The Shattered [Attn: Craig]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Larissa Saighan

The Shattered [Attn: Craig]

Post by Jenny » November 13th, 2017, 3:51 am

<< The Nightmare
Larissa Larissa stopped in the middle of the Yellow Ajah hall and looked again at the note in her hand. Her roommate, Camille, had reported her nightmares to the Mistress of Novices, who had then recommended that Larissa seek out Zarayne Sedai of the Yellow Ajah.

So here she was. She didn't really believe that Healing would work on her and felt queasy about having an Aes Sedai fiddling with her mind. But perhaps Zarayne could work a miracle. It would certainly be nice to be able to sleep through the night. And while Larissa did not like Camille very much, she did feel badly about the dark circles which had developed under the other girl's eyes to match her own.

There was a placard next to the door which confirmed its occupant. It seemed that she was in the right place. She tucked a loose brown curl over her ear and smoothed her skirts. In her short time at the Tower, it had already been impressed on her that Aes Sedai were sticklers for appearance. When she was sure that she looked presentable, she raised her hand and timidly knocked on the door.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: The Shattered [Attn: Craig]

Post by Craig » November 21st, 2017, 6:34 pm

Zarayne Sedai
Zarayne's rooms were spartan by almost everyone's standards. The living room had a writing desk with a simple stool, and two large armchairs with thick, comfy padding. They were decadent even by wetlander standards, suited more for a manor or palace than the candlelit quarters of a new Aes Sedai. Someone had brought them to her when she requested chairs for her guests. Zarayne regretted not being more specific. They made her uncomfortable precisely because they were comfortable. The hard seat of the wooden stool was far more to her liking.

Also on the subject of being uncomfortable, Zarayne made sure that she looked her part as a new sister of the Yellow Ajah. That meant dresses; wetlander dresses. She had sun dresses and shifts, strapless dresses and ball gowns. There were pleated skirts and layered skirts and riding skirts. Some had a high waist or a low waist, with or without buttons, with or without lace. Getting dressed in the morning was a challenge due to the enormity of choosing something suitable amongst all of the pieces of clothing. Today she had chosen a sleeveless dress. It was yellow, covered in blue flowers so dark that they appeared black. Zarayne hadn't seen many of her fellow sisters going about with bare arms, but writing with frilly cuffs was a nightmare.

A knock at the door paused her mid-sentence. She placed the quill aside, and took a pinch of sand to scatter across the newest words. She rose from the stool, crossing the fifteen feet to her doorway to answer.

Zarayne beamed warmly to the novice on the other side; she had no intention on being unfriendly just because she had a shawl around her shoulders and the other woman did not. "Welcome, come in. Please, take a seat."
Spoiler: show
For reference
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » November 26th, 2017, 6:19 am

Larissa Larissa wasn’t sure what she had expected, but it certainly wasn’t this beautiful, statuesque, red-haired woman who opened the door. Intimidated, Larissa almost took a step back, until the Aes Sedai greeted her with a broad smile. The novice smiled shyly back at Zarayne. Then she stepped into the room before she remembered to curtsy and hurriedly spread her skirts for a quick bob.

“Uh, t-thank you Zarayne Sedai,” she said nervously and scurried over to settle herself into one of the two cushy armchairs.

Though the thick cushion threatened to send her sliding backwards to rest comfortably against the back of the chair, Larissa perched herself at the edge, feet firmly touching the ground so that she could leap up at any moment’s notice. She measured the distance to the door with a subtle glance. These precautions came as second nature to her. Not that she expected any harm to befall her in an Aes Sedai’s presence. But old habits died hard.

Larissa held her palms against the edges of her chair and peered up cautiously at the Aes Sedai. Zarayne had brilliant green eyes, she noticed. Like Camille, though Zarayne’s eyes were much kinder than her roommate’s and held perhaps a shade more color.

“Good morning,” she began. “I like your dress. It's very pretty.”

Then she blushed. She didn't ask for your opinion, Larissa scolded herself, and winced as she remembered the rule about not speaking to Aes Sedai unless spoken to. She wondered what the Aes Sedai meant to do with her. Without meaning to, she looked again at the door.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » December 4th, 2017, 11:07 am

Zarayne
Zarayne closed the door gently, then turned to face her patient. This wasn't the clinical busy workplace of the Infirmary, but it was still a place of healing. She'd surprised some people by her choice of shawl but her definition of Healing expanded beyond the weaves required to mend bones. She offered Larissa a smile, one that broadened with the compliment. Whilst the general makeup of her wardrobe was not to her liking, this dress was one of the better ones. "Thank you, Larissa." The Yellow sister took the other chair, masking her displeasure with her continued smile. She sunk into the seat cushion a couple of inches. Why anyone needed such comfort was beyond her.

The chairs neither faced one another or were they set side-by-side. Zarayne hadn't decided whether which was better, so she had gone for the middle ground. Fortunately Larissa sat right at the edge of the seat, so Zarayne was able to see her whole body. The novice's stance read as one of tension. Zarayne sunk back into the seat, making herself look at ease. Now to place her at her ease.

"Larissa, I want you to know that you may leave whenever you like. I only closed the door for our privacy and not for your confinement. Also, if you don't wish to answer any of my questions, you don't need to." Zarayne's face had barely begun the process into agelessness, but even a sister unbound by the Oaths wouldn't make such statements and not mean them.

"So, let me ask my first question. Why do you think you were sent to see me today?"
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » December 5th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Larissa Larissa almost jumped up and darted out the door right there to test if the Aes Sedai would really allow her to leave. But the Yellow sister seemed kindly, and Larissa was getting sick of waking up with nightmares. So she stayed put and fiddled with the folds of her skirt. Her feet scuffed the floor as she spoke.

“I have nightmares,” she said. “They wake me up screaming. Not every night, but enough to be bothering my roommate. She ran and told on me and… well, Tamsin Sedai said that I needed healing.”

Tamsin Sedai had asked all sorts of strange questions too, like if the dreams had ever reflected reality, or if Larissa had ever been able to control her dreams, or seen things that came true, or if she had ever woke up injured from something that happened in the dream. Larissa had denied every question with growing confusion. But the Mistress of Novices had assigned an Accepted to ward their room every night anyways. 'Just as a precaution,' Tamsin Sedai had said. Still, the nightmares continued.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » December 7th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Zarayne
Zarayne could feel her smile fading. It wasn't like scream-inducing nightmares were anything to smile at, but it was more that she empathised with Larissa's situation. Bad dreams could wreak havoc enough without them forcing you awake.

"I think your roommate has done you a kindness. Whilst it is likely that these nightmares will fade on their own, it will be better for your well-being that they cease as soon as possible. My people have a saying: "Sleep well and wake". At the moment, you are not sleeping well, and you're not waking as you should be."

Zarayne shifted herself towards the front of the cushion so that she didn't rest her spine on the back of the chair. It was also a mimicking gesture. The more she copied Larissa's body language, the more trusting the woman would be of her.

"What is it that haunts your dreams Larissa? Is a person or a place, or events in your past or present? Answer only if you feel comfortable to do so."
Image Image Image Image

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » December 16th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Larissa Larissa tucked a hand under her chin as she pondered. She hadn’t ever told anyone about what was in her nightmares. Often they were only a hazy mix of terror, but she thought that she could think of some repeating elements.

“Running. I’m always running,” she said. “There is something chasing me, and I can never get away. The thing that chases me looks like someone in my family. My father or mother… and I’ve also got an older brother and sister. Usually it’s my father. But I know that it really isn’t them. Does that makes sense? I know that the monster is only wearing their faces. And it always catches me… and then I wake up.”

Now that she tried to describe the nightmares, she felt a bit silly. She couldn’t quite explain why they frightened her so much.

Larissa thought some more. “Usually I’m running away outside or down a long hall. Or sometimes I’m lost in a city with building so tall like a maze. No matter where I am, it’s always dark in my dreams.”

She hugged herself and looked down at the ground. “Do you think they mean something, Zarayne Sedai? What do you think would help make them stop?”

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » January 6th, 2018, 1:36 am

Zarayne
The Yellow Ajah could Heal physical injuries, but not mental wounds. If only it was so simple. But simplicity in Zarayne's life had vanished with the snows of Shienar, and she hadn't chosen to becoming a Healer of the mind for its ease. She watched her patient carefully. Larissa was understandibly distressed, even if the only consideration was that she clearly wasn't getting enough sleep. Even something so simple could throw a person's equilbrium into turmoil.

"Our dreams and nightmares often reflect thoughts and concerns that lurk within us. Sometimes the meanings are clear, and sometimes we find ourselves confused by our own emotions. Bringing into focus what it is our minds are reflecting on can help us move past them."

Zarayne clasped her hands over her knees as she leaned forwards. "You find yourself running in your dreams with something or someone chasing you. When we run, generally it is to get towards something, or to get away from something. Do you have thoughts like these, Larissa?" The Yellow paused in reflection before inquiring: "Do you feel safe here, at the Grey Tower?"
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik