Green and Red Make...A Mess [Attn: Jaryd Kosari Asha'man]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Green and Red Make...A Mess [Attn: Jaryd Kosari Asha'man]

Post by Bella » March 20th, 2017, 1:36 am

It had only been a handful, a small handful, of days since the formal affair that could only be described as disastrous, and that was if you were being charitable. If the event had been scheduled to clean up one mess, it had failed spectacularly in not only failing to clean the first one up but making many, many more.

Miahala had questions to answer, and then questions to ask. She was part of those looked upon as well as those looking in those first few days in recovery. Hama Valon had been hit as well, and the events at Vaidulo... Well, it wasn't just professionally that she was sorting out things but personally as well, seeing to her family.

Once all of that was seen to, there was something more to be seen to. The death of the ji'val, and how it had come about, was something that needed to be looked into. And she knew just the man who would be doing the looking, which was what brought her to the office of the Master of Soldiers that day to find Jaryd Kosari.

She had no appointment, but she hoped he would be available as she knocked on his door.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: Green and Red Make...A Mess [Attn: Jaryd Kosari Asha'man]

Post by Sunny » March 23rd, 2017, 3:47 am

Jaryd sat on his desk in the Master of Soldiers’ office with one foot crossed over the opposite knee and his head bowed over the sheaf of papers in his lap. Although he held a teacup close to his lips, he had entirely forgotten it as he read and the liquid within had long since gone cold and bitter. He turned the page, humming softly to himself. As tragic as Seira’s death had been and as sobering as it was to contemplate the ease with which the Shadow had ambushed them, he could not deny that his life had become significantly more interesting in the days since.

Being out of favor with both M’Hael and Amyrlin had guaranteed the doors to the Thirteenth Depository remained shut...officially. Unofficially, well...Jaryd looked up from the documents he held, eyes straying to a box on the shelf opposite his perch. The chain in that box and the folder in his lap had one thing in common: their true owners had no idea where they were. With a sardonic smile, the Asha’man returned to his studies. Sometimes the loops and pitfalls of Tower Law were truly ridiculous! How was he supposed to be any help at all when they would not allow him access to the information he needed? Thieving was not a particularly good long term solution, but for now it would have to do.

Something caught his eye and the Red hastily set his teacup down and twisted to grab pen and paper. He had just finished jotting a scrawling note when a knock sounded on his door. Swearing silently, the Red jumped down and hastily went to the cabinets that lined the wall behind his desk. He stowed the book there, then went to the door.

“Ah, Miahala,” he said with an easy smile, waving her in. “I wondered if I might see you soon.” He gestured her to a chair (all of his were practical, but comfortable, in direct contrast to many former holders of his title), then propped himself up on his desk once more. “What can I do for you?” It didn’t exactly take a White to ferret out why the Aes Sedai had come to visit, but he figured it was at least polite to ask.
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Bella

Post by Bella » March 24th, 2017, 2:32 am

The look that flashed through Mia's blue-green eyes and the twist of her her lips as she took her seat told him that she knew exactly how silly that question was. They both knew why the two of them were going to be talking now. She settled into the seat, reflecting that she had actually never had all that much reason to spend time in this office.

"Oh, you know, I wondered what you thought about the weight of coin in Arafel these days; the shift in the weather, seems a bit breezier than it was a few days back; and, well, that horrendous event at the ball..."

She paused and tilted her head a little, favoring him with her keen gaze. "I have no doubt that the death of the Ji'val and the many attacks upon us from all corners, especially that inside the Tower walls, has been forefront on your mind. As I am sure you can equally imagine, it has been much at the forefront of mine.

"It seems to me like there is far more tale to be told on these events, and I would like to at coordinate with one another as we try to discover the truth of it all." It wasn't often that Miahala Sedai came with entreaty, but as much as she was proud, she was not stupid nor callous. And so, here she was.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » March 27th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Jaryd’s mouth spread in a wide grin at the Aes Sedai’s sarcasm, but it faded as she continued. The events of that day were both curious and frightening, although he kept the latter feeling to himself for the most part. As a Red...as the Red…he could do many things that others could not. However, in exchange he gave up the luxury of showing his fear when it came to the Shadow. Most of the time it was an acceptable bargain.

The Asha’man glanced around his office; the evidence of his research was scattered and stacked on every available surface in the large room. It had shifted a bit, order now finding its place in the chaos that Jaren had witnessed a few days prior. He had also taken the time to move the more sensitive documents to his personal quarters -at least, the ones he was not actively studying- but what remained was more than enough to keep a person busy for weeks.

“If I have learned anything over the last few years it is that working with my allies is a generally preferable state of affairs,” he responded at last, his tone profoundly dry. "I think we’ve had enough of bad things happening for the year, don’t you?” He pulled one knee up, draping his arm over it in a posture of casual comfort, his attention already shifting onward.

“You are right,” he continued more seriously. “There is more to be told, it’s just a matter of finding it. The Yellows helpfully informed me that Seira is quite dead and that her arm was likely removed prior to her passing. They couldn’t tell me much more, although they did allow me to take a...shall we call it interesting?...object from her possession to study. I've found some interesting bits about the other events of that day, as well, but- did you have anything specific in mind?”
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » March 28th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Mia listened with more than a hint of morbid amusement about the report from the Yellows. Although she was no healer herself, she thought she'd done a pretty good job of determining that Seira was dead as well...then again, things weren't always what they seemed. The rest of what he said was particularly attention-grabbing.

"At the moment, I have nothing specific, no," she replied easily. "There has been much to see to, after everything. Right now, I'm interested in seeing as much of the lay of the land as I can. I will be speaking with Lysira Gaidin today about the Ji'val, since they worked together for some months now." The poor mute Gaidin had had bad luck with the translators since her return.

Now, the Green leaned forward slightly. "I am, however, quite curious at this moment about what the Yellows gave you that the girl had on her, and what else you've found out so far." She paused. "And if you'd like to come speak with Lysira with me later, you are welcome to."

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » March 30th, 2017, 5:31 am

Speaking to Lysira had been on Jaryd’s list, but having someone to help bridge the gap in both communication and acquaintance was a welcome gift. Kaia had once told him that he spoke as much with his hands as with his mouth, but he suspected that would not be enough to understand the Gaidin’s words. “I would like to accompany you, yes,” he said out loud. “Perhaps the hour before dinner?”

The Red channeled as he spoke, Spirit slicing through the Ward set about a simple wooden box on his desk. He flipped the lid open and retrieved a silver chain on which hung a small gold ring. The ring itself was thin and delicate, cast in one piece with its only decoration a stylized rose. “This is a ter’angreal,” he told the Green. “When I touch it, I get physically sick. I have tried probing it with Spirit- the effect got much worse, and I could not channel reliably for some hours.”

Jaryd hesitated, then held the chain toward the Aes Sedai. “I suspect I have that reaction because it is designed for wielders of saidar,” he said. “If you are willing to link, knowing the risk, I could test that theory and perhaps determine what it does using your power and my Talent."
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » March 31st, 2017, 2:01 am

When he agreed to come speak to Lysira with her and suggested the time, she nodded her agreement. When he brought up the object, however, she shifted all her thoughts towards it. Curious. What would a Ji'val have been doing with a ter'angreal? As if all of this hadn't been perplexing enough...

"Interesting," she said idly, taking the chain and holding it up so that her eyes could rove over the little thing. It would have power to it, and it never ceased to amaze her what power could be in such tiny things. (Which actually made her again think of Lysira, for a moment.)

Physically ill and unable to channel reliably for a time. She knew it was likely, as he said, because it was not designed for his half of the One Power, but since it was the only warnings she would get, she kept them to mind. "I think it would behoove us to know more about what this thing is," she said. She almost made a joke about how if it exploded, she'd come back and haunt him. Or just come back.

For some reason, she chose not to. This time.

"Shall we?"

Miahala didn't link very often. She wasn't really sure why that was, just that it was. She suspected, of course, it had something to do with the fact that her writer was a total doofus about this stuff, but it was only a suspicion. She took a slow, deep breath and then let Saidar into her, taking a moment to enjoy its sweetness--and give Jaryd a moment to prepare--before creating the link between them...

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » April 3rd, 2017, 6:35 am

Well. Jaryd hadn’t expected Miahala to agree to a link so readily. Then again, why wouldn’t she? She had come to him for information and his response had been to dangle a ter’angreal in her face. Positions flipped, he’d be metaphorically climbing the walls with impatience to examine the thing. Amused at his thoughts, the Asha’man put himself on the edge of seizing saidin and waited.

A moment later the Green had passed him control. Jaryd’s eyes slid closed and he inhaled deeply as he straightened, both halves of the One Power pouring through him in a torrent greater than he had dreamed possible. Light, she’s strong. At least as strong as he, the Asha’man thought. Saidar and saidin were as different as fire and water, however; the comparison was tenuous at best. No wonder she doesn’t play by the rules; who would challenge her? He nearly laughed; in that respect they had something very much in common.

The Red reached only for saidar, surrender coming more easily than he had expected. He dared not touch the ter’angreal, but thankfully the flows he intended to use did not require contact. His fingers danced as Spirit and Air wove through the ring. That weave produced nothing, so he tried another. And a third. With that one he got an odd resonance that reminded him of a Ward. Why is that? Thus he lost himself in his investigation, muttering under his breath and completely oblivious to anything but the item in question.

Eventually he sat back, eyebrows drawn together in deep thought. “Seira burned herself out, didn’t she?” he asked. The Green gave him a look, but she nodded affirmation. "Strange. What use would she have for an item that hides a woman’s ability to channel?” He eyed the ring speculatively, duty warring with pragmatism as he waited for the Aes Sedai's response.
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » April 3rd, 2017, 10:20 pm

Mia waited with all the patience that her advanced age afforded her...if just barely. She was just as curious as to why the Ji'val was in possession of an ter'angreal, and she also had always found links to be vaguely disquieting. She wasn't entirely sure why, just that it was and she would be contented when it was over.

However once it was, the questions did nothing to ease any disquiet she felt.

She contemplated, tapping one fingertip on his desk for a moment. "Seira joined the Tower roughly forty years ago after it was discovered that she could channel. Her Tuatha'an caravan brought her here and she signed the Novices books. It wasn't long, however, before she burned herself out. She signed the Drin books to stay, but fell into a deep depression.

"Eventually, she chose to leave and rejoin her family. She came back many years later, but spoke little of where she had been or why she left her family a second time." She paused. "Have you ever heard of someone being Healed in their ability to channel after being burnt out?"

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » April 9th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Jaryd tried to control the shiver that rolled through him, but could not. There had been a time when he hated his ability to channel, and had vowed to never touch saidin again. That time was long past, however, and now the idea of losing the ability to touch the Source forever filled him with horror. Why would anyone who had lost that beauty choose to remain in a place where they would be reminded of it constantly? Unless they somehow managed to get their ability back. But how could that have happened?

“Kaia was Stilled by the White Tower,” he said, and though his words were slower than usual, they stayed steady. “She and I spoke of it occasionally. She said being Stilled is like having your path to your destination cut off by a landslide, while burnout is more like having your destination and the path to it...completely destroyed. She said once ‘you cannot Heal what is not there,’ which seems appropriate.” His voice was bitter and his gaze dropped to his hands for a moment. The terrible scars that marred his skin were enduring physical reminders of that particular Healing restriction.

“We may not be able to do such a thing, but…” he chewed on his lip, then sighed and spit it out. “The Dark One’s power is vast. It is...possible...the Shadow knows something of such matters. It is also possible, however, that Seira simply thought it a pretty necklace and it use is a terribly ironic coincidence.”
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik