Friends and Lovers (Elan)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: Friends and Lovers (Elan)

Post by Sunny » August 4th, 2017, 10:43 pm

Jaryd
“I keep wanting to ask you to stay safe, but that’s hardly in the job description of a Red, now, is it.” Fingers in his hair rendered immediate response impossible, waves of lazy warmth and joy radiating through Jaryd's mind like summer sun. He closed his eyes and relaxed, the ever-present tension in his wiry body leaching away until he thought he might melt into the bed and disappear. His exhaustion bled through the pleasant haze, but it did not reduce his sense of total ease.

Jaren’s comment floated there with him. The Andoran had always been selfless and quietly brave in his words and actions, but to have such caring directed at him took Jaryd’s breath away. An order or a demand might have led to sharp words and conflict, but that quiet concern...the Red found himself wanting to soothe away his lover’s fear, and frustrated that he could not.

When he finally spoke, the Altaran’s voice was a low, almost wistful, murmur. “The Red Ajah does what it does. For me...I am a street rat with a dream...one that will drive me until I die for it, Jaren. That is all I have ever been and all I ever will be. I accepted the consequences for myself long ago, but it is much harder to accept that they may apply to-” His eyes fluttered open and he studied the other man’s face thoughtfully. “To the man I love.” The force of feeling behind that simple statement took him by surprise; he took a shaky breath before continuing.

“I cannot promise to be safe; I would break that vow inside a week. However, if you insist on staying with me,” and his voice made it clear how very much he appreciated that decision, “the least I can do is promise to talk to you before I do anything profoundly unwise. Does that suffice?”
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Jaren Marle, Asha'man
SC: Mael Akashi, Asha'man
TC: Delaine Taborwin, Novice
QC: Valentin Akashi, Soldier

Re: Friends and Lovers (Elan)

Post by Elan » August 6th, 2017, 9:21 am

Jaren
Jaren watched his lover as the dark eyes closed, wanting to impress the moment on his memory, to treasure it forever. Seeing Jaryd so relaxed, content… so happy… Light, that was everything. And the idea that Jaren himself was in large part the cause for such happiness was downright humbling. He could remember a time when he’d thought of Jaryd as out of reach, unattainable… all but untouchable, at least for the likes of him. Surely Jaren wasn’t unique; surely there were others who would have loved the Red, who would be here in his place if they could…

And yet somehow it was Jaren who now lay here next to Jaryd, running his fingers through the dark curls; somehow, Jaryd had chosen him. Somehow, this was real.

When Jaryd spoke again, it took Jaren a moment to process the words; the subject matter was so far removed from the comfort and safety of the bubble of happiness they seemed to be enclosed in. “I am a street rat with a dream… one that will drive me until I die for it,” the Red was saying.

To hear Jaryd speak so matter-of-factly about his death in the line of duty, as if it was only a matter of time until that dream got him killed, as if it was something he almost expected to happen sooner rather than later… It brought a twinge of pain but Jaren was able to push that reaction aside; he knew Jaryd wouldn’t needlessly throw his life away, not now, and that would be good enough.

As if reading his mind, Jaryd spoke again; “…if you insist on staying with me, the least I can do is promise to talk to you before I do anything profoundly unwise. Does that suffice?”

The words made Jaren smile again. “Yes,” he whispered. “Yes and yes.” He wouldn’t have demanded such… such consideration — Jaryd’s work was his own, and Jaren wasn’t even of the Red Ajah — and that Jaryd would offer it out of his own free will made it all the more precious. And he knew Jaryd would keep his promise. “Thank you.”

And then the space between them was suddenly more than he could bear. He reached for Jaryd, drawing the other man close and bringing their mouths together once more in a kiss that tread the line between lazy comfort and passion. It still filled him with wonder that this was something he could do… though he could certainly get used to this.

“Tell me, my love,” he murmured against Jaryd’s lips, “are you… very tired or do you think you could convince me again that you’re truly real?”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik