A life she never expected (Attn:Bella)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Adanys
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Avalan Mond'wil
SC: Mandira Cantlin

Re: A life she never expected (Attn:Bella)

Post by Adanys » June 21st, 2018, 2:22 pm

Mandira
Somewhere through the haze of grief and tears, Mandi was aware of Isla kneeling beside her. Then awareness of her surroundings came back to her. She was kneeling in a hallway, sobbing like her world was coming to an end. This would not do. With practiced ease, she shoved the sorrow away and her sobs abated. She sniffed and dug a handkerchief from her pocket, wiping her eyes.

She raised her head and looked at Isla. "I'm sorry you had to see that, I didn't mean to go off on you like that. It's just been a long, exhausting day," she said, with emphasis on exhausting. "The loss isn't new, I guess the weariness just overwhelmed me and I was caught off guard." She pushed herself to her feet.

"You were sent to show me around the Tower, not console me, I apologize again." Mandi forced herself to leave it at that, though she felt like crawling into a hole and apologizing for being a bother. Back home, she'd lived in her own bubble, made as little noise as possible, and was left alone. Nora and her family hadn't known what to do with a grieving 20 year old orphan, so she'd learned to grieve in silence and tried to cry never. They'd been spared her tears and having to try to console her, and she'd been left alone.

"Should we resume the tour then?" she asked, making her voice pleasant.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » June 29th, 2018, 2:46 am

OOC: OMG how did I not reply to this? I am the worst!
Isla almost felt the need to go to the infirmary and have her neck checked for it being snapped back and forth too hard. She stood and looked at the girl for a moment--realizing that she wasn't a girl at all--and just nodded slowly. After all, she knew what it was like to suffer pain that did not wish to be shared.

"Yes," she said, managing a faint smile and bow of her head. "No reason to apologize. We will simply continue on our way so that you know the lay of the land in your new home." Gesturing in the direction they'd take, she began walking again, though not without some nervousness that the woman could collapse again at any moment.

Adanys
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Avalan Mond'wil
SC: Mandira Cantlin

Post by Adanys » July 10th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Mandira
Mandi felt a pang of guilt in her chest. She knew her behavior must have startled and confused the other woman. Light, she'd even startled herself somewhat with that meltdown. But, as she did with everything else, she pushed it aside. She wasn't ready to reveal herself - any more than she already had - to a stranger.

Mandi forced her spine erect and her chin high, and followed the Accepted through the rest of the tour. She asked questions when she had them, and commented here and there, but other than that she remained silent. She was ashamed of herself and certain that Isla was eager to be on her way.

As the tour ended Mandi curtseyed as best she could. She forced herself not to apologize again, and instead just thanked the other woman. "Thank you for showing me around. It's helped curb my nerves a little, getting a feel for the place." She bid Isla farewell then slipped into her room, already dreaming of resting her head on the pillow.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik