May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Re: May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

Post by Locke » August 18th, 2017, 3:09 am

Alric
After another twirl around the dance floor, the two channelers decided to take a break. They ensconced themselves on a small balcony overlooking the city. Sounds of revelry filtered in through the glass doors at their back. After the packed ballroom, the cool night’s breeze was was a needed reprieve.

“So what now?” Alric asked as he gazed out at city lights, arms propped on the rail. “I mean now you’re an Aes Sedai. What’re you going to do?”
Nas
Nas studied the woman with a dual eye of a seamstress and and that of a woman. The green complimented her skin tone nicely and the cut, while modest compared to her own Domani dress, accentuated a lovely set of curves. She shot a grin at Paks, “You’ve definitely got a good eye. Maybe you’re right. I should ask her to dance.”

Turning back to face the woman her heart began trying to pound its way free of her ribcage. The mystery woman’s full lips quirked into a smile that made her want to run away screaming. Thoughts of the shorter woman’s nimbus of springy black hair brushing against her cheek as they danced drove her onward. She shot a nervous look back over her shoulder at Paks but the woman just shot her another smirk. Maybe she was learning to interpret the smirks or she was just projecting, but it seemed like encouragement. Heart still pounding a thunderous rhythm, her gate morphed into a sway a she approached the woman.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » August 18th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Sadira Jolstraer Aes Sedai, PSC
That drew a laugh from her. "There's a reason I did not become a Grey," she said easily. "My nephew did, though. I pointed him out earlier, Derren Asha'man. He chose the path of the Grey, and from all that he has told me, I do not envy his tasks in the least. I would have pulled out every strand of hair I had long ago."

She was too headstrong and stubborn to be a Grey, she knew that very well. But she wasn't headstrong and stubborn enough to be a Green like her mother. Hence, Blue, like her father.

"I'm not sure there are enough Greys in the world, between all the Towers, to make that happen, though." Her expression grew a little more sober. "I've seen enough of the world in my long years to know something of people. I don't know that we will possibly ever unite, until the Last Battle come..."
Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
The Yellow chuckled deeply. "Well, it's not that I don't understand the impulse," he said easily, having felt the protective father heart rear up in him just moments before. "But I think that might be a bit much. You can't go around challenging everyone who would be friends with her, or even dance with her." He smiled.
Brynmor Brook Gaidin, PSC
Even he would have to admit that, in his deepest heart of hearts, there was a fear for getting on the wrong side of Riahana...after all, she had held the highest Gaidin position in the Tower for many years and was a blademaster. She could filet him, and he wasn't eager for that, and her husband was the size of a mountain.

...and then. Miahala. He wanted to keep all of his pieces together.

However, he reasoned that they wouldn't try to kill him unless he somehow wronged her, yes? And he had no intention of doing so, so...he was probably safe. Besides, he wasn't one to run from any challenge.

"I am not afraid," he said with a small, crooked smile and a light in his blue eyes. "So I shall remain for so long as you wish me to."
Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow Aes Sedai, The Best Decision Ravak Ever Made
Mrs. Darrow flashed him a smile, feeling his sense of accomplishment. She knew how intimidating her family could be, and more how awkward it must have been for Ravak to deal with her adult children. But he had handled himself well, and she was just as glad for that as he was.

When determining who next to visit, she looked around. Riahana and Gareth were dancing, and there was clearly not even room for air left between them. Sadira was...nowhere to be found. And Tia was...also dancing, but Miahala didn't recognize with who. "Do you know who Tia is dancing with? Moves like a Gaidin."
Lysira Viathene Gaidin
Lysira, however, felt more compelled to make sure the girl was okay rather than return to the festivities. Not in the usual sense of a warder to a channeler, but simply...as a friend. 'I am fairly sure that the party will continue on very well without me,' she said with a small, wry smile.
Andraste Alhandra Aes Sedai
She leaned back against the rail, close beside him, and smiled as she took a long, deep breath of the cool air. "I imagine I will go out into the world, right some wrongs," she said with a glint in her dark eyes as she waved a hand, as though indicating the entire world in that one gesture. "What of you, Alric?"

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » August 18th, 2017, 10:59 pm

"I think we can all say that we are thankful that you chose Blue then" he stated with a small smile, watching her mother and her husband below.

It appeared they were searching for people, or at least looking around. Perhaps seeking their kin, it would make sense. They were quite secluded where they were though so he was fairly sure they would get through everyone else before finding them. Still he did like the vantage point, it was interesting to see what people were doing and trying to interpret.

"I never thought it should be easy anyway," he shrugged slightly, "if triumph is not a challenge then it means little, it seems. Even were we able to unite everyone it would not solve all problems. I'm pretty sure part of being in the Pattern is the striving. Challenge is what makes us who we are, without it we are never as good as we can be' If everything were easy it would be boring" he said thoughtfully.

"Although...I suppose we could get them all drunk and get a signature if you want an easy solution. I have enough wine for one meeting perhaps, could pool enough for two perhaps. If Derren ever needs it say the word"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » August 19th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Riahana Tomosan
Ria laughed softly, “I suppose not, and I am fairly sure Tia would not appreciate my efforts.” She looked back to her husband, “I shall leave him be for now.” She couldn’t help the slight smirk, “Besides, I do believe before I spotted them there was talk of us perhaps taking our leave and finding a bit of privacy.”

As if on queue, the quartet concluded the current piece and some of the dancers moved off the dance floor. Ria stepped back from Gareth and took both of his hands in hers, “I’m thinking perhaps now is as good a time as any, unless you’d like to partake in another adult beverage or another dance?”
Tia Sedai
Tia’s brows went up and her smile grew a bit broader, “There might be some who would tell you to be very afraid, but I’ll say my family is . . .mostly harmless.” She couldn’t help the small joke and laughed softly, “And I am glad for your company, Bryn. I wasn’t expecting to find such an exceptional dance partner tonight, and it’s been most enjoyable.”

As with all pieces of music, the one they were dancing to concluded, and some people shuffled off of the dance floor while others came on, waiting to see what the quartet would play next. She looked over to the musicians and saw they were preparing to play another piece. Tia found herself at a bit of a cross-roads. . .did she want to dance more, take a break to get a bit of wine and perhaps some appetizers, or perhaps get a bit of fresh air? She’d rather do any of those with Bryn than on her own, but she found herself somewhat torn between options. As music started up again, she asked, “Did. . .you want to dance more? Or. . .take a break?”

Bella

Post by Bella » August 20th, 2017, 6:54 pm

That drew a simple, outright laugh from the Blue. "You have enough wine for a meeting of the whole world?" she asked with a delighted sort of teasing in her blue eyes.
Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
"Another dance was just what I had in mind..." Gareth said with a smile as he led his wife off the dance floor, and out of the ballroom altogether.
The Gaidin almost lamented the conclusion of the music, since it might mean the lovely Green would wish to move on to different company. She said she was glad for his dancing company, and he believed her, but still... It was a big party and there were many members of her family here that she would undoubtedly wish to speak with.

However, as they stopped and parted, she asked him what he wanted.

That crooked smile returned. "I am happy to comply with whatever the lady should wish," he said with a small bow of his head. The musicians began again, this time a slower but more intricate piece than previous.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » August 20th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Her laughter was infectious and he was glad she had taken the time to spend with him. Her eyes flashed when she was amused he noticed, a strange thing to notice. Small details. He wondered if he would ever get that type of thinking from his head. Probably not, he reasoned.

"Oh I think I could find enough," he laughed, "I was not always a Gaidin" he said with an amused tone.

Strange how past lives could be useful, even if they were not the best of choices. Natyla had been more than correct and in many ways he wondered if she had taken the thoughts upon such things as far as he had. Perhaps but then perhaps she had better morals. When it came down to it he had decided that some rules didn't apply to their world, not the same as they did to the 'normal' world. If it took a little trickery to make sure that the Light won out in the end he'd make that sacrifice.

"Seems about right for politics anyway" he shrugged, "never liked the posturing. A bit of time spent like the common man with a hangover after would do them the world of good I think. At least they'd have something worthy of their complaints at least"
Last edited by Andy on August 26th, 2017, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » August 20th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Tia Sedai
The Gaidin smiled and the musicians started playing something a bit slower. Tia almost lost herself in his smile, though she found herself responding in kind, though hers was a bit on the shy side. As uncharacteristic as it might be, Tia couldn’t help but be who she was. She bit her lip for a moment as she looked to the musicians, and then back to Bryn, “I’ve not danced to a piece like this before. Most of what I’ve danced to had a higher tempo than this, and I’m not sure I would know what to do. . .but if you’d be willing to show me?”

She realized she’d started rambling a bit, and felt butterflies doing somersaults in her stomach, all of which caused her to blush once more. She cleared her throat, “What I mean to say is that I would love another dance with you, but I can’t promise I will be flawless.” Why did she feel so awkward all of a sudden?

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » August 23rd, 2017, 10:40 pm

Ravak
Ravak frowned thoughtfully as he observed Tia and... "Brynmor Brook. He's an Andoran. A swordsman; two weapons just like me. He seems very much on the Gaidin side of the Gaidin/Warder divide. Very happy to serve whomever needs protection without getting himself..." Whatever Ravak was going to say devolved into a wild grin instead. "Well, suffice to say, he's not as lucky as me."

Ravak turned back to face the best decision he ever made Miahala. "Let's not disturb them, shall we? Unless that's to be my first husbandly act, dragging Bryn away from Tia... or vice versa."
Zarayne
Zarayne was grateful that Lysira was going anywhere. Not that she verbalised that thought, nor signed it. Zee was happy just to be in the silence, away from the noise and all that it entailed. For brief moments, the Accepted had to check that Lysira was still there beside her; somehow the Gaidin moved quieter in shoes than Zarayne could ever manage in slippers.

The tiles beneath the women's feet faded from the multicoloured hue of all eight Ajahs into regular yellow designs. Zarayne's apartments weren't far from the heart of the Tower, and it didn't take long before the Accepted arrived at the door to her small room.

"Do you want to come in?" Zarayne asked. She looked slightly abashed. "I don't have any tea, and only the one chair, but I can sit on the bed..."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 31st, 2017, 9:01 pm

"You may well be correct about that," Sadira said, amusement still dancing in her eyes and her mouth still smiling. Could she recall the last time she had smiled and laughed so much in so short a span? The truth was that she couldn't. Not that she had been morose or in fury all the time, but she had not been so...light of heart in a long while.

When had she lost that woman? Was it when her beloved warder and beloved mother died in the same day? That seemed likely, but that was so long ago. Had that woman been lost all this time? She hadn't always been that way. Sadira hadn't any idea what this reception would be like, but she was glad she came.

She was glad she had met Alrim.
"Aes Sedai, I am not in the least concerned," he said, stepping back just enough to bow formally. Though with the long years of training as a Gaidin after having been a soldier before that, his eyes did not drop as he did so. In this case, they remained on the blue of Tia's gaze as he bowed and then rose again.

He closed the space between them once more as he took her hand and invited her back into hold.

Then he led them back into the slow circle of the dancers. In the end, fighting and dancing were really not very different and knowing how to do both helped the other. As long as she could move with him and follow his lead, he could draw her confidently around the floor.
Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow Aes Sedai
Mia listened to Ravak explain the young man--since everyone was 'young' to her--dancing with her kin. When his words turned into the grin, she looked back at him and returned the expression with a bright smile. That one that only he received. "No, I would not stand in their way. That girl needs to have some fun, and she seems to be enjoying the dance. I would rather not disturb them.

"And if he needs help with my dear girl, well, that's on him to handle. He is Gaidin." Her blue-green eyes danced with, dare we call it, mischief.
Lysira Viathene Gaidin
If there was one thing that Lysira did well, it was silence. She could sense that Zarayne needed the company, but there seemed to be no need for speaking. The Gaidin was happy to accommodate, since she was comfortable in silence. So many people were made uncomfortable by it, but not her.

When they reached the door to the Accepted's room, she looked at her.

'If you would wish my company further, I would be happy to stay and talk a while,' she offered. 'But I would not intrude further if you wish some solitude.'

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » September 4th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
"My dear girl." That sounded oddly like Mia was calling Tia her daughter, rather than her... Well, maybe everyone was her child. After all, she had been Amyrlin, and she had been Mother. Bit of a wrinkle that the Master (or Mistress) of Arms didn't garner that sort of entitlement.

"He is," Rav concurred as they meandered off. They didn't have to travel any distance before they were caught up in the next conversation with friends and family.
Zarayne
The Aielwoman shrugged which was not like her. Today had been draining. Now she was back in her room, she found herself unwinding and unravelling. Would she appreciate Lysira's company? Of course. And would she survive if she was left alone? No doubt.

Twisting the key in the lock, Zarayne pushed the door open. She stepped inside just to look back at Lysira, neither beckoning nor dismissing (as if she had a right to dismiss her). "It's up to you," she sighed, taking the bed.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik