Knives Out (Attn: Bella)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Knives Out (Attn: Bella)

Post by Craig » September 11th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Ravak
He gripped the back of his neck as he struggled with that thought. Aes Sedai kidnapped in the Grey Tower. It was for this reason he'd kicked off the entire questioning endeavour. But then the Dark One interfered with the Pattern and gave us impossible horrors to deal with... Maybe they had been close. Maybe if he just held off for a few more minutes, maybe then they would have got a Darkfriend. Instead everything was a shambles and he got the lion's share of the--

Rav growled softly at himself in annoyance. None of that was going to help Vari. Where in the Light have you vanished? It would be painfully embarrassing if the Green had just meandered off into Hama Valon for a few days of drinking, but Ravak would gladly shoulder any embarrassment against the alternative. "Kidnapping? Possible." The Shienaran rubbed the tip of his nose. "I can't tell either way for certain. So what, you'd need a channeller to shield her, a second to help move her and keep her quiet?" Ravak stepped around the room, searching anew. "And then open a Gateway and go where? And why her? I mean, she's young, newish to the shawl, would have nothing to do with the Shadow." Ravak got to the end of the room then turned back to his wife. "Am I missing something? Was she doing something I wasn't aware of? Are there people she was working with, either inside or outside the Ajah? I don't like to think it, but why Vari over someone else?" Strain from concern was evident in the Gaidin's voice, and he could feel the waves of sympathy coming through the bond from Mia.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » September 12th, 2017, 11:36 pm

She listened to his thinking-out-loud and his frustration. She felt it too. Miahala may not have known the woman well, but she was a fellow Sister and a fellow Green. Mia took the responsibility for her Sisters and Brothers in the Green, especially when they were here in the Grey Tower's walls...so what had happened?

Drawing closer to him, she put her hand on his shoulder. "We'll do all we can," she said softly. "We need to know more about Varistan, and what she might have been doing. She and I were not close. Do you know who she might have been close to?" She paused. "And perhaps someone who can read the residues of something that could have happened here. It is not an exceptional skill I have."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » September 16th, 2017, 3:43 am

All the Darrows
Elia pulled open the door with her good arm. Her normal unruffled face twisted in surprise. "Ravak? Miahala? To what do I owe the honour?"

The youngest Darrow bore his usual glower. "I need someone who can read residues. Well, two someones," he corrected, "One for saidar, the other for saidin."

Confused, Elia just nodded as she admitted them into her apartments. She wore a loose fitting turquoise dress. Aside from being beautiful, it also hid the fact that she had yet to regain her prenatal figure. She gestured idly at the chairs surrounding a low table in the middle of the room. "Make yourselves comfortable." Leaving them in the main room, Elia crossed through to her study. It took her almost no time to find what her brother and his wife were looking for. One thing the First Seeker was proud of was her organisational skills.

When she returned, Elia was lugging two ledgers underneath her good arm. Miahala and Ravak had chosen adjacent seats so she took her position on the chaise longue. Sitting upright, she used the flat of the seat as a tabletop. "Reading residues, mm? What are you looking for?"

"Not sure yet," Ravak replied in his brisk gravelly voice. Apparently something had ruffled the Master of Arms' feathers this afternoon. He was incredibly easy to read. Maybe Mrs Ravak has something to do with his grump? It was still very odd to think of Miahala as her sister-in-law.

"Well that's not very informative." She placed one ledger atop the other after finding one set of entries on residue readers.

Ravak looked towards Miahala before speaking again. "It's Varistan Sedai. She's missing."

"Oh?" Elia didn't even miss a beat. She traced a finger across the open page. "Well, I have names for you. Mira Sedai of the Indigo Ajah and–" she removed the top book to view the second "–Milorad Asha'man, a Green. Both are strong with the talent."

Ravak was already standing up. "Thanks El. Do you mind?" he asked pointing towards the nursery.

"Of course," she agreed. Just don't wake them. She might love Corinthea and Tomas more than anything but she relished the hours when they were asleep. Unfortunately with Ravak's departure, Elia was left with Miahala. "I'm still interested in the Arches," she commented in the lull whilst Ravak played uncle. "I still hope we can work together."

When Ravak was finished she saw them both out, after providing directions to Mira's room. Miahala would have to locate Milorad herself. The First Seeker really knew nothing about Milorad, but Mira was just like her, a sister of two Ajahs. The Cairhienin would be ever so helpful up to the point that she saw the faint remains of Compulsion, then she'd clam up like... well, a clam. As the door closed, Elia give herself a self-satisfied smile.

Which was precisely the moment one of the twins started crying.
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 17th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Miahala still carried this lingering sense that Elia Darrow did not like her. She would be the first to grant that maybe it was just an in-law thing, and Mia was assuming things because of the new, strange relationship they all had to one another...or maybe it was something else entirely. Now, she was dealing with the lack of sleep twins brought. Something Mia was familiar with.

As they left, she dove into her memory. "Hopefully, Milorad is in the Tower. He travels a lot, but was here last I knew." For now, though, they were following the directions to Mira Sedai's rooms.

They were lucky to find that Mira was in when they arrived, and they agreed to meet in the Green Ajah halls in an hour's time, which would hopefully give them enough time to find the Green. For that, they returned to her office to double-check what information she had and then to his rooms. He too was in the Tower, though had been planning to depart the next day. So, more good timing.

As concerned for Varistan as they were, he was happy to help and agreed to go see if he could see...anything.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » September 23rd, 2017, 11:06 pm

Ravak
Milorad and Mira. Ravak knew neither to any notable degree, but that wasn't why they had been summoned. He knew either would be able to trace if anything channelling-related had occurred within Vari's apartments, and that was all he needed them for.

At the appointed time, Ravak led the Green and Indigo into the rooms of the Kandori sister. He watched them from a corner, wondering if the way they looked around at open air looked as curious as when he sniffed around a place.

For some reason, Ravak kept his focus primarily on Mira. Instinct made him believe that a woman was responsible for the disappearance, so it would be Mira and not Milorad who'd detect... whatever there was.
Spoiler: show
I reckon I'll let you wrap this up with a <Mission Failed> bow?
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » September 23rd, 2017, 11:40 pm

There was something that had come unsettled in Miahala when she first entered this bedroom, and it had not moved back into place in all of the time since. As she stood and watched Milorad and Mira at work, the feeling grew by fractions. She idly held her hand over her just-barely distended abdomen, almost protectively.

"There was no Saidin at work here," Milorad had said very early on. Mia had thanked him and let him be on his way.

Mira took a few moments more, looking around and turning in a slow circle before shaking her head. "I am afraid I cannot be of any more assistance, Captain-General," the other Aes Sedai said with a slight bow of her head in slight deference to the elder channeler. "I do not sense the use of Saidar here so recently as last night, or even before that."

The Green sighed, knowing that even the most talented of Residue Readers still had limits.

"Thank you, Mira," she said softly, then waited for the other woman to leave.

Once there was no one left in the room but Miahala and Ravak, she turned her head to look at him. "Something just doesn't feel right here," she stated the obvious. "But I'll be burned if I can tell just what that is." Her aggravation was clear with that fact, because she didn't like mysteries, especially ones involving missing bodies.

And Mia had never liked there being things she couldn't figure out. Yet she was at a loss on this one...

For the moment.
Spoiler: show
OOC: Wrap?

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik