May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

Post by Roan » July 20th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Riahana
Riahana squeezed Gareth’s hands with her own before going to the tips of her toes to kiss him. When she lowered herself, her gaze was locked on him, “I am glad it pleases you, my heart. Needless to say, I would like to make it official. Perhaps. . .as a way to celebrate, you could see if we can borrow your friend’s cabin again?”

Her lips twitched and she smirked ever so slightly, “You showed me the merits of taking a holiday from time to time. I dare say we could use another one.”
Tia Sedai
Tia laughed softly as she looked to the dance floor for a moment before looking back to the Gaidin, “I would not be a part of the Sha’hal line if I didn’t know how to dance. It is somewhat compulsory. Those who marry into it, if they don’t know how to dance, quickly learn.”

Tilting her head slightly, she smirked, “Is that an invitation to dance? If it is, then the answer is yes.”
Paks Liard
Paks laughed as the pair made their way across the dance floor. Watching the Novice flush from time to time only broadened the Drin’s smirk. It was entertaining to watch the young woman attempt to be bold. From Paks’ perspective, it was working, though she had no idea how it ‘felt’ to Nas.

“Ah wine. . .my band of merry friends would use it to loosen the lips and coin purses of our favoured patrons. More often than not, it would lead to bigger tips and juicy gossip. For me. . .it often meant a warm bed for the evening instead of bedding in whatever little room the group often shared,” Paks admitted.

She let her smirk broaden, “Half the time I chased after a skirt so I didn’t have to sleep with one of my mate’s smelly feet in my face. It’s much more pleasant to wake to a naked lover than smelly feet.”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 21st, 2017, 2:21 am

Lysira Viathene Gaidin
The silent woman's brows rose with surprise, although that was the only outward sign of that surprise but for the curious glint that alit in her obsidian gaze. No, she had not interpreted that as an invitation.

Lysira eyed the other woman for a moment, thinking more of logistics than propriety. It was a party, so any may dance with any, and she had danced with women before--though mostly her sister--but in that case, they had been relatively the same height. Zarayne, on the other hand, towered over the half-Cairheinin woman.

'Who would lead?' she asked with legitimate curiosity. 'I am older and perhaps more experienced, but you're far taller.'
Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow Aes Sedai
She enjoyed the drink. Then she enjoyed the kiss. Then she enjoyed the drink again.

Mia smiled with warm amusement as she watched the shifting emotions upon his face and over the bond. When he seemed to lose himself within his own mind, she waited patiently until he emerged again. Naturally she wondered what thoughts had taken him so far afield, but she did not ask. She just smiled at him again.

"We could go bother my overly stoic son or grandson," she commented with levity. "Neither of them seem to be trying to mingle much, and I feel an urge to prod them both."
Sadira Jolstrear Aes Sedai, PSC
She listened to his response, and found it...amusing, and still with that edge of odd charm? It was a strange combination, but at least it kept things interesting. She tried to wave off his comment about repaying her, but he was already moving onto the next statement and she was pleasantly surprised by the question.

"I would be happy to," she said easily. "I have yet to avail myself of the floor and the music." Taking his arm, she allowed him to take the lead among the throng of dancers. She too noted that her mother and Ravak were not on the floor. In her brief moment of observation, she thought she saw Mia aiming for her half-brother.

Sadira tried to not smile with amusement at his soon-to-be predicament and turned her gaze back onto the Gaidin who had asked her to dance. It had been a while since she'd dance, but it was a celebration, was it not?
Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
That made him grin. It had been quite the enjoyable few days in that cabin and in some of the turmoil that took places seemingly just moments after their return (though not actually), he had often wanted to just go back to that cabin. Now, though, things were well, his wife had manage to deepen their already deep affirmation for each other, and it was a happy day.

He would take it for as long as it lasted. "I'm sure I can arrange that," he rumbled warmly before leaning down again to steal a longer kiss.
Brynmor Brook Gaidin, PSC
Bryn found himself smiling again as he bowed slightly, keeping his blue eyes on hers, as he held out his hand. "It was indeed an invitation, Aes Sedai, and I would be honored if you would join me." Since she had already said yes, she took his hand. In a show of chivalry he usually kept in reserve, he kissed it lightly and then set it on his arm to lead her onto the floor.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » July 21st, 2017, 9:53 am

Zarayne
"Umm..." Zarayne voiced aloud, although most of the exclamation was lost behind the sounds of music. Looking towards the other dancers helped to settle her decision. 'You should, I think' she signed. It was a question of experience, although it also eased her mind to defer to her superiors. The path of least resistance had its advantages.
Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
The Shienaran had to traverse through the mental map of Miahala's family tree to place names to relationships. Haeden was her son, of course, but grandson? He had a list to go through: Ryne and Sadira never had kids. Tianna had Darie who had Riahana who had Tia. Tarvin had... Grey-blue eyes quickly found 'the grandson': Derren Jolstraer, son of Tarvin and Gianna. The Light knew how he remembered all this.

"Haeden?" Ravak suggested. The son was more of an age with Ravak than Derren was, plus Ravak actually knew Haeden. Derren was just a name and a face, and his prejudice against male channellers was still a potent thing.

Ravak moved to walk in step with his lovely wife, although he kept a slight distance to avoid tripping on her skirts. As they made their way around the dancing towards the son of Miahala's third husband, Rav caught a glance of a most unusual sight. "Is that Lysira and Zarayne... dancing?"
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » July 21st, 2017, 4:11 pm

He merely smiled at her acceptance, he was not about to end up accidentally talking himself out of having a delightful partner for the dance. Not to mention that she was probably far better than he and so she would likely improve his mediocre dancing. Before they started he did look up at the chandelier and his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. He laughed at himself, at his mild paranoia, and took up the dance with Sadira in his arms.

"Sorry, it's just the last time I danced under that thing it fell on me" he noted wryly as they stepped into the rhythm of the music.

Even though they had spoken he hadn't really had the opportunity to study Sadira until they were quite literally face to face. When speaking to Aes Sedai he usually spent most of his time thinking bout not causing offence. Either that or his mouth ran away with his tongue and just did their own thing. He found that she was of a height with him and that her features were quite strikingly different to Miahala's. Whoever her father had been must have had stronger blood than her mother and that was saying something. Aes Sedai agelessness had its mark upon her but not to the extent of the more serious ones. She had more signs of joy and mirth that were more noticeable up close.

"You know, I have spent many days in the rain in places I'd rather not have been. I helped defend places I'd rather not had to. Got more scars than I'd like and I've even tended to orphans," he spoke, his tone amused and thoughtful, "but I think this is the first time I have danced with an Aes Sedai at a wedding. I think I'm going to have to complain to the Gaidin Captain about this, clearly there needs to be more fun in this Tower"

He led the dancing though he was fairly certain she's have done a better job. But teaching was teaching and it had been how he had been taught. He looked over her shoulder briefly to see Miahala and Ravak making a tour of relatives apparently. He nodded for Sadira to see them over his shoulder as they turned.

"I am happy for them both. Ravak was the man who talked me into staying here and not giving up. In his way. Despite his...recent decisions...he is a good man. I am glad that he is happy and he clearly means the world to your mother"

"If I might ask, seeing as we are here, what is it that a Blue does with her days? I can't recall seeing you around. Have you been away fighting a cause somewhere?" he asked for way of quiet conversation as he tried to blow a bell out of his face, failed and realised he was probably jingling to the beat before giving up and look at her once more.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella

Post by Bella » July 22nd, 2017, 2:23 am

Lysira Viathene Gaidin
Lysira could suppose the reasoning in suggesting that she lead, but the height differential was a little...intimidating, of a sort. It was at least likely to be awkward. She would rather be fighting someone much taller than dancing with them, but she wasn't going to turn the girl away. Zarayne seemed... The Gaidin struggled for the word. But she seemed to need some support.

'As you say,' Lysira replied easily, deciding that it was worth a shot.

Rendering herself fully mute, the Gaidin offer a hand to the tall Accepted and then led her onto the floor. Her boots had a slight heel, since even her dress shoes could be ridden in, but it wasn't enough. The hold was not impossible, however, and so she drew the Accepted into a formal hold and then began their dance.
Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow Aes Sedai
She stood by and watched as the look in his eye grew distant and she thought she could see him climbing the Sha'hal family tree...

When their course was set for Haeden, though, she smiled and took his hand. They didn't seem to get very far, though, before he stopped and his attention zeroed in on the dance floor. It took her a moment--and his saying it--for her to realize what he was so captured by, and it caused her head to tilt with a faint smile.

"Yes, my love, that is exactly what it appears to be," she replied affably.
Sadira Jolstraer Aes Sedai
Sadira smiled. "Yes, my mother is a woman of strong feelings, for better and for worse. Despite recent events, as you have said, I think that Ravak can handle them and that his own respond to hers. It it why I think they will do well together. My mother is a good judge of character, when all is said and done."

They danced for a few moments before he asked what occupied her days. Some random urge brought her to take the hand that was on his shoulder and help put the errant bell back into place.

"I am out of the Tower a lot, yes," she said. "Unlike many Blues, I never developed a specific cause of my own. I simply seek to bring justice to whatever corners of the world I can, and so I spend much time toward that end." She paused affably. "And what of you? Perhaps you would be so kind as to indulge me in some information about yourself?"

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » July 22nd, 2017, 10:39 am

He gave her a look of thanks as she put the errant bell back into place. Truly he loved them but he was beginning to see the sense of not wearing them at times. He had not had cause to be particularly stealthy so far so it had not become an issue beyond the occasional annoyance. He did need a haircut though, he noted to himself.

"They are impossible," he told her before moving onto her own words, "I would imagine that many causes would change with time, or even become fulfilled. Perhaps you chose best by not tying yourself to just one"

He was not surprised by her own question, he had perhaps asked a lot about her without giving much back in return. He tilted his head and wondered if he were as interesting. Somehow he doubted it but it was poor form not to fulfil requests of the woman you were dancing with.

"The tale of Alrim Farshera is probably not as interesting as the one of Sadira Jolstraer but as the lady asks," he inclined his head, "I was born in Arafel, a little ways outside Shol Arbela. Son of quite a successful merchant, but not a successful son. Quite the mischievous rogue apparently. Got into trouble, so I came here, to the Grey Tower, where I learned how to be better. Lost most of the bad habits, kept the fun ones" he smiled.

"Very dramatic, no? That's the short version, anyway. Longer one would require somewhere less crowded and probably more to drink," he chuckled, "but if you' meant what do I do now...mostly travelling with channelers and protecting them best I can. I like to travel but haven't been to many new places yet. Teaching the Drin and Ji, of course, otherwise they'd have far too much free time on their hands. Spent some time in Arafel. Apparently I am a merchant partner now, of sorts, though I couldn't really tell you the first thing about being one"

"What else would you like to know?" he asked as the dance continued.

He was never very good at telling his own tale, truth be told. He much preferred telling the tales of others. He smiled and wondered when he'd next get the chance to try keep people entertained with a story around a campfire, or at a tavern hearth perhaps. He did miss those times.
~
~

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » July 26th, 2017, 9:12 am

Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
It probably didn't look good to be standing still, frowning at his daughter whilst his wife held his outstretched hand. He wanted to intervene. It wasn't right, seeing Zarayne dance with another woman. Maybe if it was Elia or Kaira, sure, but Lysira? It had nothing to do with who Lysira was. It was the whole scenario that just wasn't right.

He felt a gentle tug of his hand and made himself turn away, returning to his place by Mia's side. He quashed his embarrassment, refocusing instead on Haeden and making a good impression. It was kind of a stupid thing to think of, making a good impression on his own wedding day. But this wasn't Haeden Gaidin of the Warder Yards he was meeting; this was Haeden Ives, Miahala's son, and now his own stepson. It didn't matter that the tall Hama Valoner was his elder, although age was always going to be a tricky thing when living around channellers.

The Reaper of the Yards' progeny saw them approach, green eyes ever as aware, even on a festive day like this. A smile passed between mother and son before that stony expression turned onto Ravak. The Master of Arms just smiled, extending his hand. "Haeden, good to see you. Not planning to dance?"
Zarayne
It was good that Zarayne had not been made aware of her father's glare. Her dance with Lysira was more awkward than she'd hoped it would be. It wasn't that either of them were poor dancers – far from it – but there was over a foot in difference between them. It added to the general sense of discomfort Zarayne was experiencing being in this room, caught in this scenario.

That discomfort grew. Distracted, Zarayne stepped on Lysira's toes during the second song. After the end of it, she parted from the Gaidin with a worried look painted across her pale features. "I'm sorry," she said, shaking her head. As soon as the words were out, the Aiel quickly departed both the dance floor and the ballroom, utilising her long legs for speed far better than she had for dancing.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 27th, 2017, 1:31 am

Sadira Jolstraer Aes Sedai, PSC
Borderlanders did always seem to end up gravitating to one another, whether they knew it at first or not. Here she was, Saldaean and Shienaran and of all the people from all the many nations who were gathered in this room...she was dancing with a man of Arafel. It was a funny, and wholly unsurprising, coincidence.

Oh, Sadira. You know what we say of coincidence, don't you? The Pattern would never be so lazy.

She resisted the urge to smile at her own thoughts, since she wasn't about to share them and didn't want to offer too much curiosity without intent to assuage it.

"Do you have any places that you would like to travel to that you have yet to?" she asked curiously as they moved by the memories of their muscles around the floor, both of them watching-without-watching all the crowd around them so that none were collided with. Really, a dance floor was an impressive feat, all told.
Haeden Ives Gaidin, PSC
He could be none other than he was, and so he stood at the edge of the floor...not stopping himself from being Gaidin but he really was trying to avoid being a specter at the feast. He did not want to be the looming shadow of the son of the Reaper, but instead the loving child of his mother. But it was hard.

This was weird.

When he saw them coming, he almost wished that they wouldn't...but as soon as the thought came to him, he shoved it away and turned to face them. He smiled warmly at his mother, but couldn't quite summon that emotion for his... No. He couldn't say it. For Ravak. That would just have to suffice.

Haeden took the offered hand and shook it firmly. "I... Well. I may be able to dance with a blade, but I am not much for the dance floor."

"You may not have the Oaths, but it's improper to lie," his mother chided gently. "Especially in front of your mother."

"Mother..." he said, sounding more like the teenager that she never got the chance to raise than the full grown adult stood before her instead. He narrowed his emerald green eyes at her slightly.

She lifted her brows and smiled sweetly, nonplussed.

Haeden stifled a sigh and turned back to Ravak. "I simply have not noted anyone I wish to dance with. No offense to my family, I do love them, I have no wish to dance with my sister. And I'm not...the social type."

"You should work on that," Mia murmured idly.

"Mother..." Haeden said again in the same tone. "It's your wedding day. Don't you have better things to do than bother me?"

"Never, my child," Mia said, an unflappable as always.

Trying to ward her off--which of course he knew was impossible--he looked at Ravak again, avoiding any look of "help me please" because what would a lovestruck husband do? "I did not have a proper chance to offer you my congratulations as well. Let me amend that now and offer felicitations and well wishes. The lady is a handful." Now he smiled as his mother laughed.
Lysira Viathene Gaidin
It had been as awkward as feared, but...well, nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Lysira had never cared much for the thoughts of others, but the expression on the Accepted's face had been... Well, she had been troubled by it and not enjoyed it so much as she thought. That much was obvious. When the song ended, she apologized and then bolted from the dance floor.

The Gaidin stood for a moment and wondered if she should pursue her, or if it would make matters worse...

After several moments, she chose the former. If the girl told her to go then she would, but she would rather err on the side of aid than avoidance. She slipped off the floor with the fluid grace of a Gaidin of her experience, tracking Zarayne by the trail of slightly disturbed wedding-goers moving back into position.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » July 27th, 2017, 7:15 am

He looked at her for a few moments, thinking behind his gaze. Such striking eyes too, up close, not the usual blue. Perhaps they matched the character too, he told himself. Still, the question wasn't one he was asked often, even by his friends. And of all the other questions she could have had she chose that one. He wondered if she had need of someone perhaps.

"Truthfully? Everywhere," he smiled, "I have yet to see any of the grand capitals of the Southlands. Illian, Caemlyn, Cairhien. And then there are Saldea, Kandor and Shienar. I am quite the ignorant Borderlander, haven't been to any of them yet. Unless you count the land just outside of the Citadel" he added thoughtfully, it was in Shienar after all.

"I don't know why, I just feel like I should visit these places. Learn their culture. Help if they need it but I wouldn't complain if it were just a quiet visit. If you ever needed someone to go with you somewhere, please feel free to ask"

He looked away briefly as a commotion bubbled up, someone running from the dance floor. He thought they looked familiar but with so many people in the way it was difficult to tell properly. Still, despite that it had been a wonderful occasion so far. He had even met a stranger who was no longer a stranger. And was pleasant company too. He turned his gaze back to Sadira.

"As a far more experienced traveller than myself, clearly, where would you suggest I start with?"
~
~

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » July 28th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Riahana
Ria leaned into Gareth with the longer kiss, her hands still resting on his chest. Pleasant thoughts swirled through her mind as she considered their future and remembered their vacation. There was something to be said to enjoy live when you could. Given their lives, embracing the good times when they happened seemed a wise course of action.

The kiss seemed to end all too soon, and Ria flashed a playful smirk to her husband, “Now then. . .are you going to ask me to dance, my husband?”
Tia
Tia spoke the truth when she said you couldn’t be part of the Sha’hal line and not know how to dance. She learned when she was a child, her parents teaching both her and Einion. When her family visited the horse farm in Saldaea, the rest of Tia’s family would teach her and her brother other dances. She was naturally graceful, and loved not just listening to music, but moving to it, as well.

All of that said, though, Tia hadn’t ever danced with anyone other than her family members. As Bryn led her onto the dance floor, Tia realized that she’d not even danced with Jaryd (mostly because the opportunity hadn’t come up when she’d been involved with him). She flashed Bryn a small, but wry smile as he took her hand in his and placed his other around her waist.

The Aes Sedai was not surprised to find solid muscle as her hand moved to sit just above his hip. When her eyes met his, she saw a quiet intensity about him, and she suddenly realized just how handsome he was. Perhaps it was the wine, but Tia suddenly felt heat on her cheeks. Softly clearing her throat, she looked around, and saw her Memma and her husband walking towards her Great Uncle Haeden.

As she and Bryn began to dance, Tia thought she caught a glimpse of her parents in the middle of a not so chaste kiss. Any thoughts to see if she saw what she thought she saw slipped away, though, as she found herself looking back to her dance partner, getting lost in the intensity of his gaze. “Clearly, you know how to dance quite well,” Tia said as she grinned. “May I ask where you learned?”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik