Learning to Dance [attn: Bella and Andraste]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Learning to Dance [attn: Bella and Andraste]

Post by Roan » July 19th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Bastian
How often had Bastian heard that dancing and fighting were two sides of a coin? He remained sceptical. Sure, the footwork in dancing is just as important as footwork in fighting, but rarely did one get to set eyes on a beautiful opponent as one did when dancing. Such thoughts did not favour the Ji’val, as he jumbled his steps and nearly tripped. Fortunately, the Aes Sedai was polite enough to remind him of the steps. He wasn’t sure how polite she might be if she knew what he’d been thinking.

Focus, Bas. What did I say about focus?

After one or two stumbles, the steps started to come a bit more naturally to the large Ji’val. As with learning to fight, it meant it was time to learn complexities to the patten. The first one, where the woman turned out to be shoulder to shoulder to him was easy enough. The second one where Bastian had to turn his dance partner was a bit more complex, though much of the work fell to the woman.

The Aes Sedai had them practice both moves until they felt more natural to Bastian and Andraste wasn’t guiding his hand as much. Again, he quirked his lips in a smirk, “Why do I feel like I tend to stand around like a post while the fancy footwork falls to the beautiful dance partner?”

Really? Could you have been any more transparent? What happened to focus?

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 20th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Andraste was patient, because she knew that dancing was not something easily learned, especially when you started learning later on in your life. She had been given lessons since she was very young and that made it easier on her, but even so, there had still been quite the learning curve and plenty of stumbling.

Of course, when he said 'beautiful dance partner,' she almost stumbled herself, but her personal and Aes Sedai-learned grace kept her from doing so, and from revealing it as she simply smiled politely.

"It has been said that a dance like this has the man as the frame, and the woman as the picture. So, much of the detail work and the focus does fall to the woman you're dancing with, but it's up to you to make sure she's supported and framed well to do so," she explained warmly, then directed him to practice the steps a little longer before stopping them.

She nodded to the Accepted that she could go, since there was a class to get to. Then Andra turned to Bastian. "You did very well for your first lesson."

Roan

Post by Roan » July 21st, 2018, 8:30 pm

Bastian
Bastian watched as the Accepted left the room. Alone at last?

Don’t be daft. She’s an Aes Sedai, I’m a Ji’val, and . . . besides, she’s well out of my league.

You’re right about that last one, but that doesn’t mean she wouldn’t be interested. I mean, she did provide you with private dance lessons.

She offered me and Beron private dance lessons, I’m nothing special to her.

I’m guessing you’re wrong about that. . .there’s something in how she looks at you. . .me. . .us.

Bastian’s lips twitched into a smirk as he looked to the Red Aes Sedai, “Well, you did say it was similar to fighting.” He reached up and scratched at his chin before stroking his beard, “Though. . . I can say without hesitation, I’d much rather participate in a dance with someone as lovely as you over fighting. Not to say I wouldn’t fight if I must, but the world needs more dancing and less fighting.”

Light, man. . . what dribble is that? Honestly, you act like a teenager who’s never been in love.

Yes but. . .have you seen her? I mean look at her.

And what of the other full rank in your life?

She’s beautiful too, but. . .

But they are both fully raised and you but a Ji’val. Out of your league.

Pushing his conscience to the back of his mind, Bastian gave a wry but warm smile and looked down, “Forgive me, Aes Sedai. I do not intend to be disrespectful, and shouldn’t have been so forward. I forget my place.”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 23rd, 2018, 12:35 am

"It's quite alright," she said, warmly and smoothly. She set aside whatever she thought or felt about what he had said. It was simply inappropriate at this time and place. "We must speak our peace at times. I also think that you are quite right. The world does need more dancing and less fighting."

She tilted her head slightly, her dark-eyed gaze solidly on him. "I trust you feel comfortable enough to proceed to another lesson in the upcoming days?"

Roan

Post by Roan » July 23rd, 2018, 3:00 am

Bastian
The Ji’val let go a soft sigh of relief when Andraste didn’t take offense to what he’d said, or reprimand him for being quite so forward. His eyes lingered on hers, and part of him realized he was staring. He cleared his throat and laughed softly, “Thank you, Andraste Sedai. You are a wonderful teacher, and incredibly patient.”

It turned out Bastian didn’t have two left feet, which surprised him in many ways. He looked to the piano for a moment before returning his gaze back to Andra, “I have to admit, I rather enjoyed myself and found I enjoy dancing. You have certainly helped make me feel comfortable enough to continue with at least another lesson.” He widened his warm smile, “In fact, I am rather looking forward to it.”

I wonder if Lysira dances. . .I wonder if she would want to dance with me? Though. . .any chance of dancing with her while as a Ji’val? Not very likely. At least I’ve got the lessons to look forward to, but light how much longer before I get raised?

Bastian took a step back before bowing to Andra, “This has been an absolute pleasure, Andraste Sedai. As I’ve already said, thank you.”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik