To Catch One's Breath [attn: Bella/Gareth]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

To Catch One's Breath [attn: Bella/Gareth]

Post by Roan » March 20th, 2017, 3:16 am

Riahana Ferria Gaidin
When Riahana returned to the Tower after a mission, her first stop was usually her quarters to get cleaned and find her husband if he hadn't joined her. Upon their arrival from Vaidulo, though, the Mistress of Arms made her way to the offices of the Flame and Fang. The events in the village were significant enough the Amyrlin Seat and M’Hael would need to be informed at once. Unfortunately, Ria’s report would provide more questions than answers.

What should have been an hour long meeting stretched to two, and it may well have stretched to three except the Blade, Flame and Fang all realized they were going around in circles. Riahana learned of the events at the ball, as well as the attack on Hama Valon. She heard of ‘The First Blade,’ and had a sinking feeling it would not be the last time the name would come up.

Vaidulo, the attack on Hama Valon and the incident at the Ball. More questions than answers. When the Triumvirate finally went their separate ways, Ria checked in on the twins. She knew Einion and Tia were ok, but the mother in her needed to actually see and talk to them. The bundle in the back of her mind that was Gareth seemed weary, but occupied.

Once Riahana knew her children were ok, she made her way back to her quarters she shared with Gareth. What happened in Vaidulo weighed heavily on her. She lead the Gaidin and Ji’Val, thus she was ultimately responsible for their health and well being. One was dead, and two others grievously injured. Terric Gaidin no doubt felt as if he had toh, though she didn't see it that way. She’d need to speak with him at some point soon.

For now? All the Mistress of Arms wanted to do was return to her quarters, shed the mantle of rank, wrap her arms around her husband and not let go for a very long time. She felt weary, and suspected the same of Gareth. The knot he occupied in her mind grew closer, and she knew he was done with his duties. . .at least for now.

Ria removed her Fancloak and then her blue-black leather armour. Feeling lighter and unburdened with the armour removed, she let go a slow breath and let the Void slip away. The weight of the mission settled squarely on her shoulders, and she let go another weary sigh.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: To Catch One's Breath [attn: Bella/Gareth]

Post by Bella » March 20th, 2017, 10:29 pm

It wasn't until he left the infirmary that he realized just how very, very body-weary and mind-weary he actually was. Was it all him, or did he feed off his warder-wife as well? Either way, the large man began to have serious doubts about his capability of even making it to his quarters and some part of his brain began to make a contingency plan to sleep in the hall.

Somehow, however, he did make it to the apartments he shared with Riahana. He could feel her on the other side of the door, just as war-torn as he.

Gareth opened the door and then stepped in, not even being cognizant of shutting it behind him. Suddenly, all his tired eyes could see was his wife and he crossed the same between them in a moment. He said nothing and just pulled her into his large arms and all but crushed her against his chest as everything came crashing down onto those shoulders.

Roan

Post by Roan » March 25th, 2017, 1:14 am

Riahana Ferria Gaidin
The door to their quarters opened, and not a split second later, Ria was in Gareth’s arms. She held on to him as tightly as he held on to her. In the privacy of their quarters, they were not Asha’man and Gaidin, but husband and wife. There were few, if any, Ria would let her guard down so completely as she would with him.

While they had been in Vaidulo, Riahana wore the mantle of Gaidin and Warder to him, and wouldn’t hesitate to put her life on the line for him, or any that were in the party sent to investigate the mystery of Vaidulo. Ria could not understand what it was they experienced. . .what they witnessed. The thought of humans turned to. . .mindless monsters was horrifying and chilled her to the core. Who would do something like that to other human beings?

It was a question she need not answer aloud. The Shadow. Perhaps even the Black Ajah. What could she or Gareth do with any of that information? Coupled with the attack on Hama Valon, and the incident at the ball, Ria felt a sense of dread settle over her. Life as a Gaidin was at the same time simple and complex. Simple as her duty was clear to her. Protect her Ward at all costs. Complex because the Shadow never seemed to rest. It's denizens kept testing boundaries, seeing where weaknesses could be exploited, and striking with little regard for collateral damage.

All of these thoughts circled through Ria’s mind until Gareth pulled her into his arms. If even for a few brief moments, her concerns seemed to melt away and all that was left was her and him. Burying her head into his chest, Ria tightened her arms around her as she listened to the sound of his heart beating and each breath he took. Time passed without notice, and with each breath, tension seemed to slip away, at least to some degree.

Eventually, Ria moved her head a bit to look up at her husband, “I could do with a very hot bath, something stiff to drink and your arms around me until morning. I know it is not entirely possible, but I wish to forget Vaidulo and everything that happened today.”

Rheya Sedai died because you made a foolish tactical decision her inner voice chided. Would the Ji’Val made any difference? Perhaps there would have been two dead instead of one? Perhaps Elia Sedai and the Dedicated wouldn’t have been injured. Self doubt snaked its way into Ria’s thoughts and she found she couldn't push them away.

Bella

Post by Bella » March 25th, 2017, 9:00 pm

His first response was a noncommittal rumble from low in his chest. He pulled back and moved his hands to her face, leaning down to press his forehead to herself. Loose strands of blonde hair fell to either side of their faces, almost like a curtain to block them off from the rest of the world, which was precisely what he wanted.

"I could do without either of the first two and be happy with the last," he said quietly, eyes still closely as he shared her breath.

After a moment, he went on. "I don't imagine we can ever truly forget it, but...we can only recover now and move forward." Ever the Yellow, focused on how to heal and continue on. "And for now...well. I think we can at least forget it for the rest of the night. I think for one night, we can pretend nothing exists outside of this room."

Roan

Post by Roan » March 26th, 2017, 12:13 am

Riahana Ferria Gaidin
Ria closed her eyes as he rested his forehead on hers, and moved her hands to his wrists. He was right, of course. . .they likely would never forget Vaidulo. Life would carry on, and the memory might fade, but never fully be forgotten. They would continue in their duties to the Tower, to their family and to each other. Gareth always seemed to give Ria strength, even in some of the darker moments of her life. He helped see her through to the other side, as she did for him.

Taking a slow, deep breath, Ria moved her hands to Gareth’s chest. Without thinking about it, her breaths synced with his. She could feel his heartbeat and the rise and fall of his chest with each breath he took. “I would be quite happy to pretend nothing exists outside of this room for at least the rest of the night,” she said in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

Riahana had been a Gaidin for some twenty plus years. She’d seen her fair share of horrors, but Vaidulo stood out from all the rest. Was it because it was so fresh in her mind? Or was it because those who met the end of her blade were once human beings doing their best to make ends meet until they seemed to meet a fate worse than death?

Forcing herself to take another deep, slow breath and push the thoughts from her mind, she concentrated on the beat of Gareth’s heart. “In all honesty, I would be happy to do the same through most of tomorrow, as well. I know it is likely not possible what with the Dedicated and Elia Sedai in the Infirmary.” She couldn’t escape the feeling of guilt that came as she thought of the two who were injured and, of course, Rheya Sedai.

Bella

Post by Bella » March 26th, 2017, 3:12 pm

His thumbs traced the lines of her cheekbones, skin upon skin that had known each other deeply for so long. He could remind the moments when they had gone from being separate threads to one intertwined almost as though it was yesterday, though it had been as painful a moment then as now--having just watched Caden carry Miahala's dead body through that Gateway.

Of course, nothing ever goes as one expects, does it? Yet even for all the changes, the ups and downs that had followed, they were here. He and his wife, he and his Gaidin, were still here. And he would see that it remained so.

"I may not be allowed back in the infirmary tomorrow," he said with the faintest threads of humor in his words, tired though it was. "I did much and I think Maever would have me rest a while, and it would be up to a Gaidin to remain with her wearied charge, would it not?" He kissed her forehead. "We shall tend to all, in its time. But we can mend nothing until we start with ourselves."

Which of course was antithetical to everything he'd already been doing since they got back to the Tower, but still, now he was concerned for his wife and her care was his chief priority.

Roan

Post by Roan » March 26th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Riahana Ferria
Mistress of Arms, Blademaster, Gaidin. Titles that held a great deal of weight outside of their private quarters meant absolutely nothing within, and Riahana didn’t mind. When it was just the two of them, they were simply husband and wife, and her need to protect, while never absent, became subdued and secondary to her need to be cared for.

Gareth was a gentle giant, and none knew it better than Ria. She relished his gentle touch, his rumbly voice, and the gentle kiss on her forehead. While it was her duty to protect him, in that moment, he made her feel safe. He towered over her with the nine inch difference in height, and even with his broad blacksmith’s shoulders, Gareth never seemed to make Ria feel small.

Looking up to him with a small, wry smile, she replied, “The Gaidin would be duty bound to remain with her wearied charge, thus my fate for tomorrow is determined.” She reached up and ran her fingers along his cheek, “And how do you suggest we start with ourselves?”

Bella

Post by Bella » March 27th, 2017, 2:01 am

Sleep.

It was the first word that bounced around in his mind, truth be told. Working with the circle and the highly complex Healing of the Dedicated, after the day in Vaidulo and the emotional toll, had taken a great deal out of him. He felt lucky he was able to keep him falling over on his wife and crushing her in a less pleasant, less marital sort of way.

That's not what he said out loud, of course. One side of his mouth lifted and he laughed softly, more just a staccato release of breath than anything. "I'm beginning to think that my wife had a good plan in the first place. That bath, for example, suddenly sounds ideal to wash the rest of this day from us. But only if she promises to not go too far.

"I don't think my tired heart could handle the distance."

Roan

Post by Roan » March 28th, 2017, 12:59 am

Riahana Ferria Gaidin
Ria raised herself up on her toes and kissed Gareth briefly before lowering herself once again, “You have my word, husband of mine. Just as you doubt your heart could handle the distance, I know mine could not.” She took his hands in her own and started walking backwards, moving them both towards the bedroom and (more importantly) the bath.

“In fact, I am not sure I want to be out of reach at all if it can be helped until we have to see to our duties once again,” Ria admitted, flashing a warm smile. Once the pair were in the room with the bath, she reached up and began to unbutton his Asha’man’s coat, “I know I need not say it, Gareth, but I feel after today. . .” She trailed off and looked down giving a breathy laugh before meeting his eyes again, “I love you, and cherish each day we get to spend together. After today? Grateful beyond measure to have us both healthy and whole.”

Ria slid her hands under the lapels of his jacket and pushed it off of his shoulders. “If the bath was such a good idea, what about the drink?”she asked. “I can see to the bath if you see to the drink?”

Bella

Post by Bella » March 28th, 2017, 5:19 pm

The big man couldn't help but chuckle as he felt the jacket slide back and drop to the floor. He had been out of it enough while working, but was glad to be shed of it again now. He just wanted to bury the whole of the day somewhere far away, and his wife certainly was helping that along. It helped that he knew she felt the same way.

"At this rate, I'm not sure either will be achieved, my love," he teased quietly as his hands found their way around her clothing as well. "I do suppose, however, that reasonably..."

Somehow, "reasonably" didn't sound very appealing. To the Dark One with reasonably, in fact.

Once that was out the window, so were any other thoughts. Gareth's hands abandoned her clothes (for the moment) to grab her face and kiss her, hard. Then those big hands moved to her sides and lifted her up easily. Yellow though he may be, he had never lost that blacksmith's bulk or the strength it came with.

Alive. They were alive. And at that moment, he wanted to remember that fact only. And she was the only one who could help him remember.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik