this represented was that dream. He bent down over her bedside, pressing his lips to hers as a rush of euphoria seemed to surge through him.

Their lips parted, and he whispered breathily with their faces mere inches apart. "You are the light of my soul, Miahala Sha'hal. I could not be happier." Every word was true, and was reflected in his emotions. The air around them should have been charged with the devotion he held for her in that moment. "I love you Miahala. I love you." He kissed her again, on the nose, then on the cheek, only then finally giving her some space as he straightened, still sitting on her bedside, still holding her hand in his.

His gaze drifted to her other hand, resting atop her stomach. Far too early to see anything, but Rav wanted to reach out and overlay his hand on hers. He resisted, however; she hadn't had a chance to reply. Rav looked back into Mia's beautiful blue-green eyes, expecting nothing other than love to beam back from her.
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » May 8th, 2017, 3:00 pm

The feelings bursting within him echoed that which was in her, and overwhelmed her to the point where she thought she might not be able to breathe, let alone speak. She stared at him opening, but the light glistened in a new way off her eyes as he kissed her and spoke to her and then looked into her eyes.

Mia swallowed hard, feeling like her heart was in her throat. Like her chest was too full of emotion to contain it.

"I love you too, Ravak," she managed to get the words out. The bond echoed their sincerity, where she could not find the strength of voice to do the same. Then without realizing his resisted impulse, she reached out and took his hand and placed it where hers had been, hers now resting on his. "And I am happy."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » May 8th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Ravak
Ravak grinned. It was a stupid grin, made more foolish from the fact he was just resting his hand on Mia's perfectly normal stomach, but... Well, it was different now. What the head may deny, the heart could not. Their child was in there. Their child.

Was it too early to think of names? Too easy to wonder about his gender? His gender? Have I already decided it's going to be a boy? It didn't matter. Boy or girl, it would be their boy or girl. That's what would be different. They would be a family, a chance to do things right this time. A chance for him to do things right this time.

He tore his eyes away from their interlinked hands and faced Mia. The elation and boundless joy was still there, but now there was also a question in Rav's mind. A question he had to ask.

"Mia, will you marry me?"
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik