The Meaning of the Colors-attn: Seirian Darilion

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

The Meaning of the Colors-attn: Seirian Darilion

Post by -RJ- » March 6th, 2020, 1:43 am

The dark brown haired young man headed down the hall and looked furtively back and forth before approaching the door of the right room and he knocked on the door. He had received a summons to come to this room, in about five minutes. He had learned from his last meeting with an Asha'man not to be late if he knew what was good for him. In class they had been discussing the different Ajahs, what they focus on and were told to put some thought into what Ajah might be best for them, when and if they managed to get that far. He wasn't sure if everyone from the class had gotten an invitation from an Asha'man to discuss this or not, and he'd been a little surprised when he had, but he thought it couldn't hurt to go. He could use some advice about the different Ajahs, as he was a little torn about which one might suit him the best.

"Asha'man Seirian Darilion?" He asked as he reached out in an attempt to open the door of the room. If his attempt was successful, he stepped forward, sending a curious look to the room beyond and anyone that might be in the room. "It is Soldier Dreyric Briouse, answering your summons." He explained himself, as he didn't want there to be any confusion about why he might be here. He hadn't heard much about this Asha'man, so he had no idea what to expect, so he was a little on guard. Not overly so, because it just wasn't in his nature, but there was a slightly cautious look in his dark green eyes.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Re: The Meaning of the Colors-attn: Seirian Darilion

Post by Eve » March 8th, 2020, 6:23 am

The room that the young man stepped into was well furnished in dark woods. The carpet was wine colored, and a purple banner was draped over one wall. Though the furnishings were obviously well made, they did not scream wealth, despite the fact that the man that owned this room had such things. He preferred well made and steady to gaudy. There was a few oil burners on the wall and one lamp on the table. The sash and the window was thrown open to let in light and air, and a man with dark hair, shoulder length hair parted in the middle sat at the large wooden desk. The desk was old and well worn, but still gleamed with a fresh polish. The man’s blue eyes watched the younger man as he stepped into the room.

“Greetings, Soldier Dreyric.” He said, rising from the table, where he had been writing. He had gently placed a blotting cloth over the fresh ink before he had risen, and he approached the younger man with an easy air of capability. “It is good that you are on time, though I do suggest that next time you knock before entering a stranger’s room.” He smiled to let the sting in his words ease. His accent would be familiar to the man. Very familiar, actually. Saldean, like the other, he had the rather typical larger nose and darker features. He held out a hand to shake, a gesture surprising coming from a higher member of the Tower. “Come, sit. I have been told you are in need of lessons on the different Ajahs.”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » March 18th, 2020, 12:32 am

The door opened and he did indeed move into the room. He kept a careful eye out, as he felt it was prudent to be alert at all times, something he was slowly beginning to learn being here at the Grey Tower. He glanced down for a second, noticing the dark red colored carpet and the purple banner on the wall was something that would easily attract one's attention. It appeared as if the carpenter that had made the things that went into this room knew what he'd been doing, that was the thought that occurred to Dreyric then. The window was open and there was plenty of light in the room. He turned his head and saw the man sitting at the large desk in the room that had some years on it, but it shone nonetheless.

A slight smile shifted over his lips as he was greeted, and he responded, "Greetings Asha'man Darilion." He turned a bit so he'd be facing the other as he approached him. He looked a little abashed when the man pointed out that he probably should have knocked before entering the room. "Sorry about that!" He replied, and then he took note that at least he was still smiling and didn't appear to be angry. His green eyes then shifted over the other and he took note of his features and of course, his voice, which had caused him to want to take a closer look at the other. A look of surprise and familiarity, even though he didn't know the man, crossed the young man's face as he was offered a hand to shake. He stuck out his own and shook the offered hand with excitement that he tried to mute somewhat. He didn't want to be accused of conduct that might not be proper. "Yes, that's right." He responded, and after he'd finished shaking his hand happily, he released it and looked for somewhere to sit. "I didn't know you were from Saldea!" He then said, watching him.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 5th, 2020, 4:58 am

Serian’s face eased into a rather pleasant smile of a teacher to a student they were fond of. He nodded his head. “That I am.” He said as he regained his chair after their shake. He gestured to a chair in front of his desk that the other could sit at. “Born and bred, and lived most of my life there, until I found out I could channel.” He waved that line of thought away. “It’s surprising, isn’t it, how a familiar accent can put one at ease.” He smiled and chuckled at this, watching the other man.

Steepling his fingers before his mouth, he leaned forward. “As you know, there are eight Ajahs of the Grey Tower, as opposed to the seven the White Tower possesses. We have the Indigo,” He said, gesturing at the large purple banner behind him, and touching his own chest to indicate that was what he was. “Whereas the White does not. Each Ajah, while working to make sure that the Grey Tower and the world beyond is safe, has their own goals and their own way of going about that mission. There are the Blue, Green, Yellow, Indigo, White, Grey, Brown, and Red Ajahs. Are there any of them that you are curious about? We could start there.”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 7th, 2020, 3:39 am

Dreyric watched him carefully and noticed the way he gestured to the chair that was in front of his desk. He assumed that seat was for him, so he went ahead and sat there, and then gazed over at Serian, his expression slightly guarded but he also was smiling. Really, one could put up barriers only so high after finding out that they had a homeland in common. At least, it was that way for him. "So how old were you when you found out?" He wondered, and then worried slightly that he shouldn't have asked such a personal question, but well, there was no way he could take it back now.

He was quiet then and nodded again when the man leaned forward. "Yes, Asha'man Darilion." He answered, eyes shifting to the banner behind the desk and then back to the one speaking to him. While he knew what each different Ajah was called, his knowledge of them ended basically there, besides the stories he'd heard, and he didn't know if any of those were even true. "Well, I know I'd like to know more about Green, Grey and Indigo for sure." He responded after a small pause to think about how to answer the question.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 7th, 2020, 4:56 am

“Same as most,” He said. “Around eighteen. If you’re not found out before then, you start to show signs by then. Maybe later I’ll tell you about it, but I’m sure you’ll find it rather dull. There were no accidents on my part. But that is not what today is for. Today is for your learning.” He smiled softly, showing that the other was not in any sort of trouble.

“Well then..” He said, nodding his head. “Since it was the first you mentioned, and a rather popular one, we’ll start with the Green.” He leaned back in his chair. “The Green Ajah, also known as the ‘Battle’ Ajah prioritize offensive might over politics or logistics. They are some of the best warriors, and the ones most likely to take a Warder…or more than one. The Green look for those efficient in both weaponry and Battle Weaves, and often are the ones sent out into the Blight to push it back. When the Northern Territories call on us for assistance, it is to them that they look.” He paused, and then added. “If you decide to go the way of the Green, I would suggest spending a fair amount of time in the training yards and the channeling grounds, honing yourself and your skills.”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:00 am

The dark green eyed male nodded at this, paying close attention to what Serian said. "Well, I don't know about that. I wouldn't mind hearing about it." Dreyric commented now. He was just excited to find another individual that came from the same country as he did and he wanted to hear how things had been for him, but such things could wait.

"Okay!" He responded, appearing to be pleased they were starting with discussing the Green, as that was the one he was thinking about the most. He was quiet then as he listened to what the other said. An eager look shifted over his face as he continued to speak and it was obvious he was quite excited about this particular facet of conversation. "Yes, I've already been in the training grounds a few times, and I've been in the channeling grounds once, too." He responded, giving a nod.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:01 am

"Very good." He said, nodding his head. "I have always believed that a Channeler is just as apt with a weapon as anyone else. There is no reason you should not be able to protect yourself, and there are many times that Channeling is not the answer, no matter what some think." He pondered this for a moment, and then added. "Even if you do not go the way of the Green, I urge you to continue your training. It is best to have it and never need to use it, after all..."

"Next on your list is the Grey." He went on, thinking for a moment. "The Grey Ajah are...the mediators. They study law and politics for the most part, and always strive to find the best possible solution to a problem. To be a Grey you must be dedicated to justice, though in a lawful way. A Grey in another country, for instance, would be very aware of the local laws and regard them accordingly. They are often called on to be judges, or to assist nations seeking treaties with other nations. Because of this, many Greys spend a large portion of their time outside of the Tower, traveling to where they are called or feel they are most needed."
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » May 27th, 2020, 5:03 am

Dreyric also nodded at that. "Yes, I already have some sword skills and I want to improve upon them. Personally, I feel that just because I can access the Source doesn't mean that I should not be adept at handling a sword. I will definitely continue my sword training, Asha'man Darilion." He responded, and he had a feeling that he would be the most likely to choose that Ajah, but he was still open about hearing about others, so he was quiet for the time being.

He nodded in agreement at his next statement and then leaned forward as he continued to listen. There was a bit of a wrinkle in the bridge of his nose as he went on now to explain more about the Grey Ajah to him. He'd.. never been much of a mediator himself, usually choosing to finish started fights, or in some instances, even start them if he felt he needed to. He nodded slowly at this, not really showing much of a reaction with his face as this was explained. "So a large amount of their time would have to be spent studying, correct? I mean, to be able to be familiar with so many different laws.."
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 27th, 2020, 5:05 am

Serian nodded his head. "Oh yes." He said. "They study as much as the Brown, though on a more focused subject material, of course." He said, giving the other a small smile. "In fact, many do not leave the Tower the first time for over a decade, researching, learning, and committing to memory the myriad of facts on the various subjects they wish to assist with."

"Speaking of the Brown," He went on indicating the book in front of him. "A Brown sister wrote this. It goes much more indepth into the Ajahs than you or I will cover today, and I wish you to take it with you when you go. Do take care of it, and return it to the library when you are finished. I took the liberty of letting the Browns know you would have it." He smiled, slipping into the third Ajah from this jump off point. "The Browns are the most knowledgeable of all the Ajahs. Their love is the pursuit of intellect itself, and they spend all of their time studying. I suggest, if you ever need some obscure piece of information, you pick a Brown's mind, as they are eager for the chance to discuss their passions to someone."
ImageImageImage Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik