New Novice Or Aes Sedi (open rp)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Sheryn
"New Spring"

New Novice Or Aes Sedi (open rp)

Post by Sheryn » March 13th, 2022, 5:14 am

Excela stood at the gates shaking. “Dear light what am I doing here? What am I doing?” She mumbled, a little to loudly people were starting to notice as she walked by. But then that was the point was it not? To get noticed to get in? To walk thew the bloody door.

The Bloody door of the Grey Tower. “Light help me… light help me.”

But so far in all her many months of travel the light had not helped her. Not even once. Exela still had the scrapes and burns and scars of fending of the Children, of fending off her own brothers. She had not meant to hurt them, had not meant to use the one power on them, indeed she had not meant to channel at all. Ever.

Maybe if I ask- explain I don't want it- they will take it away.

But these were Aes Sedi- Dark Friends - they would not pass up a chance grow their numbers no matter the cost. And if they did let her go? What would be the cost? Who would she have to hurt? How fast would they claim her soul.

Exela shuttered, but there was not a single reason or argument she could summon that had not been overruled before by cold logic. The Truth was she could channel, that much had been clear in her father's tent. The truth was she was dangerous, that much had been clear when she had unwittingly killed the young men who had accidently delt her father a death blow by using live steel rather then rattan in their practice. And the truth was her options were The Tower or the Grave at the hands of her brothers. And the Gave belonged to the Dark One. Surly the Creator wanted nothing to do with her now, not now that she was tainted by Sadair.

"Get a handle on this Exela, control yourself. You are no darkfriend - so the pattern must have sent you hear for a reason. Now the Grey tower is full of young woman- and men who have deiced to channal- but they can't all be wicked, not all of them, Yes? They can't be evil enough to be lost utterly to the light. No one is. Maybe you were sent here to help them. Yes this must be it- the Pattern sent you hear to lead them back to the light. That's why you are channeling." She managed, ignoring the dark looks she was feting from passersby's.

Exela ignored them- she often spoke out loud - it was the only way she could think.

There that was it. There was always a logic behind the pattern's devices. And after all had she not come to this summation, every day for the last three months. The Problem was there was always a greater law, a universal constant that had broken down all her attempts to justify her actions, her existence, her very soul- if she even had one at this point.

"Channeling is the mark of the Dark One. The Pattern is the work of the Light. The Light has Rejected you. It has no plans for you. You should go find your brothers and die... the problem is- I do not want to."

OOC: Yes she is wrong about how the pattern works but she's had a strictly white cloak education. Anyone want to find this power tortured teenager and talk her down or at least drag her threw the front door. Also sorry about any typos I might have missed, I have a rather strong learning disability.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: New Novice Or Aes Sedi (open rp)

Post by Bella » March 22nd, 2022, 12:37 am

If the girl heard the soft thunder of hoofbeats coming up behind her, they came up so quickly that there wouldn't be much time to react.

Miahala held up one fist as she used her other hand, holding both reins, to bring her steed--a large, dark brown stallion with coal black mane and tail--to a halt next to the lone girl who was apparently talking to herself. A few folks had passed her, but they were city folk from Hama Valon and had little to offer.

They were not Mia, of course.

Her signal had brought Ravak to a halt beside her, as well as Sadira--who had been riding with her. They gave her a curious look, but it wasn't too curious. Mia had her ways and she always went about them. Husband and daughter were of course used to this.

With the gaze of a hawk, and the strong Saldaean nose to go with it, the Green peered at the girl. "You know the gates do not open by vocal command, I trust," she said. Were her words humor? It was hard to tell. Although she no longer bore the ageless porcelain visage, her face was still unreadable when she chose for it to be that way. "Are you headed into the Tower, child?"

Sheryn
"New Spring"

Post by Sheryn » March 22nd, 2022, 2:16 am

Excela Jumped, spinning around to see the borderlander woman before her. And she was not alone. For serval moments she could do little more then stair and then she saw the ring on the woman's finger and squeaked- loudly. "Please." Her words came out in a rush. "Take it away. I do not want it. If I do not want to channal- then it could hardly do me any harm to be ride of it, yes?"

She drew a deep breath. And drew herself up. Excela must have looked absurd doing that in her rags- she had not bathed in weeks- Excela had been use to bathing in streams and rivers of course- growing up she had spent more time camping with her fathers unit then she had indoors. But with her brothers in constant presute she had had very little time for that either- and almost no soap to boot. Luckly she was as good at frost craft as er brothers, but its hard to outrun seven mounted Children, and she had been ridding her fathers horse so hard she had stolen a new one- on serval occasions. When this whole business was done she had better never venture back southward again. And she could hardly claim she did not deserve the nose on that one. But it would be foolish to go back and hang after committing a crime to stay alive.

Focus "I'll not go to the shadow, and I can't be left alone safely in the company of others now. and I have killed before." Calm. Cool. Controlled. She needed to handle this rationally if she was dealing with and Aes Sedi. Light and Aes Sedi- but she had already shown her hand. "But to answer your question, Yes Aes Sedi- Yes, I am planning to go to the Tower. But just to be rid of Saidar you understand. You can see I am sure how that is in everyone's best interest. You don't need an untrained Channaler causing you trouble with the Children of the Light, Yes? You see you don't need me at all, and I do not wish to be hear. And we can can help one another in that respect. It is the only logical corse of action" inexpiably she ventured a question, "What will the cost of that be do you know? What will your sisters expect of me to be free of it?" She looked at her feet. "I do not want to hurt anyone else with it either."

She glanced at the woman's companions as if looking for some sign from them that this woman might me ok, or honest, or as good as one could be as a witch. For some sign what so ever that there was any Light at all in this place. Some small patch of ground in this woman's heart- or the hart of the one with her- that was not fully overgrown with evil- and indeed if not for the ring she would have thought this a normal light fearing woman- and a helpful one at that. "Surly it dose the Tower no harm if I remain in the light? You don't need me." The last was a whisper- and she trembled as if she had lain down all her cards at a gambling table. The Aes Sedi knew everything now.

Bella

Post by Bella » March 26th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Foolish child, Mia thought with gentle pity.

This was not the first young woman to come through these gates terrified. Not the first wanting to be rid of the ability. Not the first to be heaped upon with misconceptions and misunderstandings about what the Grey Tower was, what Saidar did and could do, and what they all would think and do. She was not the first, nor would she be the last.

Miahala glanced back at the others and they all exchanged a bit of a knowing look, but they said nothing. Instead, the Green took a steadying breath and dismounted. She would not look down upon the girl.

"I am not in fear of the Whitecloaks, child," she said kindly. "They have twisted the truth and miseducated so many young ones like you, have destroyed and killed so many like me. You want to be rid of the One Power but you clearly do not understand it, understand what it does and can do. Many young men and women lose control when they first express the ability.

"You do not know us, so you cannot presume what we are best off with or without. You can learn to control it and use it in beneficial ways, so you should walk through those gates and try to open your mind from the ignorance that others have put into it." Her intense, keen eyes took in the girl before her. "I will take you through the gates and to who you need to see, but you must do so of your free will."

Sheryn
"New Spring"

Post by Sheryn » March 28th, 2022, 6:23 pm

Exela twitched at the world "White Cloaks," but some day these Witches would learn to respect the Children. "My father would not lie to me- and nor would my brothers." She said stiffly. Worse the woman had not really answered her question just steeped around it. As was, she supposed, to be expected of Aes Sedi.

Still if the woman was unable or rather unwilling to help her- it left her back where she was. As for it being her choice well Excela supposed that was true and it always had been. Life or Death- those were her options. And deep down she knew that she had already made up her mind, the minute she had fled northwards.

But if she were to sell herself to the tower- she would need some assurances. "What would be expected of me- if I went in? What would happen to me if I did not do ask they ask? I'll not give myself over to the Shadow, regardless. And I will not hurt innocent people nor help the you dance the world by your strings. Tell what you want. If you can meet those requirements- then I shall follow you in with no struggle."

Light what was she thinking making demands of Aes Sedi- the woman would strike her down on the spot. "I can't do what you want me to," she said more gently," If I am forever worried about what those instructions will do to others. I might hurt other novices in my distraction- so you see- I have to know- what do you plan to do with me?" To Exela's great shame- her voice choked on the last three words- and then tears were flooding her cheeks and her was struggling not to sob.

OCC: Sorry its short

Bella

Post by Bella » April 1st, 2022, 12:09 am

The gentleness fell away and Miahala's face became the impassive, porcelain veneer that it had spent so many decades living as.

"I have spent more years walking upon this earth than you, your father, his father, his father before him and many fathers before that. Know that I know far more than you about what this place is and what we do," she said coolly. It was not affected, nor in aggression nor annoyance. She just saw that being gentle would not break through the bigotry the girl had been raised with.

She lifted her head slightly, tilting, considering. "Walk through those gates and you will be expected to follow our rules. To behave with dignity and respect for yourself, your peers, and your superiors. You will be first taught the most basic of control. You will be expected to learn, truly learn, about what we do.

"You will be taught that such perceptions of us are ignorant at best. We will not ask you to sign yourself to the Shadow. You will be taught to use the One Power against those that would harm the world or the innocents in it. You will be given the tools and the supervision that no one will be harmed in a distraction while you learn. Only willful disregard would cause that.

"We plan to teach you, to expand your horizons and your understandings, until you can go out again into the world informed and independent. Maybe you are not destined to be in our ranks. If so, you will be taught the control you need and released. This is not a pit of evil. We will help you, and encourage you to learn how to help others. That is all."

She turned back to pet her steed's neck, as he began to dance slightly in his agitation. Sensing the undercurrents. She soothed him and glanced back at the girl over her shoulder. "So. What shall it be?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik