Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

Post by Alianora » November 13th, 2020, 11:34 pm

Liaran Sedai
At the question, Liaran looked towards Haeden, unsure how to respond. While they'd spoken of what their wedding might be like, they had not yet made any definite plans that could be shared with Haeden's mother. "We haven't decided when our wedding will be yet," she explained as she looked back towards the other woman. "I don't think either of us wants anything too large or formal, so I don't think it will take long to make the arrangements." Her gaze drifted towards Haeden again, and she smiled as she told him, "Once that's done...I don't see any reason to delay it any further."

Liaran turned back to the table in front of them, taking a drink from her teacup before pulling her hands further into her sleeves. She took a deep breath, trying to forget for the moment that Miahala Sedai was still sitting there, listening to everything she said. Then she looked back at Haeden, doing her best to focus only on him. "I was thinking," she said quietly, "that if you don't mind, we could have the wedding in the gardens, by the lake." She kept her eyes on him as she explained, "It doesn't have to be there, but...it would mean a lot to me to marry you near some source of water." The Aes Sedai fidgeted with the edges of her sleeves. She knew Haeden would understand how important this was to her, but had no idea what his mother would think of this evidence of her origins.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » November 25th, 2020, 7:27 pm

One did not survive to be over two centuries old without being pretty observant, so Miahala didn't miss the way Liaran was fidgeting. Nor did she miss the way Haeden reached out and put his large hand over her dark ones, comforting but economic. Not making a "show" of it in any sort of way. It may have gone unnoticed entirely had someone else been sitting in this chair.

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea," Mia said warmly. "That is a beautiful area of the gardens, and one of Haeden's favorites as well. It would tie you both together beautifully." She even felt herself getting a bit misty at the idea of her son's wedding, thinking back to her other children's occasions and how happy each one had made her. "Are there any customs you'd like to include?"

Admittedly, Liaran would be the first of the Seafolk married into this line, but it was so wide and sprawling, and so intertwined with the Grey Tower, that it didn't bother Mia in the least.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 28th, 2020, 11:20 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran turned her head to look towards Haeden, her expression one of faint surprise. "Is that really one of your favorite places?" she asked him. If he had ever told her this, she did not remember it. "I don't want you to agree to it just because it would please me," she told him. In a serious tone, she continued, "This will be our wedding, not just mine, and I'd like for it to reflect both of us." She gazed at him quietly for a few moments longer before turning again to answer Miahala Sedai's question.

With her eyes on the other woman, Liaran said, "No, there aren't any customs I'd like to include. The water is important to me, but for the most part...I chose to come here, to live as one of you, and have done my best to adapt to your culture." That desire to blend in was why she tried so hard not to draw attention to her hands, why her old jewelry almost never left the box where she kept it. It made her a little nervous to speak so openly to a woman she hardly knew, and Liaran looked back at Haeden, comforted by the feeling of his hand resting over hers. "I don't think our wedding should be an exception to that."

Bella

Post by Bella » December 22nd, 2020, 11:19 pm

The two women were so different in so many ways, Mia reflected as she looked at the two across from her. Mia was old and Liaran was young (comparatively, although Aes Sedai tended to make age a strange thing...) One was fair while the other was dark. One had clung hard to the blood of her homeland while the other purposely distanced from it.

And yet, there was one very big thing that made them alike, and that--to the Green--was the most important part.

"As long as that's your choice and not because you worry about what I or anyone else in our family will think," she said, as ever in her kind but very straightforward sort of way. "If anyone could have shocked my bloodline, I took care of that a long time ago." Humor flickered in her blue-green eyes. "Everything else is easy by comparison to me."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 27th, 2020, 8:46 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran raised her head and looked into the other woman's eyes. Sitting up straight in her place on the sofa, she said, "It is my choice. I knew when I decided to come here that I would need to present myself as an Aes Sedai before anything else I may be." She liked to think that she succeeded in that after her years of practice at it. She wore a faint smile as she allowed herself to think back on her childhood, the traditions she'd always expected she would follow and how very different they were from the plans that were being made now.

The Aes Sedai commented, just a little wistfully, "I did always think that if I married it would be aboard ship, but that was when I was much younger and had not yet thought to leave them." With an affectionate glance in Haeden's direction, Liaran continued, "Now, of course...that would hardly be fair to Haeden, and not possible here. And I would rather marry here at the Grey Tower than anywhere else, because it has become my home." She looked towards Miahala, than back at Haeden as she corrected herself. "Our home."

Bella

Post by Bella » January 8th, 2021, 2:21 am

Haeden squeezed her hand back, while his mother smiled on warmly. "Our home," he agreed.

"I think it sounds perfectly wonderful, and I couldn't be happier for your both," Mia said sincerely. Her normally cool porcelain exterior showed none of that now as she watched on for this happy moment, hoping that she'd put any concern Liaran had at ease about how her future mother-in-law might react. "Do you have any idea when you would like to have this happen?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 16th, 2021, 2:20 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran squeezed Haeden's hand, leaving her hand in his, then she smiled at Miahala. Haeden's mother seemed to be truly interested in their upcoming wedding, which made Liaran feel a little more comfortable talking to her. "We haven't decided when to have it yet," she said. "Though if Haeden agrees to the gardens, we'll probably want to choose a time when the weather is more likely to be nice." She observed to herself that if she had to, she had enough of the Talent to alter the weather herself, but it was hardly something she thought she'd want to be bothered with on her wedding day. She shrugged and continued, "We haven't had time yet for much planning, and honestly I'm not even certain of what needs to be done."

Turning her head towards Haeden, Liaran looked into his green eyes. "What do you think, Haeden?" she asked him. "Do you want to have our wedding by the lake?"

Bella

Post by Bella » February 6th, 2021, 1:31 am

If they both thought about it, they both knew that he'd agree to pretty much anywhere she wanted to hold the ceremony so long as she wanted to have one at all. That was, as she had agreed to take the vows with him, he didn't care where it was. So long as it was them. Still, the lake genuinely sounded like the perfect place.

"I love the idea," he said, smiling at her.

Miahala gave them a moment before chiming in again. "Well, I've planned four weddings for myself and been involved in planning some for my children and other kin. I would love to offer you advice or give you a hand with the preparations."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » March 7th, 2021, 8:42 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran smiled politely at the other woman, but was silent while she contemplated how to respond. She did not want anyone's assistance with the planning, tasks she felt should fall entirely on herself and Haeden, but neither did she want to offend the woman whose family she would be marrying into. Her small smile faded, dark eyes shifting from Miahala to a random spot on the wall while she thought, eventually coming up with a compromise that she hoped would please Haeden's mother.

"I think Haeden and I can handle the planning," Liaran said carefully after some time had passed. Her eyes were back on the Green sister now, though she did not expect to see so much as a hint of the other woman's thoughts. "But if you'd like to help on the actual day...you would be welcome." Whether Miahala would appreciate that, Liaran did not know, and she gave Haeden a quick, nervous glance. Turning her attention back to the other Aes Sedai, she added,"And I'd be glad to hear any advice you might have for us." Liaran wasn't sure she'd take any of it, but felt it could do no harm to listen. She gave the woman another faint smile, making a conscious effort to appear as open and friendly as Miahala seemed to be towards her.

Bella

Post by Bella » March 12th, 2021, 2:14 am

Oh, dear. She'd overwhelmed the poor thing, hadn't she... Mia reined her smile back a bit, as she'd sat on this side of the conversation a couple of times now with various children and even grandchildren or other relatives she happened to be close with. "You're under no obligation, my dear," she assured the woman. "I'm sure you'll both handle it fine, but it can be a big job, so I remain available to you.

"I'd be happy to help on the wedding day, if you have something you need someone else to attend," she went on easily. "After all, you both will have other things to focus on." She finished her tea and set the cup down on the table. "I am very happy for you both, and I wish you both a very happy life together. I was beginning to think no one would catch this one's eye." She sent a teasing glance her son's way, to which he looked away a bit shyly. "You are a very special woman, Liaran. Take care of my son."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik