To Catch One's Breath [attn: Bella/Gareth]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: To Catch One's Breath [attn: Bella/Gareth]

Post by Roan » March 28th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Riahana Ferria
The bath was forgotten for a while, as was much of anything else but being present for one another in a way that was more than a little urgent for both husband and wife. Sometime later, Ria was leaning against him, her bare back against his bare chest, and his arms still firmly wrapped around her with a tangle of sheets wrapped around the pair of them. Leaning her head back against his shoulder, she reveled in the feelings of love and content coming to her through the bond, as they echoed her own feelings in the moment.

It would have been so easy to just put the events of Vaidulo behind them, and as much as the Gaidin wished to do exactly that, she knew better than to let things bottle up for either of them. As was ever the case, her concern was for him. Lazily running fingers up and down the arms he had wrapped around her, Ria let go a content sigh as she shifted a little so she could turn her head to look at him, “I should have asked when you first got in, but how are Elia Sedai and Dedicated Carridus?”

Ria couldn’t imagine how it would be possible to heal the Aes Sedai’s arm, and gave an inward shiver at the memory of seeing it when their party found her and the Dedicated. Her thoughts naturally went to Nate, and the state he was in. . .he didn’t seem human. Perhaps not quite mindless, but close enough to be considered more or less mindless. More beast than man. It was his state that disturbed Ria more than Elia’s, truth be told.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 29th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Gareth's breath rumbled softly in his chest as he worked to catch it once again. Her presence with him, like this, anchored him better to existence than anything else ever could. A part of him just wanted to go to sleep and leave it all behind, yet he was also very aware that they could not just pretend it all had never happened.

When she asked about the others, he made a soft near-grunt noise. "Elisa Sedai is...as well as can be expected. Nothing could be done for her arm, though." He didn't mention the other part, since even with his own wife, that was Elia's business alone to tell people. Until, of course, it could no longer be hidden.

"The Dedicated..." That brought a gusting sigh. "His body is Healed, and his brain. I don't know of his mind." He kissed the top of Ria's head, as if seeking comfort in giving affection. "Like all our minds will need time to heal, and people to listen..."

Roan

Post by Roan » March 30th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Riahana
Lacing her fingers through his, Ria closed her eyes as she listened to his rumbly voice. The events in Vaidulo had taken a toll on both Gaidin and Asha’man. He was right, everyone, including the pair of them, needed time to heal. Guilt weighed heavily on her, but she pushed it aside for now, as he was her primary concern. Events at the village, and then the healings Gareth undertook on his return would have had an impact...how could they not?

Lifting his hand with her own, she kissed his palm before letting it drape across her once more, “Which leads to my next question.” Again she turned to meet his gaze, “How are you holding up, my love? I know we are both weary from the day’s events. I imagine seeing the Dedicated in such a state, and Elia Sedai…”

Ria trailed off for a moment and closed her eyes once more. A person doesn’t always realize the impact a decision they make might have on those around them. Since seeing Terric running back without Elia, Nate and Rheya, she realized she’d put one of her own at a disadvantage. How could she expect him to watch out for three channelers?

In her mind, there was a sort of cascade effect as she once again wondered if sending the Ji’val with Terric could have prevented the tragedy. In which case, her husband wouldn’t be nearly as weary as a result. The realization hit her like a ton of bricks. Cause and effect.

Riahana Ferria Gaidin, Mistress of Arms failed in executing her duty to keep those in her party safe. It could have been so much worse, of that she had no doubt, but it was bad enough as it was. In that moment, Ria felt more vulnerable than she’d had in a long time. She’d asked how her husband was coping, but felt a part of her own self crack.

Swallowing hard to try and force the lump at the back of her throat back down, Ria tightened her grip on his hand. “I...I failed, Gareth,” she admitted in a hoarse whisper.

Bella

Post by Bella » March 31st, 2017, 2:07 am

The large man pulled his wife as close back against him as he could manage without crushing her. She was tough, but he knew his size and strength. Why take chances. He kissed her head and let their hearts beat in time for a little while longer as she felt what she felt, tried to take in what he was able and understand as best he could.

"I know that you will feel what you feel, my love," he rumbled just loud enough to be heard, "but you do yourself nor anyone else any favors to think that way.

"We do not know what the Pattern had in store. Even if you had sent the Ji'val or another Gaidin, who is to say it would have been better? I cannot. We must mourn the dead, and help those who can still be helped. Learn what we can from any mistakes may have been made, and improve upon ourselves in their honor."

Roan

Post by Roan » March 31st, 2017, 9:20 pm

Riahana
Riahana had lost others under her command, and while it was never easy, those instances hadn’t hit her as hard as Vaidulo. The Citadel was hard on those who spent any time out there, and on more than one occasion, Ria’d been involved in an attack where not everyone returned healthy and whole, but there was a clear difference (at least in her mind) between the decision to engage a fist of Trollocs versus what happened in Vaidulo.

Gareth was right, and she knew it in the depth of her soul. Reconciling the feeling of guilt that settled over her with the knowledge that making a different decision may not mean a better outcome was not so simple. Riahana’s duty was to Gareth first and always, then the Tower, and those Channelers that are a part of her party. She thanked the Light he was still healthy and whole. Elia Sedai was not. Dedicated Carridus was not.

Rheya Sedai was not.

A single tear trailed down Ria’s cheek. She reached up to wipe it away and did her best to choke back the rest, “I know you are right, love. Mourn the dead, learn from our mistakes. I’ve done it before, and will do it this time. It’s just that. . .it’s never easy to lose one of your party, but I don’t know that I’ve ever felt so personally responsible as I do this time.”

Bella

Post by Bella » April 2nd, 2017, 11:06 pm

He nodded very slightly. It was a tiny gesture since he didn't want to knock their heads together with it, as close as they were. "I know, love. I can feel it...and I know you are going to feel it. I know you. There is little I can say that will change how you feel, but it was...a terrible situation and there was only terrible outcomes to follow.

"Feel what you feel. Embrace it, don't fight it, and then you can get past it. Don't let it consume you. And I will be here with you the whole time."

Roan

Post by Roan » April 3rd, 2017, 6:08 pm

Riahana
Gareth was perhaps the strongest healer at the Tower, and in Ria’s mind it went well beyond his ability to Heal with the One Power, extending to his gentle demeanor and bedside manner. The two met because of a freak accident where she’d been impaled on a bar after something spooked her horse. The accident, and their first meeting seemed like another lifetime ago, and in some ways, it was.

Ria shuffled to turn so that could drape her arm around his chest and rested her head on his shoulder, “Just knowing you are here with me, supporting me as best as you can is enough, love of mine.”

Just as he could feel the turmoil she felt, so too could she feel his calming presence through their bond. As he wrapped his arms around her after she turned on her side, she all but melted in his embrace.

Safe. She felt absolutely safe. Given her duty to keep him from harm, it was not lost on her that he could make her feel so completely safe when she was at her most vulnerable. Warmth spread through her and she let go a content sigh. The feeling of guilt was still there, but she’d work through it. In that immediate moment, she basked in the warmth she felt and ran a finger idly down her husband’s chest, “I started to ask, but did not give you a chance to answer. . .how are you holding up?”

Bella

Post by Bella » April 3rd, 2017, 10:26 pm

Gareth laughed softly, a rumbling sound so deep that had she not had her head against his chest, she may not have heard it. It wasn't exactly a mirthful sound, but not exactly...not either. He then inhaled deeply, feeling her head move with the rise and fall of his chest, as he stroked her hair and her back.

"I have been better, love," he said. "Concerned for my warder-wife. Perplexed and disturbed by the village in my own right. Thoroughly exhausted after work in the infirmary...but I will mend, and recover. As will we all." He kissed the top of her head.

Roan

Post by Roan » April 6th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Riahana
A small smile found its way to Ria’s lips as Gareth kissed the top of her head. She kissed his chest in return as her fingers traced unseen patterns along his torso. “Your warder-wife will be fine, love. You have my word I will not dwell or wallow, as it serves no one to do so.

“The day’s events are hard to comprehend, and I suspect I would have a hard time believing it if I hadn’t witnessed it. The Amyrlin and M’Hael seemed dubious until I told them of the Dedicated. I would not put money on it, but I am convinced the Amyrlin paled, but I don’t blame her,” Ria spoke just above a whisper.

Propping herself up on her elbow, she studied Gareth’s face, giving a lazy smile as she did, “But enough of that. The exhaustion we can do something about. Do you have the energy for a bath, or would you rather we not leave the bed until the morning comes?”

Bella

Post by Bella » April 7th, 2017, 11:03 am

His eyes and attention, although both starting the flag with remarkable rapidity under the weights and efforts of the day, followed her as she spoke and as she lifted herself up. The thought of the Amyrlin paling did bring the faintest of wry smiles to his lips. He didn't know much of Ninya Evoneigh, but got the impression she could use a little shaking up.

Not that anyone ever said that.

To her question, his big arms--which had fallen aside a little when she lifted herself up--circled her once again. When they put their minds to it, they could wrap fully around her and then some. He pulled her back down and against him with a soft rumble. "Not leaving," he said, just this side of an amused, but earnest, grunt.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik