A Mother's Endurance [Attn: Ravak Darrow]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: A Mother's Endurance [Attn: Ravak Darrow]

Post by Bella » January 20th, 2018, 3:40 am

Miahala gripped his hand so tightly that he would be grateful for the presence of a Yellow.

"Don't think you're getting away," she groaned as the edge of the contraction passed and she sunk back into the bed, gasping for the air that she had not been able to take in during the worst of the pain. In the ebbtide, she could feel Ravak's uncertainty. The loving wife part of her mind wanted to ease things for him.

However, that part of her was not presently in control. The "oh Light, the pain" part was at the reins of the horse, and there was nothing to do but to ride it out.

Everything felt hazy and yet, this was not the worst of births she had endured. It was only a dim memory amid everything else, but she had images of blood...everywhere. She had hemorrhaged with Haeden's birth, living herself, Caden, and the Yellow all nearly sure that it was going to kill her. To avoid seeing such a thing now...well, she could handle the pain.

That moment was, of course, when she felt the next contraction building. This one began not just the pain, but the pressure. It all drifted deeper into a haze...

Later on, she would remember very little of the interceding time. She would remember Ravak's hand in hers, and his concern. She would remember hearing Gareth tell her when to push and when to stop. She would remember pain, and impatience for the moment to just be over with already. That for a child so impatient, why must it take so long?

...but what she would remember most was when everything finally released. A baby's cry pierced the air. And Gareth's deep rumbling voice cutting through it to say, "Mia, Ravak... You have a son."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » January 26th, 2018, 1:24 am

Ravak
As soon as the baby started to cry, Ravak was grateful that Mia hadn't let him go. His breath caught as a ready grin sprung onto his face. That was hastily followed by a wave of weakness that rippled through him. Muscles that he hadn't realised were taut untensed, and the fog in his mind started to dissipate as a heedy rush of excitement overtook him. He wanted to rush forward, to take the child into his arms and show him the face of his loving father, but Rav still held onto his wife's hand. Miahala, who had endured so much to be here. She deserves to see him first.

"Bring him here," Ravak said excitedly. Gareth was already approaching them, but any expression of exasperation eluded the Shienaran. His eyes were clamped on the miniscule figure that the Yellow so carefully carried in his arms, mesmerised by the child that had been only a concept a few hours ago. Now he was here, crying out with his tiny lungs, breathing the same air as his parents.

Ravak stepped back to let Gareth lay the babe in Mia's arms. The Shienaran saw a flash of blue in the child's eyes, and that was enough to wipe away the rest of his composure. He pinched at his tear ducts with thumb and forefinger in an attempt to forestall the inevitable, but he couldn't hold back his emotions. His calloused hand came away and the tears of joy started to trail down his face.

"He's beautiful. You both are."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » January 28th, 2018, 7:12 pm

The wailing infant was placed upon her chest and she cradled him close. It was a gesture that came oh-so-naturally to Mia, despite it being four decades since she had done it last. A mother never forgot. When the wrinkled, wet cheek pressed against the bare skin near her shoulder, the crying quiet and the little fist moved aimlessly.

"My son," she whispered, leaning her tired head against the baby's and closing her eyes. She breathed, focused on regaining her breath.

After that moment, she opened her glistening eyes to look up into her husband's tearful ones, and she smiled. His joy was hers, and hers was his. There were neither beginnings nor endings to either of them in that moment, connected in trine: through their bond, through the marriage vows, and now through their child as it fully became a part of the world with them.

Mia shifted her body, offering the father his son to hold. "Hold your son, Ravak," she said tenderly. "Iain Ravak Darrow."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » January 31st, 2018, 7:04 pm

Ravak
Ravak eagerly took hold of his son, but not before wiping tears from his cheeks. The euphoria of this moment was still with him, yet it was with gentle hands that he held Iain. Looking down at his child's angelic face, he wondered what sort of life the Wheel would weave. Would he follow in his father's stead, joining the Warder Yards, serving with steel and honour? Or like his half-sisters, the spark may reside within him, starting him on a path towards the black uniforms of the Asha'man. And then there were other courses, other paths that would lead him away from the Grey Tower. All that would be many years off and many decisions off; infinite possibilities held within the palm of the Gaidin's two hands. But there were also certainties within that moment.

Ravak bowed his head low, bringing him as close to his son has he'd ever been. Pitched for Iain's ears alone, Ravak whispered: "You will be loved, and you will be protected my son. This I vow. Suravye ninto manshima taishite, wherever it may take you, from this day to the last day." He sealed his promise with a kiss placed lightly on Iain's forehead.

Raising his head he met his wife's gaze, and another tearful grin formed. "Iain Ravak Darrow, eh? A fine name; a warrior's name."
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » January 31st, 2018, 9:49 pm

Mia was dimly aware of Gareth busily tending to all the post-birth details, but the woman only had eyes for the man who stood before her cradling their newborn son. The fatigue remained like a weight that pressed against every inch of her pale skin, but the warmth emanating from Ravak was enough to press away the lingering pain and its memories.

"I knew that he would be," she said softly. "While still just within me, I knew he was...strong." Leaning her head back and inhaling deeply, exhaling carefully, she smiled. "And energetic. This one will be quite the fighter. I know it." Images of her Dreams flitted in and out of her mind, but she held them close.

Glancing sidelong at him, she laughed weakly. "I believe there is still a collection of child-sized wooden swords around the yard that Dagor made for my son Rynny. You'd best get them ready soon, my love. And the Yellows best be prepared for no end to the stream of bruised shins and ankles and knees."

Although he said nothing, they could hear Gareth chuckling.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » January 31st, 2018, 10:37 pm

Ravak
"Mm." He was thinking about swords, specifically the one that Kaira used to run around with everywhere. That thing couldn't cut butter (quite literally, as a ter'angreal it was built that way) but what it could do was jab you. Having wooden swords around, ones that could cause bruises and cuts and splinters in all the wrong places... "Maybe let's wait a moment on the swords," Ravak said in a rare moment of wisdom. Otherwise the Yellows would be administrating Healing to Darrow Senior, not Darrow Junior.

Tangentially thinking of Elia via the topics of ter'angreal reminded Ravak of all the clothes and toys and whatnot she would've had for Corinthea and Tomas. Not that the Sha'hal-Darrow household weren't already equipped and stocked with all manner of baby accessories, but Elia did have an eye for perfection and quality. Not that Miahala wasn't perfect in her own way, but-- but how about we stop going down this path before you say something stupid. Ravak glanced at his son conspiratorially. You'll soon learn that whilst Daddy is a Blademaster, Mummy can set things on fire and that's far more scary.

Mental conversation over, Ravak slowly approached his wife's bedside, taking care as he bent over to transfer Iain into his mother's arms. There was an almost immediate sense of loss as Iain left his embrace which wasn't quite filled by Miahala's sense of completion. But looking at them together, the Shienaran found something more profound to embrace: his family.

Kneeling by the bed so he was close at hand, Ravak found himself absorbed by the minute movements of his young son. "Do you need anything, my love?" he asked Mia whilst looking at the boy. "Or anyone? I don't know if you want to send for Sadira or Haeden or whomever?"
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » January 31st, 2018, 10:44 pm

Before the it's-happened-again-mother could respond to her husband, Gareth quietly cleared his throat.

"Everything looks good and I declare you both hale and healthy," the big Yellow said with a gentle smile. "I will check in on you later tonight and over the coming days, and I'm just in the infirmary if you have need in the meantime." With quiet thanks from both parents, he took his leave.

Mia turned back to Ravak. "Not yet," she said. "We will see them and introduce them in due course, and they will likely be here without us having to send for him. News will travel fast, I imagine." She smiled again. "For now, I am contented for it to just be the three of us. And that is all I need for now."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik