Old Habits Die Hard [Attn: Alianora/Liaran]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Old Habits Die Hard [Attn: Alianora/Liaran]

Post by Bella » June 1st, 2018, 11:53 pm

Now, Sadira knew that she and Haeden were both too old--particularly her--for her to act like the big sister, psuedo-mother that she had once been. But... Well...

She was doing it anyways.

Sadi really didn't aim to be nosy, or to interfere in her little brother's life, but recent visits with him had revealed to her a certain...preoccupation, of a sort, and she couldn't help but be curious. When all was said and done, it didn't matter how many years or even decades passed, she loved him almost like he had been her child.

The Blue had raised him from the age of eleven, and seen him through one of the hardest times of his life. For a while, they were all each other had. She couldn't help but be protective.

And thus so it was that Sadira Sedai found herself in the common room of the Blue Ajah, the small foyer-esque space tucked away in a section of the Blue Ajah Halls. And as luck would have it--as well as something of a spy in the servants' area--she found the woman that she was looking for.

"Good afternoon," Sadi greeted Liaran with a small but friendly smile, moving to the side table where a pot of tea was kept and regularly refreshed by servants, though left to the channelers to heat for themselves. "Liaran Sedai, yes?" Since she only knew the other Blue in passing, she thought to ask politely and be sure.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Old Habits Die Hard [Attn: Alianora/Liaran]

Post by Alianora » June 3rd, 2018, 12:19 am

Liaran Sedai
Seated on a couch, Liaran watched Felina's back as the other woman disappeared through the door to one of the Blue Ajah's common rooms. She couldn't help wondering what had made the other Blue decide to take on novice classes. She'd spent most of the last bell patiently listening to Felina complain about her students, and though she'd tried to offer advice, Liaran had the sinking feeling that Felina had never actually intended to follow any of it. The Aes Sedai shook her head in frustration, and considered whether she wanted to return to her rooms.

She might have done so if a recent arrival to the room hadn't appeared to be heading directly towards her. The black haired woman looked vaguely familiar, as most of the Ajah were to her, but Liaran couldn't quite remember her name, if she knew it. As she drew closer, Liaran returned the friendly smile she offered. Her tattooed hands withdrew into the sleeves of her blouse until only her fingers were visible.

"Yes, I'm Liaran Sedai," she said in response to the other woman's question. Her own nearly black eyes met the other's bright blue ones. "I've seen you in the halls before," she said, "but I don't believe we've met."

Bella

Post by Bella » June 5th, 2018, 1:31 am

"Not properly, no," Sadira agreed with a small but sincerely warm smile. Her expressions were economical in their energy spent, as she had learned over the many decades. "But I know most everyone in the Ajah by now at least a little, so long have I walked these halls." Barely constrained amusement danced in those eyes. "Tea?" she offered as she poured one for herself.

That settled, she carried her tea to the chair next to the sofa where Liaran sat. "I'm Sadira Jolstraer," she introduced herself, settling back in her chair with the comfort of someone who belonged there. She hadn't always felt so at ease, but she'd earned it over time. "I believe that you are acquainted with my brother Haeden."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 5th, 2018, 10:00 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran looked at the teapot instead of the other Blue, reminding herself that it was very unlikely that the woman meant her any harm. She knew it was silly of her, but since her kidnapping, Liaran hadn't been able to force herself to drink tea unless she'd made it herself. It was one of the many small issues she'd have to address over time, but today was not that time. She shook her head, wearing a polite smile as she did. "No, thank you," she said quietly. Her eyes followed the other woman as she took a seat in a nearby chair.

As soon as Sadira introduced herself, Liaran knew who she was talking to. Sadira...that's Haeden's sister's name. She smiled again and nodded, looking up at the other Blue. "I consider your brother a friend," she said. Sadira couldn't know it, but that distinction was important to Liaran. She had plenty of friendly acquaintances, but those she called friends were far fewer, and Haeden was one of them.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 8th, 2018, 2:24 am

The elder Aes Sedai smiled, a small smile but a warm one, as she lifted her cup to her lips and took a slow sip. She considered the woman before her, not in any sort of appraisal but just coming to know her. Haeden had spoken more of this woman than any other she could recall in many years, and that had her curious.

"I'm pleased to hear that," she said easily as she lowered her cup. "My brother tells me that I'm too much of a worrier, but I know that he's struggled sometimes to get out of the Yards enough to make friends. I'm glad to know he's found one in you, and I know he considers you a friend as well."

Anything further on that, she kept in her own thoughts.

She went on, "I'm sorry I've been so remiss in introducing myself before. I like to know my fellow Blues as much as I'm able, though I am sometimes delayed in doing so."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 9th, 2018, 11:57 pm

Liaran Sedai
Nothing Sadira said was much of a surprise to Liaran, since it was information Haeden had previously shared with her. The apology for not introducing herself however, did startle Liaran, even if she didn't show it. She nodded politely, wondering why the other Blue had come over to talk to her. Her hands rested in her lap, still mostly hidden by her sleeves.

Liaran was quiet for a while before responding. "Don't apologize," she said, not sure why Sadira would feel any sort of obligation to know her. She certainly couldn't claim to know everyone in the Ajah, and didn't expect she would. There was another long pause before Liaran added, "I've been rather busy lately, and haven't been very present among the Ajah, so you couldn't be expected to have met me." She was pleased with that statement, every part of it as true as if she had been Oathbound while not revealing any details that Liaran wished to avoid.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 13th, 2018, 1:20 am

"Fair enough," Sadira said with a small bow of her head. "Even so, having been a member of the Blue for quite so long as I have..." Her lips curved up in a wry half-smile. "...I pride myself on knowing the members of it, even before and after serving a tenure as the First Selector. I suppose one could say I've been a Blue since birth, given my father was of the Ajah."

She wondered how much of their complex family tree Haeden had shared with her. His half-sister knew that he could be rather close-mouthed about things, but she also knew he was...feeling something towards this unassuming Blue Sister that she had not seen in him for a long time. If ever. That made her wonder.

So, as was her nature, Sadi chose a more blunt tact.

"I don't know if Haeden has mentioned that while we share a mother, we do not share a father. Although one could say that we both followed in our fathers' footsteps--I into the Blue Halls and he into the Warder Yards. Though he has yet to bond, while his father was bonded twice."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 14th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran listened politely, nodding at appropriate times while Sadira talked. She wasn't quite sure why the other woman felt the need to tell her that she and Haeden had different fathers. To Liaran, it didn't seem important. She did know that Haeden and Sadira were close, and didn't think she needed to know more than that. Liaran shifted slightly on the couch, sitting up straighter and crossing one leg over the other. She suddenly felt a little nervous. It had never been easy for her to talk to people she didn't know well, and this conversation was no exception.

It did not help at all when Sadira moved on to mention the Warder bond, something Liaran had rarely thought of until fairly recently. She had once thought it sounded terrible to be linked so permanently to another person. Though she no longer felt so strongly against it, she was still far from certain that she'd ever wish to have a Warder herself. Liaran shrugged at Sadira's comment, saying, "I've never had a Warder, so I can't say much about that." What she left unsaid, and tried to avoid thinking about, was how her growing friendship with Haeden was largely responsible for her slowly changing feelings about the bond.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 15th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Sadira watched Liaran while they each spoke, working carefully to make it not look like she was doing so. She had a feeling she was already unsettling the younger Aes Sedai by her overly friendly conversation, so she was cautious about pushing it too far. Sadi would talk for a little while longer, she determined, but then leave if Liaran still seemed uneasy.

But she wanted to have an idea of her first.

"I've been bonded twice," Sadi said. After all, this was pretty widespread knowledge and not at all private. "Only one in the past tense. There are certainly many benefits to the arrangement, and particularly for most Gaidin, it is what they spend their lives training for, ultimately. While not all of them actually bond, it is still considered the ultimate goal."

She waved one hand slightly before returning it to her teacup. "My brother tries to convince others, and himself, that he is perfectly contented just being a training Gaidin, but I know it's something he wishes for." She took a long sip of her tea.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 17th, 2018, 12:46 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran's head was up, still turned towards Sadira, but the Aes Sedai's eyes flickered downwards. The Warder bond was something that had been occupying her thoughts recently, but she had never shared those thoughts with anyone. She did not think she wanted to discuss them with a woman she didn't know, even a fellow Blue who happened to be Haeden's sister. She clasped her hands together in her lap, forcing herself to stay still and not display how uncomfortable she was with this whole conversation. Even worse than the idea of sharing her own thoughts about the bond was listening to Sadira share information about Haeden that Liaran believed she should not know unless the Gaidin himself chose to tell her. Liaran blinked in surprise at that, still not looking at the other Blue.

The entire conversation made Liaran feel as though she and Sadira were talking about Haeden behind his back, which wasn't something Liaran wished to do. She doubted the sister he spoke so highly of intended that, but it still made Liaran feel uneasy. Why is she telling me this? She said nothing to Sadira while she considered how to turn the topic of discussion away from Haeden's personal life.

"If he wants it, then I hope he finds the right bondmate," she commented while she thought. That person certainly won't be me. The thought made her feel vaguely sad, and then confused by the emotion. Haeden was a friend, that was all. She could never ask any more from him than he'd already given her. Liaran blinked again, trying to force Haeden from her thoughts, and finally came up with something to say. She looked back at Sadira to address her. "You said you have a Warder, but...Haeden has spoken of you a little, and he mentioned that you know how to defend yourself with the sword. I wouldn't think you'd need a Warder for protection."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik