May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

Post by Bella » July 29th, 2017, 12:07 am

Sadira Jolstraer Aes Sedai, PSC
Her eyes followed along the gaze of his as someone hurried off the dance floor. Sadira could not see who it was that rushed away, but she thought she saw Lysira--her near-sister--standing in the wake before pursuing the flash of red hair. It made her curious, of course, but she was sure that whatever it was, Lys would handle it.

So she turned back to Alrim and contemplated his question, but only for a moment. "I am quite the child of the Borderlands myself. My mother is Saldaean and my father was Shienaran, so I would highly recommend all of the lands of our birth. Saldaea is particularly lovely, and my own family--some generations removed--has a great expanse of horse farm.

"One of my favorite things to do is go home to visit just after foaling season, and then sit on the fence line and simply watch the young fillies and colts as they play."
Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
Who needed liquor when one could get such a warm, nearly buzzing sensation simply from a kiss and a conversation? Perhaps there was something in the air, as well. It was a wedding, after all, and that made for a joy that would permeate near everything.

To her question, he had to laugh. "Perhaps I was just waiting for you to ask me, my wife," he rumbled with amusement. "And were I to ask, would you say yes?" His pale eyes glinted as he took her hand and walked them to the floor. Dancing wasn't something he did often, but he wasn't ignorant of it and could lead her competently.
Brynmor Brook Gaidin, PSC
Bryn, for his part, spent a bit less time looking around than his dancing partner and more time studying her. It was a fairly ingrained habit of him to want to know as much about the people in his immediate vicinity, and of people to example... Well, Tia certainly was pleasant to do so with.

He felt the tone of the Green's figure as he held her waist, their other hands joined and held up with hers on his shoulder. She moved well, and he imagined her as a Green who spent time in the Yards. How had he not seen more of her, though?

"Would you believe I was born the son of a lord," he said with a small smile as he answered her question, although the smile did not have a huge amount of warmth. "To his mistress, but I was educated well all the same. Dancing was a part of that, since it is commonly called upon for events with such people. However, my path ultimately led here. I don't dance much here, but am glad when I can."

There were great swaths of his history that he chose to omit from that summary, but it was enough to answer what she wanted to know. "You move very well yourself, if I might say so."

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » July 31st, 2017, 5:52 pm

Riahana
More often than not, Riahana tended to be reserved in outward expression of emotions, but not this night. It was an evening of celebration, happiness and love, and the Gaidin intended to soak up as much of it all that she could. Her amusement was evident not just in her smile, but the sparkle of her eyes.

“You have been married to me long enough that I should hope you know the answer to that question, my heart. When have you ever known a Sha’hal to turn down an offer to dance, hmm?” She tilted her head as her lips twitched into more of a smirk than smile as the pair reached the dance floor.

Those who only saw her in the Yards might not think Ria would be one to dance, but as has been stated, she was a Sha’hal. . .it was almost mandatory. As his hand slipped around her waist, she followed suit and not a moment later, Gareth and Ria joined those already in the midst of dancing. It had been far too long since she’d last danced with her husband, “It is too bad we can’t have such occasions more often. I find I’ve missed dancing with you.”
Tia Sedai
Tia was not your typical Aes Sedai, and in such social situations, she hadn’t really mastered the Aes Sedai Facade...not that she wanted to, if she were honest. Both brows went up in surprise, “I am not sure I have ever met the son of a lord. Mind, being daughter to a Gaidin and Asha’man comes with its own educational advantages.”

The pair turned and spun, Tia following as he led. She laughed softly as he pulled her back close, her gaze once again on his, “Thank you for the complement. My parents are mostly responsible for my talents on the dance floor, though there are some great aunts and great uncles who also had a part in it all. Believe it or not, you are the first person outside of my family I’ve ever danced with.”

The Green Sister felt oddly secure in his arms as they continued to dance, and wondered how such a thing could be given they’d only just met? Once again, she felt herself flush, and her smile turned somewhat shy.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Post by Locke » August 1st, 2017, 1:59 am

AAAAAAA
The dance was becoming a meditation of sorts. Similar to practicing the forms while floating in the Void. Practiced steps mixed with self expression, a dialogue between the two dancers. They flowed like two flowers on a stream, twirling apart and drawing back together. Eventually, like all things, the music came to an end. While couples stepped apart, bowing and curtseying to each other.

For a long moment after the music stopped, Alric continued holding her. “Oh, my apologizes,” Alric said realizing the moment had slid beyond formality. He stepped back, the scent of roses lingering in his nostrils. As he gave her his precise bow, he brushed his lips across the back of her hand on a whim.
Nas
Nas let out a snort that quickly grew into uncontrollable giggles. “Tell me about it, girl. Ever been below decks on a ship? The closest thing any of these guys had seen to a bath in ages was a brisk rain or scrubbing barnacles.” Her laugh took on a guilty quality, “No, I shouldn’t judge too much. Nobody bathes much on a ship.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » August 2nd, 2017, 2:34 am

Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
For his part, Gareth was only a Sha'hal by marriage lines so he had no such obligation or training to dance. He had learned over the years and was competent, though none would call him any great prodigy. That was just fine by him, however, because he did not seek to be. He only ever wanted to be able to dance with his wife.

And he did. He chuckled at what she said. "If it were to happen too often, however, I fear we would come to appreciate the occasions less," he commented lightly.
Brynmor Brook Gaidin, PSC
Was she...blushing? He couldn't be sure. There was a clear tint to her cheeks, but perhaps it was the heat of the crowd... Her smile, however, was something else. Shy? It was a fair guess, but he didn't know her enough to be sure.

"I am honored, then," he said with a small, crooked smile of his own once he realized he had been staring too long in his examination of her features and expression. Her face was easy to get lost in, though, so he wasn't going to be too harsh on himself. He just didn't want to embarrass himself either. "I hope that you find me an adequate dancing replacement to your esteemed family." His blue eyes danced.
Andraste Alhandra Aes Sedai
Being a fairly bright and observant woman, she did not miss how long he held her after the song ended...and his kiss to her hand only punctuated that point. She flashed a smile at him, feeling a faint warmth settling inside her that she hadn't felt in a long while. "There is no need to apologize," she said simply.

Andra took a moment to let her dark eyes roam around them before turning back to her. "Would you care for another dance, or should we step off the floor? Perhaps for a drink and a little more conversation, should a quieter corner be available."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » August 2nd, 2017, 4:04 pm

Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
It didn't take the political acumen of a Tairen noble to recognise the subtle shift of lines on Haeden's face when he turned from his mother onto her husband. Ravak saw the change and wasn't surprised. Even if they knew this was happening, it was still awkward. And who feels the most awkward here? Not Mia based on the warmth of her feelings through the bond. Ravak did his best to absorb his wife's disposition.

Even as Mia was gently chiding her son, Ravak nodded at the comment about sisters. Not that Elia was in any state to dance, but it would have been awkward. There, that word again. Hopefully things would cease being awkward soon.

"The lady is a gem," Ravak replied. To someone else he may have referenced his threat of hoisting her over his shoulder, but Haeden was not the target audience for that remark. He turned to face Mia, but continued to speak to Haeden. "Beautiful, eternal, and unyielding. Or maybe that's just Saldaeans." Rav grinned.

Ravak moved his attention back to Haeden. "We should get together once we're back from our honeymoon. I would pick your brain for tips on how to 'handle the lady'."
Zarayne
She did get far away from the ballroom before dipping into an alcove. She barely registered there was a chair there before she dropped into it. Sinking her face into her hands, Zarayne trembled. Silent hiccups filled her throat as she fought away tears. She couldn't fight away the rising heat in her cheeks however, nor the incessant pounding in her ribcage.

Emotions flooded through her body, but her mind was clear. 'What did you think was going to happen today?' a scornful voice criticised. Zarayne knew she was being childish, but it didn't stop her from hoping this day wasn't happening. 'Maybe something will go wrong?' More wishful thinking.

Pulling her hands back, she raked her long fingers through her hair. Zarayne wouldn't have been surprised if someone had pleated them into two long braids. This was not how a daughter reacted to her father's wedding, no matter who the bride was.

"Da'tsang," she cursed.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » August 2nd, 2017, 5:39 pm

He didn't even bother to try to suppress the smile and the soft laughter that bubbled up at her words about the foals. Indeed it was a family trait apparently but also it was more than that. He wasn't laughing at her at all but at the Tower in general. It was ever the paradox to him. So many cold and distant channelers with a few diamonds glittering between the throng - though a sapphire would be more apt in Sadira's case. How long had it stood and how little had it effected the world on the grand stage. What could it have achieved had it been filled with those such as Sadira and others?

"A warm heart to match the smile," he told her as they stepped, twirling her in time to the music, "I am glad. Don't tell them I said this but most of the Aes Sedai and Asha'man are more stone than Gaidin"

He had once said that the only way the Tower could change the world, truly change it for the better, was to integrate and relate with it. He stood by that and it filled him with a sense of hope that there were souls like hers there to at least try on some level whilst staying more themselves than a statue.

"I have never seen such play but simple things are what the world is made of really," he mused aloud, "a good ale and company by a fire, the simple silence without discomfort that friendship brings, the shine of the dawn light upon the dew of the grass"

"Nonsense to some, perhaps, but I think the people we are supposed to look after, to protect, have little else to hold to but the little things. Would that there were more"

He knew too well how it felt to have nothing else but the small things and he had lived far from the hardest of lives. Perhaps, he reasoned, with his coin and whatever else he made he could change that. At least in some places. But the music was fading for the dance, he had lost count of the number that they had danced through whilst talking. It slowed, stopped and he bowed as was custom.

"I would say I was acceptably average for the occasion. You were far better, of course. Would you care to retire to the fringes once more to pass the time or have I taken you too long from the revelries already?"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella

Post by Bella » August 4th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Haeden Ives Gaidin
"You absolutely will not!" Mia exclaimed, but the warmth and laughter in her tones were impossible to miss, even were it a stranger stood there instead of her son and husband.

At this, Haeden turned his first truer smile in Ravak's direction. "I would be happy to," he said easily.

Merry wars of words were natural between this mother and her children, all of her family really, though it was a side that many in the Tower did not get to see. Although it was practically on display for any and all to see on this day, so it certainly wouldn't live as much of a secret in the future. Maybe that was okay.

The Gaidin turned his eyes back to his mother. "We are family now, are we not? I think it would be in your best interest to give us something to come together over."

"At my expense?" Mia returned easily, arching a dark brow.

"If need be," Haeden said, spreading his hands slightly. "You would not deny your son nor your husband such things, would you?"

She narrowed her eyes slightly, but said nothing.

The blond Gaidin cast a small smile at Ravak. Maybe it would be okay, after all.
Lysira Viathene Gaidin
It hardly took the expertise of a skilled tracker to locate the runaway Accepted. Lysira had not been running, though her walk had been swift. Now she slowed as she approached, hearing Zarayne's emotion. She debated whether she should leave her alone, debated again as it were, but couldn't seem to help herself.

Lysira purposefully made her footsteps audible, knowing her propensity for silence even when she did not intend it, and walked to the alcove. She came to kneel in front of where the girl sat, looking up at her with the glittering black eyes and slight head-tilt that had, long ago, earned her the nickname 'Mouse.'

She did not say anything, though, and would let the girl speak first, or send her away. As she best needed.
Sadira Jolstraer Aes Sedai, PSC
Some Aes Sedai aged and lost sight of the small things, while some aged and become more acutely aware of them. For some decades, Sadie had felt herself being pulled toward the former...but then her mother died, and she became something of a mother to her half-brother. He entered the Yards shortly after Mia's death, but Sadira still mothered him somewhat.

That was when she really began to appreciate the small things. Parts of her that had died along with her warder, and then with her mother, came alive again.

Now she was able to better understand what Alrim now meant when he spoke of the small things, and what he appreciated. She better understood why her mother, at her age and with her life, would choose to marry again. She understood many things that maybe, many years ago, she would not have.

She returned his bow with a slight curtsy of her own, as was good manners, and then gestured to the sides. "There is no one in great need of my aid," she said. "So unless you wish to be finished with my company, I would be happy to find somewhere to continue out conversation."

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » August 6th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Riahana
Riahana laughed softly as they turned and stepped across the dancefloor, “Perhaps we would at that.” The Gaidin didn’t take her eyes off of her husband’s, as the pair continued to dance. She was his Warder and his safety was her primary concern. He was also her husband, and despite her talents and skill as a Gaidin, she always felt ‘safe’ when she was in his arms.

The warmth that resonated through the bond was about as heady as being tipsy, and Ria revelled in the moment. She couldn’t help but smirk as Gareth spun her then pulled her close once more, “As much as I am enjoying the celebration, there is a part of me that is looking forward to us returning to our quarters.” She wiggled her eyebrows and her smirk broadening a bit.
Tia Sedai
The intensity of Brynmor’s gaze was something Tia could lose herself in, and seemingly did as it almost caught her off guard when he spoke again. She gave a soft laugh and looked down for a moment before meeting his eyes once more. “You are more than adequate, Bryn,” she confirmed.

“Dancing with one’s family is fine for learning the mechanics of it, but well, dancing with you is…”she trailed off for a moment. She felt heat on her cheeks, and knew she was blushing. She laughed softly and met his intense gaze once more, “Dancing with you is most enjoyable.” How could she be so comfortable in his arms when she’d only known him for a handful of minutes?
Paks Liard
Paks laughed softly and shook her head, “I’ve never been on a ship, so no, I’ve never been below decks. I will take your word for it, though, as I don’t think it’s something I’d like to encounter.” The quartet closed the piece and those on the dance floor started to scatter, she and Nas amongst their numbers.

A servant walked by holding a tray of sparkling wine. Paks took two glasses, handing one to Nas, “Kudos to you for tossing caution to the wind and asking me to dance. I dare say, though, that you should try with someone else, too.” The Drin scanned the room, and saw another young woman standing by herself on the edge of the dancefloor. Her dark complexion stood in stark contrast to the green dress she wore.

Nodding in the unknown woman’s direction, Paks encouraged, “What about her? I’m sure she’d love the chance to dance with someone like you.”

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » August 6th, 2017, 10:18 pm

"I would never wish to be finished with such pleasant company. Let's find somewhere less busy, perhaps a balcony" he offered his arm to her, an old vestige of tutoring long ago.

Strange how mannerisms were the first to be forgotten. Perhaps it was because your manner only mattered in the moment, he reasoned. Yet he would not have it said he made a terrible impression upon someone as special as she. She had a manner about her that intrigued him, made him smile, and she was certainly one of the better ones. It was simple enough to navigate their way out of the throng though towards the edge he had to catch one inebriated guest with his free hand before they stumbled to the ground face first.

"Something tells me there will be more than several stories of the events of this day within the week. Perhaps I will gather them together into a book. I bet they will be quite amusing and legends should be created for fun sometimes" he said as they broke into some free space.

"I don't know much about horses but I do like to watch people. They are funny creatures. Where to, Lady Jolstraer?" he asked her now they had the luxury of breathing space.

Now that they were once more towards the fringes he could see the telltale signs of a day well enjoyed. More were sitting than before and more than a handful were leaning against stone walls having chosen their company or forgetting everyone else in their canoodling. Human nature continued to amuse him. Given another few hours he felt sure there would probably even be some who had fallen asleep at tables too.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » August 7th, 2017, 12:17 am

Zarayne
Composure had slipped from Zarayne's grasp, never to be seen again. Even as Lysira came to kneel before her, Zarayne couldn't make herself act properly. Her fingers just balled into fists, gripping her hair tighter. She stared at Lysira, as if a look alone could convey all that was going on in the Accepted's head.

"I can't pretend any more," Zarayne hissed. "I'm not a wetlander, and I can't pretend to be one, and I can't pretend that this is fine." She pulled back on her hair violently. "He said we were a family, and then he does this. I barely have a sister, and my father's sister may as well be a stranger. The last of my family is being stripped away and-"

Zarayne slumped forward, pressing the palms of her hands into her eye sockets. The pain helped her to focus on what was important, and it aided in keeping shameful tears from forming.

"Am I supposed to be fine with this? Once more discarded." She dragged her hands back away from her eyes, raking her nails across her scalp. Zarayne blinked back tears as she sought out Lysira's face. "Only a fool lets herself be tricked twice."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik