Illusions (Attn: Avyra)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Illusions (Attn: Avyra)

Post by Craig » March 18th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Elia Darrow, First Seeker
The sun rose at dawn. Light clouds covered the mid-morning day. Birds chirped from the rooftops of Hama Valon. Bells rang out for the change of classes. It was also the twelfth day after the events in Vaidulo, and Elia didn't understand how the rest of the world was moving on so unaffected.

The Shienaran sat in the morning light by her window, sitting opposite a young Altaran girl. The servant's eyes darted towards Elia's arm every so often. It prickled Elia's mood every time it happened, but she never mustered the will to chide the girl. After all, Elia needed her.

"If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. New line: our utmost condolences, Elia Sedai, etcetera." Elia sat back as the servant wrote out the sister's letter, as she was no longer able to write herself. There were a great deal of things Elia found challenging or impossible now, and as First Seeker, this was one of the most troubling.

Bells struck out in a harmonious procession across the grounds of the Grey Tower.

"Would you like me to send the letter, Aes Sedai?" the servant asked.

"If you could, thank you Merissa." Elia gave the Altaran a smile that never quite reached her eyes.

After Merissa had left, Elia turned thoughtfully to face the door leading to the corridor of the Indigo's halls. She had been eagerly awaiting this meeting for the last few days. The Yellow Ajah had no cures for her plight, but there were other options available to make life easier. Not better options, but options none the less.

When the knock came, Elia was waiting impatiently by the door. She turned the handle with her good hand, then stepped back to allow admittance. "Welcome Avyra, please come in." Elia made her way back across the large room to the window-side table, pulling a chair out for the Accepted before taking her own seat.

When the two women were settled in, Elia began. "I was hoping you would be able to teach me a little about Illusion, Avyra. Specifically anyway to alter one's own appearance."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Re: Illusions (Attn: Avyra)

Post by Avyra » March 21st, 2017, 11:22 pm

Avyra was not expecting to be called to the First Seeker's quarters. She had thought she had messed up, as she usually did, and Elia Sedai was displeased with her. But she hadn't seen Elia in months, and frankly, she didn't know what had happened. So it was... well... incredibly jarring to be called to such a place, to say the least.

But she decided to humor the Aes Sedai with her presense.

She gave a delicate knock, and waited, and it didn't take long for Elia to open the door. "Welcome Avyra, please come in."

Honestly, if it weren't for her voice and her standing up, Avyra would have thought Elia was dead. And even then, there might not be much proof that she wasn't. Her arm was bandaged, her eyes tired and emotionless. She looked beaten, ill. But Avyra did not ask. She wanted to know why she was here.

Elia pulled up a chair for her, then sat herself. "I was hoping you would be able to teach me a little about Illusion, Avyra. Specifically anyway to alter one's own appearance."

Avyra almost choked on her own spit, but managed to keep her composure. "It would... be an honor, Elia Sedai." She managed, trying to keep the shock from her eyes. "I have been trying some illusion disguise myself, for my height. It works rather well, but..." She paused. "If you do not have the talent for it, keeping a disguise will be draining and taxing for you to keep up, Elia Sedai. Especially since I feel your weaves would be more... complex than simple size changes."

Avyra put her hands together. "If you still wish to continue, Elia Sedai, know that I will not be responsible for any damage you accidentally inflict on yourself trying to keep these weaves active for a long time."

She paused, smiling softly, genuinely. "What do you know already? What can you do?"

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » March 22nd, 2017, 1:53 pm

Elia
Her last encounter with the Accepted had not gone to plan, but it seemed like time had smoothed over those difficulties. Elia smiled faintly at the suggestion of causing injury to herself. Not that it wasn't possible, but that it couldn't be anything nearly so bad as what she'd been through already.

As to Avyra's question, the First Seeker found herself feeling a touch lost. "What can I do? Well I..." She frowned thoughtfully before the frown turned into a reticence to answer properly. "I have learned a lot in my time as an Indigo. I am sure I can find a way to replicate anything I see." That definitely strode the line between fact and fiction. With ter'angreal she could probably do anything. What she could do personally was another matter.

Elia didn't wish to show any further weakness. Moving through the novice exercise of blooming like a golden rose, the warmth of saidar filled her. It accentuated the world in its entirety, from the hue of her room's floor tiles to the smell of her tea blossoms from the other side of the room. It also had the unfortunate effect of increasing her awareness to the pain that shot through her whenever she made the smallest motion with her arm. She winced as she brought the arm up to rest on the tabletop.

After the pain had settled, Elia attempted to make a mesh of Air and Water around her withered hand. Attempted, because even in this early stage of her pregnancy, saidar already felt wrong. Weaving used to be like placing the stream of the One Power into pre-dug rivulets. Now it was like balancing water on the top of a rounded stone. The flows moved on their own accord, swaying in and out of place.

The mesh vaguely condensed around her hand but there was no visible change. After a few moments, Elia released the weaves, leaving her with an awkwardness that was considerably foreign. All she could do was smile weakly. "That's the best I've managed so far," she conceded.
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Post by Avyra » March 23rd, 2017, 12:14 am

Avyra watched as Elia attempted, if it could even be called that, to try to mask her arm with a mesh of Air and Water. No, that was completely wrong! Oh dear. The poor lady was in worse shape than Avyra realized.

In fact, Avyra was about to ask what was in it for her, but Elia looked like she'd give anything, anything to mask her arm. It was painful for Avyra to see. It... it almost reminded her of, well, her, on a much greater scale. Avyra did not want Elia's anything. Not from someone so beaten and broken and bruised like she was.

Gently, Avyra reached over and took the Aes Sedai's good hand. "Release saidar," she told her softly, green eyes earnest. "I will teach you what I know." She released Elia's hand, then leaned back in her seat.

"However, you cannot walk without learning to crawl, so I'm going to start by teaching you to create a static illusion, the most basic." Avyra paused, looking around but coming up empty handed. She paused, then put her ring on the table. Her Serpent Ring.

"We are going to turn this into something simple. A box. The first thing you have to know is where to put what weave." She paused, then began to weave Fire and Air. "Weave it into the shape of your box. Then." She paused. "Fill the corners with Spirit. And then Water and Earth for the color and texture, respectively." She paused, letting Elia soak that all in, dropping her weave to let her ring become a ring again. "Now you try, Aes Sedai. Go slowly, if you need to."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » March 27th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Elia
The Accepted's touch seemed to burn like a warming fire as she overlapped her hand on Elia's. She'd had human contact since Vaidulo, but it had all been for medical reasons. This gesture was not, and the voice that accompanied it was heartfelt. Elia's cheeks reddened a touch, although it was a beacon on a face as pale as hers. She smiled into the gesture, and felt a touch of genuine bereftness when Avyra settled back in her chair. A part of her wanted to reason that sense of loss with her releasing the Power, but her ability to deceive herself had waned in recent days.

Elia watched Avyra's weaves with a silent enthusiasm. She had been a model student during her days in white, eager to learn and to thrive. This took her back to those halcyon days, prior to her involvement with Mirin and the Black Ajah. Simpler, happier days, she mused humourlessly.

She opened herself to saidar and started to follow the guidance provided. As before, the One Power seemed slippery to the touch. The box-shaped grid of Air moved slightly, as if it was being observed underwater. Fire helped to solidify the enclosure, but it still tried to jerk free of her grasp. There was no point trying to force saidar to do as she desired, so the Indigo channelled the acceptance that allowed her to hold onto the Source into the task at hand.

The silvery sheen of Spirit began to form in three of the cube's corners. If she had ever borne witness to quicksilver, Elia would have recognised similar patterns in the way her weave developed. Eventually the whole box was enclosed and the weave began to cohere into a singular weave. Beyond the glow of saidar, the box seemed textureless and unnaturally flat. If it weren't for the fact she was actively holding onto the weave, she wouldn't have recognised it for a box. It looked two-dimensional.

"Oh!" She wasn't done. Maintaining a hold on the box, Elia let Water flow into it. She relied on instinct over any form of knowledge to add definition to the illusion. She made her best imitation of creating shadows and highlights, allowing the box to transcend its two-dimensional appearance. It was still a matte grey, but at least it looked like a plausible object.

Elia glanced up from the box towards the Accepted. On the edge of her vision, the box seemed to flatten again. "Is Earth a requirement for the weave?" The Shienaran was not just weak when it came to Earth, but it caused her severe headaches. She would endure them if required, but only if.
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik