The Meaning of the Colors-attn: Seirian Darilion

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Re: The Meaning of the Colors-attn: Seirian Darilion

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:06 am

Dreyric shifted about in his seat as he received this news. That cinched it for him, he really didn't think that the Grey was for him, and he had known that the Brown wasn't. Not that he thought he was stupid, but one had to really like studying to want to be in that Ajah, and while he understood the need for it, he wasn't the type of individual that relished it either.

He looked down at the book that the Asha'man had in front of him. "Oh! Alright, thank you." He said, reaching out with both of his hands for the book, and if allowed, he picked it up carefully, looking over the title and the name of the author. "I'll be careful with it." He assured him. He'd have to make sure to be, something he wasn't the most responsible with books, already having gotten disciplined once for being rough with a few books and losing a couple more. He nodded than at this, having had a good idea of that. "Yes, that was along the lines of what I thought about the Browns. I'll make sure to keep this information in mind, though." He said, placing the book in his lap so he wouldn't forget it.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:08 am

Serian's eyes seemed to hold humor, as he was not surprised that the other wasn't interested in the Browns. There were certain Ajahs that had very specific trademarks, and guessing who would be drawn to them was easy. He nodded, and passed the book along, the Brown's name was pressed into the cover, along with the title. "Explanations and Histories of the Ajahs of the Grey Tower, from it's forming to," and here it had the date, which was only a few years old. "I've heard she updates and rereleases a copy of this book every five years." He told the other.

"Now, you were also interested in the Indigo Ajah." He said. "That is one that also has quite a bit of studying in it...but not the same sort as the Brown or the Grey. You see, the Indigo Ajaha's," Again, he indicated the banner behind him. "Is interested in the Power itself, more specifically in those rare Talents that can manifest and those items of Power that can be created. We study, experiment, and seek to expand our knowledge. So much has been lost from the Time of Legends....and in recent years many old things, and some new we believe, have begun to emerge. We want to understand it. We want to recreate it, to help not only the Tower, but the world on the whole..."
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:13 am

Dreyric wondered at the expression he saw in the Asha'man's eyes. Was he amused? At least he didn't seem angry, that was a plus. Some of the Asha'men he'd interacted with seemed as though they were agitated by him in some way at times, but so far he hadn't seen it with this individual. He read over the title of the book, and found himself wondering how long it would take him to fully read this. Probably some time, with his attention span. "That must take a lot of time." He murmured thoughtfully.

"Yes." He affirmed that, and then leaned forward to listen, eyebrows furrowing a little when he stated that this Ajah also had studying in it. He looked up at the banner as it was gestured to and stared at it again for a moment. Then he listened to what he said about the Indigo Ajah. "Oh, I understand, so your Ajah focuses on ancient artifacts of power and the way these things can be made. That sounds fascinating." He said with a half smile.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:14 am

He nodded his head. "Yes." He said. "and while that is a large part of our work, that is not all. We also deal with Talents, the study of, and the assistance in growing it and helping the individual with it to adjust and learn to use it. It is a delicate balance. Some wish to immerse themselves in it, and should be counseled that it is an aspect of themselves, not their identity, and some wish to disregard it entirely. That is equally unhealthy, as once again it is a part of themselves, and to deny that is dangerous..."

He paused himself and then gave a soft laugh. "But listen to me prattle on about my own Ajah." He said, shaking his head. "Sadly, we do not have the time to go into advanced details, or I'd talk your ear off like a Brown." He looked down at his notes. "Let's see....Ah, the Blue." He said, looking down. He looked back up after a moment. "The Blue Ajah concerns itself with 'justice'. They take on personal missions for the betterment of mankind as a whole, often opposing cruel leaders or seeking out misdeeds to bring them to be judged. They are another Ajah that spends quite a bit of time out of the Tower. They are also very good at intrigue, and many have an incredibly extensive network of eyes and ears almost anywhere that they have gone. Even if they do not, they are very good at spotting those individuals that have knowledge and are willing to impart it, even if it is for a bit of coin." He did not smile at this, but inside he was amused, as he himself had once served the Master of Spies, Garren Brighteyes, and still worked as his own eyes and ears if the man ever needed it, though he did not so much these passed years.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:15 am

Dreyric took in what he was being told. "So does your Ajah conduct classes about different talents or would it be more like a one to one instruction?" He wondered now, sounding curious about this, but he didn't indicate why he did. Then he nodded at his words. "Yes, some people are like that about varying different things, from what I've seen in my experiences, though they're not exactly broad yet." He responded now.

"Oh, that's alright! I'd like to hear as many personal accounts as I can about the different Ajahs, I think it lends a unique view into them that otherwise I wouldn't be able to see." He assured him, smiling over at him now. Then he went on and mentioned the Blue Ajah. He looked thoughtful at this shared information. That was a noble cause, and one that he felt he wouldn't mind lending himself to. He wasn't sure about the intrigue part, however. He considered himself more of the straight forward type, and often just said the things that he thought, feeling there was no reason not to, even if sometimes the reactions weren't exactly favorable. "It sounds like they would have to be good at squeezing information out without others knowing about it, and if they oppose individuals that could be in power that they believe shouldn't be, I imagine it can be as dangerous as being in the Green Ajah could be, but in a different way." He muttered now, looking at him.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:16 am

"There are some classes, yes." He said, giving a smile. "I'll give you a roster before you leave. And often, if the it seems needed, there are one on one tutoring as well." He peered at the young man, curious if he was interested in this line of work. The Indigo was always looking for bright new minds. He nodded to the other's next comment. "Oh yes, many of the Ajahs live dangerous lives, some in different ways. The Blue is no different, and they do make a fair share of enemies. For the most part people are afraid to go against an Asha'man or Aes Sedai, but there are always exceptions. And that is why Warders are often taken."

"That leaves the Yellow, the White, and the Red." He said, looking down at his notes. "Of course, everyone knows exactly what the Yellows are about. They pursue those they believe are going to be adept at Healing without shame. They are the best of the best when it comes to Healing. In recent years they have begun to work herbs and surgery into it, but there are many that still look askance at such things. A Yellow's life is dedicated to anatomy, sickness, and how to either improve the first or eradicate the second."
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:22 am

Oh thank you, I would like that." Dreyric responded, seeming to find this good news. From what he'd heard so far, he thought probably the Green was still probably most likely, but the Indigo sounded a little promising as well. He didn't think he had the right temperament for the Blue, though he understood the reasoning behind why one would want to be in that Ajah. The urge to right obvious wrongs was a strong one. He believed a more head on approach was optimal personally, though. He nodded at that statement then. "Yes, I can understand that. Do Blues often take Warders?" He wondered then.

"Ah yes, the Yellow. I admire those that feel the calling to be in that Ajah." He said, and it was not a lie, he certainly did. He didn't believe that he would want to be though, he did not so far seem to have a knack with Healing, but it was probably because he just didn't really have it in him, he suspected. "I've heard of using herbs, but surgery? That's got to be still developing, right?" He wondered now, nodding at what he said. "I do have a question about the Red. What do Asha'men that choose the Red focus on? Since that's always been known as an Ajah that doesn't really like men, when it comes to women being in it." He paused, looking a little sheepish, unsure he should have asked such a question, but he was curious.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:23 am

Serian nodded his head. "Many of the Ajahs do." He said. "They are quite helpful, though I've never had one myself. It's rarer in some Ajahs, like the White and the Brown, but more common in the Blue and Green." He smiled at the other's reaction to surgery, partially sharing it himself. It always reminded him of...backwater ways of tending to wounds when there was not a Healer nearby. "Yes, it is." He told the other. "And I am told they are very choosey and careful when it is required. It is...a last choice, sort of thing I suppose."

His smile increased at the question about the Red. "Ah, so you have heard the old stories, hm?" He asked. He nodded his head. "Yes, it is true that the Red Ajah once concerned themselves with Tainted male Channelers, and hunted them down to gentle them," He shuddered, "to keep everyone safe. However, that is no longer their main function. They do not worry so much about men anymore, as the Taint is long cleansed, but in those with the ability to wield the One Power that use it to detrimental ends. They hunt down and take care of wayward Channelers that have allowed their ability to go to their heads, or that use it for sadistic or illegal purposes. Of course, this is only in the Grey Tower. I could not tell you what the White Tower has done... And for a long, long time the Grey tower did not have an eighth Ajah. The formation of the Red within the Grey Tower is relatively new, and many are avoiding it because of old wrongs they committed out of necessity."
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:24 am

He could understand why it would be more common in those two Ajahs. Judging from the explanations he had gotten so far, it seemed that those two had the highest potential for landing in situations where they would need them for their help. "I can see why they would be common in those two Ajahs." He told him then. "Yes, I believe that. One would really have to know anatomy well to be willing to try that." He said then.

"I have Asha'man Darilion." He confirmed now, watching as his smile seemed to get a little larger. He was a little encouraged at this, as it seemed his question had not acquired the other man's ire. That was a good thing. He nodded solemnly at what he said next, looking a little disturbed momentarily himself as he thought about this and how terrible it might be to be gentled. Now that he could (sometimes) touch the Source, he didn't want to imagine how it might be if suddenly he couldn't anymore ever. "May I ask what you might know about the reason it was? And how long ago was it formed?" He wondered now.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:27 am

Serian snorted and nodded his head. "Well, let us both hope we are never in a position that such a thing need be tried." He said, giving the other a small smile. "But, if it ever does, I believe the Yellow will do everything within their power to do it perfectly." At least...he hoped that they would. Really, really hoped. Serian leaned back in his chair, thinking quietly about the other's question. "It's only been a few years." He said after a moment. "And, of course, it is because there are those out there that have abused the Power. It is sad, and horrible to think of, but it is true. Let us leave it at that until you are raised a bit more, hm?"

He smiled to take out any sting of his words. "Of course, that leads us to the final Ajah of the day. The White. Their rather notorious, and I have no doubt that you've heard of what they are like. Cold, calm, and emotionless. The White Ajah values logic over all else. They abstain from worldly knowledge, unlike the Brown, and concern themselves with cold, hard facts. They are the ones that you go to when you need complex equations, or the answer to a difficult question that morals have been getting in the way of. Unlike the other Ajahs, they almost never leave the Tower, preferring to stay among themselves to better refine their views of the world." He leaned forward and said in a conspiratorial manner, "In fact, I've heard that they view being sent on a mission almost as if it is a form of punishment." He chuckled at this softly.
ImageImageImage Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik