Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

Post by Alianora » March 14th, 2021, 9:32 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran watched Haeden's mother warily, unable to tell whether her desire to handle her own wedding plans had offended the other woman. The Blue sister sat straight in her chair, sipping at her cooling tea, and though she appeared calm, she did not relax until Miahala Sedai spoke again. Only then did Liaran settle back into her chair with relief.

"We'll be sure to let you know if you're needed," she said quietly. Her expression was serious and attentive as she listened to the other woman speak, remaining so until Haeden's mother asked that Liaran take care of her son. Liaran covered her sudden impulse to laugh at that idea by taking another drink of her tea. When she set the cup back down, however, she was smiling again. "Of course I will, though it's not as if he needs it." She squeezed Haeden's hand absently, but her attention was still directed primarily towards his mother.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 30th, 2021, 9:59 pm

"He's always been very self-sufficient. I suppose he's had to be," Mia said easily. Her warmth was tinged with notes of the bittersweet, mother and son both keenly aware of the long time Haeden hadn't any parent living. It had been him and Sadira against the world, as they used to say. Sometimes, she knew, he'd felt like it was just him.

With her cup set aside, she smoothed her skirts over her legs to give herself a moment to get past those notes. When she looked back up, any trace of the past was gone. "I am sure that you will each take care of each other," she said confidently. "And that's the way it's supposed to be. I appreciate this visit and have enjoyed speaking with you, Liaran. I will not hold any more of your time, however, as I'm sure you have other things you want to be onto aside from dealing with future relatives."

Mia chuckled and got to her feet.

Haeden squeezed Liaran's hand before he got up as well, walking around the table to embrace his mother. "Thank you," he said quietly in her ear. She flashed him a smile as he stepped back. Once he had, she turned to the Blue. The woman rather radiated she wasn't the "hugging" type, so Mia didn't attempt to press it upon her. "I look forward to getting to know you more, dear."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » April 4th, 2021, 1:48 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran's dark eyes remained focused on Miahala Sedai as she listened silently to the other woman's words. Those eyes widened just a little at the insight Haeden's mother showed into their relationship. She blinked and glanced at Haeden with appreciation. That they both looked after each other was one of the things Liaran loved about him, and she hoped he knew that. The Sea Folk woman reached for her teacup, finishing her tea while Miahala Sedai continued to speak. When she looked back up at the other woman, the smile Liaran gave her was faint, but it was real.

The Blue sister set her empty cup on the table before them, letting go of Haeden's hand as he and his mother stood. For the moment, Liaran stayed seated, rising only when Miahala Sedai turned towards her. She observed to herself how strange it was that when she and Haeden were married, she would become part of this woman's family. It was hard for her to imagine, as she had only a distant, rather formal relationship with her own parents, but the warmth Miahala Sedai had shown towards her made Liaran feel that she'd manage to adapt over time.

She nodded shyly and said, "I'm glad we've finally had the chance to meet, and....I look forward to getting to know you as well." While her words were quiet, Liaran meant them.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik