What'd I Miss? (Open)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Re: What'd I Miss? (Open)

Post by Leala » June 11th, 2018, 2:48 am

Jhanic
Jhanic considered Farah's question. It was true that when one was raised to the shawl and the cord, one was sworn to the Grey Tower in a deep and meaningful way. But he knew that he would be denying himself, his people, and those same oaths if he ignored the problem of male channelers in the Three-Fold Land. As the Indigo Ajah's Quarters came into view, he narrowed his eyes and wondered what the First Seeker would require of him to make up for his extended absence.

"I was called back, because there was a problem that needed to be addressed. When Saidin was tainted, any man among the Aiel who was found to channel was sent to the Blight to fight the Dark One, by themselves. Of course, they would inevitably fail. When the taint was cleansed...there was never a solution to that. The Wise Ones of my clan called on me, because I had overseen training of men who can channel here, as Master of Soldiers. The Wise Ones have been a group of none but women for thousands of years. When I left, they welcomed the son of my near-brother into their fold. Light willing, they will welcome and train others with him."

He glanced at the drin striding alongside him. "I suppose you could interpret that as guarding against losing lives needlessly. No matter how the Head of my Ajah interprets it, I do not regret it, and I will pay whatever toh is presented to me."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: What'd I Miss? (Open)

Post by Craig » June 12th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Farah
Most of that made sense, although it didn't quite answer her question about Aiel arriving at the Tower. Farah wasn't concerned. Either way, it was simply an interesting point to note. Honestly, the last few sentences were the most interesting. Why would the First Seeker take issue with what Jhanic had done? If he had saved lives and helped to address the discrimination against male channellers amongst the Aiel, that only seemed to be a good thing. Farah didn't wish to pretend she knew enough about toh to understand the rest, however.

"The Wise Ones were like the White Tower, bound by tradition, but you've helped to bring men into the fold. It sounds like you've started a Grey Tower of the Wastes. I can't see why anyone could see an issue with that."

They were almost at the doors to the Indigo Ajah's Hall now. Farah doubted Jhanic would ask her to accompany him inside, especially if he was anticipating the displeasure of the First Seeker, whomever that now was. Challenging to be someone with a sharper tongue than the former First Seeker, however. Count your lucky stars you returned after Ninya's unveiling as a Darkfriend, or you'd have the Amyrlin to answer to. She supposed that could still happen; twenty years as a novice didn't teach you much about the inner workings of the Ajahs and the Grey Tower.

Just before they reached a possible point of no return, Farah posed Jhanic a question. It was a non-sequitur, but this was an opportunity she wouldn't meekly pass up on. "Jhanic Asha'man, you know how to wield a spear. Would you be willing to teach up at some time in the future?"
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik