Through the Looking Glass - [Attn: First Seeker Elia Sedai]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Kenneth
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Taesh Durlaen, Head Clerk
SC: Avairyana Borelle, Novice

Through the Looking Glass - [Attn: First Seeker Elia Sedai]

Post by Kenneth » April 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Taesh Asha'man
Taesh made his way through the halls of the Indigo Ajah, nodding to those he passed with a genuine smile. Today, his smile was a little brighter than normal, because he was rather excited for the meeting he was going to. After much trying, trial, and error, the Atha'an Miere had made very little progress in skill with the Talent he had discovered, dubbed Scrying. The ability to bring up actual images of distance, but familiar, places in reflective surfaces. Jhanic, the first Aiel and friend that Taesh had made when he first entered the Tower, had tried to help him. The Thunderwalker was a member of the Indigo Ajah, focusing on Talents and angreal; but Taesh had not seen his friend for some time. Jhanic had stepped down as Master of Soldiers and return to his people for some mission that Taesh had no clue about. The Atha'an Miere allowed himself a moment of longing over his friend, before pushing the emotion into the Flame, and continuing on his way.

Only a few hours earlier in the day the leader of the Grey Ajah had received word from his counterpart in the Indigo that she would be willing and available to help him explore this unfamiliar Talent. Taesh had been more than relived to receive the message, as his other experiments with members of the Indigo had led nowhere. He was grateful to whatever member of the Ajah that had brought his plight to the attention of their leader. He believed that if anyone in the Tower would be able to help him understand and develop the Talent to it's full extend, it would be the First Seeker of the Indigo Ajah. It didn't really register to Taesh that Elia was Aes Sedai and therefor would be unable to see him weaving saidin, he was so optimistic that she would have some way or knowledge to compensate that he didn't care. All the Atha'an Miere could focus on was that he might finally make some headway in learning exactly what it was he could do, how to improve it, and possible to see if others could also grasp the technique.

With these thoughts swimming in his head he knocked, perhaps a little too enthusiastically, on the door of the First Seeker.
"Reflected in the calm waters is the peace we all desire" Taesh Durlaen Taesh's Tracker

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Through the Looking Glass - [Attn: First Seeker Elia Sedai]

Post by Craig » April 10th, 2017, 12:57 am

Elia Sedai
When Elia heard the knock on the door, her immediate reaction was nonexistent. The First Seeker was laid out on top of her bedsheets, her back propped up by a half-dozen cushions and pillows. Being upright was the only thing keeping her from falling asleep, which she found herself doing a lot of. The Yellows had reassured her that everything was normal. If being tired, grouchy and sick was normal, then the Indigo would readily agree with them.

A few moments after the knocking, Elia realised that there was no sound of movement from the other room. Stopping for a moment to concentrate, she came to the conclusion that there was no-one else in her rooms. Maybe I did have a nap. It was more than possible. With a few grunts and groans, Elia swung her legs over the side of the bed and got up onto her feet.

When the First Seeker answered her own door, there was no attempt from the Shienaran to conceal her condition. Her dress was a pale pink in shade, with slashes of cream across the skirts. It had been tailored for her increasing size -- the twins were the size of lemons at this stage, but her bump seemed much larger. The right sleeve was her dress was abnormally long with an impressive ruffle at the end. All-in-all it completely concealed her withered husk of an arm, but her face still winced whenever pain shot through it.

Despite the fact that she felt like an overstuffed pig, Elia offered the Head Clerk a warm smile. Unlike scores of other duties she had to attend to, this meeting was a blessing. The Shienaran's strength lay in her mastery of all things ter'angreal but she remained the First Seeker, and the Indigo Ajah was always interested in new weaves.

Elia stepped out of the way to permit Taesh's entry. "Please, do come in. Make yourself comfortable." The room was, in size and shape, a mirror image of Taesh's own. It was the adornments that made it hers, however. That and the indigo shaded tiles on the floor. Three gorgeous goldenwood seats surrounded a table covered by a white lace drape in the centre of the room. Beyond it were a couple of window seats by a smaller table, and the rest of the room had various ornamentations.

It was towards the central table that Elia moved towards, neither quickly nor gracefully. She slowly lowered herself into the chair. It was upholstered in a creamy yellow and was blissfully well padded. The First Seeker adjusted her skirts before looking up toward the Atha'an Miere.

"So tell me Taesh, in what way can I help you?" Outside of the formality of the Hall of Sitters, Elia felt it safe to omit the honorific from the man's name. She was quite happy simply being called Elia after all.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Kenneth
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Taesh Durlaen, Head Clerk
SC: Avairyana Borelle, Novice

Post by Kenneth » April 12th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Taesh's already bright smiled shinned even more when Elia answered the door. The Atha'an Miere loved children, especially babies. He had no desire to father any of his own;but was more than willing to spend his time and energy on those that were the responsibility of others. Pregnant women were given special attention on a ship, and Taesh tended to do the same in the Tower. Even though Elia gave no indication that she wanted to be coddled, or would be receptive to such attention, Taesh was but a step behind her as she made her way to the table. Ready to be of any assistance if the First Seeker needed it.

When she was safely seated, Taesh took his own seat at the beautiful table and its accompanying chairs. Once there he gave a quick glance around Elia's room, getting a small sense for the woman through her tastes in decorations. The rooms of the First Seeker and the Head Clerk could not have been more different. Elia's room reminded Taesh of the receiving rooms of the noble Ladies' that he had visited before. Taesh's own room was a hodgepodge of maps and illuminated treaties, plants and items from the sea and ships, along with an assortment of Seafolk porcelain. Still, the Atha'an Miere liked Elia's room, and decided that meant he liked her as well. The two had very little interaction outside of the Hall, but he was sure that would be soon changing.

"Thank you for receiving me Elia. I confess if you had not I don't know what I would've done. Up until now I feel like I've been stuck on a reef with no hope of getting out, now though, maybe the tide is changing." The frustration with how things had turned out until now with Scrying was evident in the Grey's tone, but so too was the hope that he was beginning to feel.

"I am sure you remember the cowardly attack by the Seanchan some years ago" it would be hard for anyone to not remember the attack, that had taken some time for the Tower to recover from. "I was a mere Dedicated then, but I discovered something that night. I was in my room, my mind racing from everything that was going on. There had been rumors that the Seanchan had destroyed some of my people's ships. I was worried, scared, mad, what ever I could feel I was feeling. I wanted, I needed to know what was going on with my people, my family. And the long and short of it is, I wove. I have no idea what, it wasn't something I was taught or ever saw, it just came to me."

Taesh remembered that day still with trepidation. The discovery for the weave had happened after he had fought the to'raken, but before he had been sent out with other Dedicated and Accepted into Hama Valon to rescue any of the townspeople and stop enemy soldiers. That day, the things that he had seen and done, had all but cemented Taesh's choice for the Grey Ajah. He had a deep aversion to war and violence, and believed that it was the Grey would worked the most to create and maintain peace.

"The weave, it works best using a mirror, but anything that you can see a reflection in will work. It allows me to see distant places. At first I thought it was an illusion, but it is not. Every time I use the weave I see changes that can only be attested to time. Yet in order to see a place, it must be somewhere that I am familiar with, somewhere that I have been. I have tried to Scry, that is what I have been calling it, places based on someone else's description of it, but nothing."

Taesh realized that he was rambling because of his excitement, and had yet to actually answer the Indigo Aes Sedai's question. He took a deep breath and began again, this time at a slower pace in a slightly calmer tone.

"Ultimately Elia, I need your assistance and expertise. I have no head for this; experimenting with weaves. I feel that I have done all that I can do on my own. There are no books, no records of this thing. Jhanic and Illyria attempted to help me soon after I had first stumbled upon the weave, but nothing came of that. I am hoping that the winds blow different now, and perhaps you will better be able to help me understand this thing, and develop it?" There was pleading, almost desperate color to the Atha'an Miere's voice as he looked at the First Seeker.
"Reflected in the calm waters is the peace we all desire" Taesh Durlaen Taesh's Tracker

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » April 13th, 2017, 10:46 am

Elia
The Shienaran listened thoughtfully. In comparison to other more recent events, the Second Seanchan Siege seemed like a drop of water in a sea of troubles. So many things had happened since then...

The rest held her attention. It was a curiosity to hear about a weave that required an object to utilise, even if she was well versed at using objects of the Power in her daily life. It would explain why this was all new to her. Mirrors were just mirrors, not something that you could use the One Power on.

A few months ago and the Indigo would have been scheming of ways to use this Scrying for her own means. Now there was only an innocent curiosity that fuelled her enthusiasm. "I hope so too," she replied. "I would love to help. Can you show me what you can do?"

Not waiting for an answer, Elia rose back up onto sore feet and walked over to the edge of the room. There were two different full-length mirrors in the First Seeker's apartments, with a third having been banished back to storage. She liked looking at her expanding form less and less, but presentability was still a factor that bore consideration. The mirror she took a hold of moved easily on a bed of Air. Channelling was becoming more of a struggle with each passing day, but Air had always been her strongest element.

After a few moments, Elia had the full-length mirror placed by the table. It almost seemed like a second Taesh was seated in her apartments from the size and angle of it. "I'm assuming this will work as a focal point for the weave?" The Shienaran moved back into her chair, once more glad to be off her feet.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik