May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: May I Present...Ravhala [Attn: Anyone Who Is Interested]

Post by Bella » September 7th, 2017, 2:36 am

Lysira Viathene Gaidin
As was her way, Lysira watched and listened. Her dark eyes missed little, and her keen hearing missed even less. Although she could not say she was a master of interpreting people, she thought her many years living alone by her wits followed by decades as Gaidin gave her something of a leg up on reading people.

She couldn't help but think the Accepted looked a little...lost, and certainly tired.

Lysira contemplated for a moment before stepping in and finding a seat on the sole chair in the room. 'I shall stay a little while,' she signed, thinking the younger woman looked like she needed the company a while longer. It was not yet that late so sleeping was not at issue, though the Gaidin was tempted to recommend it anyways.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » September 9th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia couldn’t help but smile broadly as he bowed before her. At least one of them wasn’t concerned. Being a Sha’hal meant Tia was graceful by nature, but she knew slower dances tended to be a bit more. . .intimate in nature. She would, of course, do her best to follow his lead.

As he took her hand, she stepped into his arms once more as the pair stepped back onto the dancefloor. The slower music seemed to change the mood of those on the dancefloor, though Tia had eyes only for Bryn in that moment. She was very aware of how he guided her, where his hand was on her back, and how he changed what pressure he applied to help give her cues to turn.

Out she spun away from him before he pulled her back close and the two turned together, following the mass of other dancers. While they’d chatted during their first dance, Tia found herself lost for words. Her nerves would often get the best of her, and she’d chatter away, but for now, she was more than content to enjoy the moment and the dance.

Too soon, the song came to an end, yet Tia found she wasn’t quite ready to leave his arms. Giving a somewhat shy smile, she teased, “Well, I didn’t step on your feet. I’d call that a win.”

Bella

Post by Bella » September 11th, 2017, 2:04 am

Brynmor Brook Gaidin, PSC
Bryn smiled that small, slightly crooked, seemingly knowing smile that he had. He was relieved that she seemed reluctant to leave his hold, since he found himself oddly reluctant to release her. Perhaps there was something in the air... It was a wedding reception, after all, with the happy couple meandering around.

"I would certainly call it a win as well," he said lightly, although something in his tone suggested he meant more than that. "I hope you don't have any other dance partners waiting on you, and forcing me to relinquish the next song..."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » September 11th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Zarayne
She'd taken the bed as simply somewhere to sit, but now sat upon it, Zarayne found herself tempted to sink into it. She avoided beds whenever possible, preferring the security of a firm floor, but she was tired, physically and emotionally. It was sorely tempting just to fall sideways and drift off to sleep. Except there was Lysira, who just borne witness to Zarayne's anguish in the light of the day's events. Zee couldn't take that back, and the time needed to calculate the weight of that shame would need to wait until tomorrow.

Zarayne closed her eyes. On the back of her eyelids she could picture the last time she'd truly shamed herself. She counted everyone of those days where her mother would look straight through her, not seeing her as a daughter but merely as a gai'shain. She felt like she suffered that look from many of the other denizens of the Tower, although their connection to her was not so personal. Would she receive that same lack of address from her father now?

Opening her eyes, the Aielwoman looked across the room at Lysira. She had no idea what to do or say to the Gaidin. Zarayne wasn't looking for a surrogate mother to comfort her (plus, I'm already up one mother today). And what could they speak of after what had transpired? The weather?

"I don't know what I'm doing with my life," Zarayne sighed. It was a struggle not to flop down on her bed dramatically. "What am I doing here? Am I even making a difference, or will I make a difference? Does the world need another Accepted, or even an Aes Sedai?"
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 12th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Lysira Viathene Gaidin
The questions she asked were not uncommon to women in her age and position, but Lys was also smart enough to know that pointing that fact out would not in the least help. She had been that age once herself, but in her case, she hadn't wondered. That was only because she knew she had nowhere else to go, and she had created a family for herself.

Zarayne had a family, somewhat, but didn't know her place in it. That was a different beast, and not one Lysira could solve.

'The thing I have learned in my life is that we all make a difference,' she signed. The girl looked tired, and the Gaidin determined that she would not remain long. Zarayne needed sleep. 'The irony is that we rarely get to see what that difference is. If we ever do, it's much later along. But we do. The world needs you, as does the Tower. You make a difference in being here, even if you can't see it.'

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » September 13th, 2017, 11:19 pm

Zarayne
Zarayne pulled her feet up onto the mattress, hugging her knees close to her chest. She feigned a unconvincing smile in response to Lysira's advice. There had to be plenty of irony in this situation because Zee really didn't see how this difference was manifesting herself. She felt incredibly average and unremarkable as an Accepted (although she recognised that being an Accepted was somewhat incredible in its own right). There was no point going over how included she felt with her family here. Honestly, if it wasn't for the facts that she was Aiel and that she helped Lysira on occasion, there would be little to distinguish her from anyone else.

"I'll have to take your word on that," she said regretful. There was no question from the tone of her voice that Zarayne honestly believed any of it for herself. Maybe Lysira had found a way to make a difference, but Zarayne had not. A few Indigos had tested her for various Talents, but it seemed like Zarayne of Shienar was both talentless and Talentless.

Raking long fingers through her hair, she let out a brief sigh. "Sorry, I'm bad company today."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 14th, 2017, 1:56 am

Lysira Viathene Gaidin Lysira smiled a small but sympathetic smile. 'We all have those days, she signed. 'Perhaps a night's sleep would be of a benefit?'
Spoiler: show
OOC: Short, sucky post is short and sucky. >.> Wrap this part up?

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » September 17th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia’s shy smile broadened and she gave a soft, breathy laugh as she looked down for a moment, shaking her head, “I have no other dance partners waiting on me.” When she looked up, the shy smile turned warm, “And truth be told, if I did, I’d have to excuse myself since I’m not sure I’m ready for you to relinquish me.”

A split second later, she realized what she said, and how it might sound. Her cheeks flushed and she gave a nervous laugh as she looked away, “What I mean to say is that. . .I’m enjoying your company, Bryn. Whether we dance or get some air, I don’t mind as long as we can continue to enjoy one another’s company.” It wasn’t a graceful save, as they go, but it was a save, nonetheless.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 17th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Brynmore Brook Gaidin, PSC
Her slip made him smile, even if she saved it after just a moment. The look that flashed through her eyes, however, told the story of the fact that it was a slip. A moment of too much honesty, but he was grateful. He inclined his head to her and then he gestured toward a balcony that was free. "I'm glad to hear the feeling is mutual," he said smoothly. "Shall we?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik