Old Habits Die Hard [Attn: Alianora/Liaran]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Old Habits Die Hard [Attn: Alianora/Liaran]

Post by Bella » June 18th, 2018, 1:57 am

Sadira took in everything that was said, and what wasn't said. She took it in, pondered it, and determined to revisit it all later. Liaran seemed very uncomfortable and Sadi further decided that she would not remain for much longer. When the topic was changed, slightly, Sadi flowed with it easily.

"No, not entirely," she agreed. "I was without a warder for a great many years after the death of Scerai, my first warder." That was as much regarding the depth of that relationship that she was going to admit. "I'm no blademaster, but I can take care of myself. Still..." She paused thoughtfully, picking her words particularly carefully. "However...

"No one is an island, it is said." A faint wry smile flickered over her lips at using that particular phrase with this particular woman. "We are not creatures meant to be alone, and everyone--especially channelers--can always use someone to help us. To watch our backs. To provide support, especially should we ever be caught in a situation we can't channel.

"While I wouldn't bond with just anyone, when I found the right person, I wasn't going to say no." She finished her tea and set the cup aside, considering the moment. "I hope that my conversation has not been too disruptive for your day. I won't linger long and will let you back about your business."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » June 20th, 2018, 12:16 am

Liaran Sedai
How do you know when you've found the right person?

The question floated within Liaran's mind, though she had no intention of actually speaking those words. She doubted anyone else could answer it for her even if she did. Liaran's head turned to look across the room and away from Sadira. She frowned slightly to herself as she tried to force herself not to think about that question, and why she felt the need for an answer to it. When she thought she'd managed well enough, she turned back to the other Blue.

"You aren't bothering me," she said to Sadira with a shrug. "I just have a lot on my mind right now." Much of that was the direct result of various comments the other Blue had made, and Liaran thought it would take her some time to work through it all. She did not hold Sadira responsible for that. Turning her head back towards the other woman, Liaran smiled shyly. "I've always thought the bond seemed....overwhelming," she commented. "I'd think it would be very difficult to constantly have that awareness of another person." If she were being entirely honest, Liaran would have said she found the thought of it almost frightening.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 20th, 2018, 1:22 am

Sadira offered a small but sincere sympathetic smile. Liaran's concern about the bond wasn't really that uncommon, since almost anyone who was told that they'd have someone else stuffed into their mind would feel that way. Sadira had an easier time of that, having witnessed the bond close up and in action with her mother.

"It can be a little overwhelming at first, especially if you've never bonded before," Sadi said honestly. The Oaths made it so, but she would've been in as much earnest even without them. She was not an Aes Sedai bred for Daes Dae'mar, but for blunt-object tactics, taking after both her parents too much. "But you actually acclimate rather quickly.

"A good pair bond makes that presence within your mind almost comforting. It becomes muted, like getting used to wearing a new piece of jewelry, even. You notice it a lot at first and then it becomes second nature, and you know that you never have to be alone."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » June 21st, 2018, 9:43 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran took a few minutes to think about what Sadira had just said. The other Blue's description of the bond made sense, though Liaran was far from sure she'd ever want it for herself. She was used to being alone, preferred it at least some of the time, and the concept of having someone else constantly present right in her own mind still made her nervous. Though she was working hard on isolating herself less, Liaran knew that she would always need some space for herself, and feared having a Warder would make that impossible. She shrugged, giving Sadira a tentative smile. "I think I understand," she said, though Liaran continued to have difficulty imagining what it would be like if she did bond a Warder.

"I suppose it's a question of whether I want to bond at all...and if I can ever find someone I trust that much." Her words were spoken more to herself than to Sadira, and Liaran couldn't stop herself from thinking of Haeden then, and how she trusted him more than anyone else she knew. It took some effort, but she made herself stop that line of thought, staring off into the center of the room. It was replaced by multiple, conflicting emotions and desires, swirling around in her mind. Liaran sighed, wishing she could identify what it was she wanted, and what, if anything, she should do about it.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 22nd, 2018, 1:11 am

Sadira offered a small smile. "I cannot tell you whether you want to or not, but I find there is always at least one person out there we feel we can trust beyond all others. I've only found two for myself, but I still found them. And in my long life what I have learned is this... When you find that person, don't let them go. They're worth more than the riches of the world."

With that, her smile grew a little as she rose to her feet. "I fear I've taken up too much of your time already. I apologize for the intrusion, but it's been good to meet you, Sister. I hope you have a good rest of your day." She bowed her head slightly, politely, to the other Blue Aes Sedai and then turned on her heel to depart.

Tonight was her night to meet with her brother, and it was likely to be an interesting evening...

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik