Diving into a New Life [Attn: Jaryd Kosari Asha'man]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Diving into a New Life [Attn: Jaryd Kosari Asha'man]

Post by Bella » July 1st, 2017, 4:06 pm

[subtitle]Andraste Alhandra Aes Sedai[/subtitle]
It seemed to her that she was walking through the halls with piles of papers in her arms a lot these days. Was this the life of an Aes Sedai after all? Had all the legends and stories been lies? Her suspicions were starting to grow, but she set them aside for the time being because she had found something more that she needed to talk to someone about.

This seemed...very specific, and like she needed to bring it to a very specific person.

She arrived at the door of the Master of Soldiers just in time to see a somewhat chastised young man walking away. She did not recognize him, but then, the years had moved her away from each rank with her passing. Letting him walk by her without his even look up, she then turned to the shut door and knocked.

When she heard, 'Enter,' she slipped inside and peered around to find Jaryd. "Do you have a moment?" she asked lightly.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: Diving into a New Life [Attn: Jaryd Kosari Asha'man]

Post by Sunny » July 4th, 2017, 6:03 am

Jaryd dismissed Termaine, then settled back in his seat. He had just reached for a book on the side table when someone knocked. The Asha’man glanced up at the clock and frowned. At this time of day his charges should be in classes or doing chores, and none of his usual crop of regular visitors should be without supervision. So who is it? He set the closed book in his lap and released the Ward on his door. “Enter.”

He had not expected the woman who entered in the slightest, but his smile of welcome was unfeigned. “Andraste!” The Asha’man grinned, flows of Air divesting a chair of a variety of stacked objects as he spoke. He gestured for the younger woman to sit as he spoke again. “Of course I do, sit please. How is life as an Aes Sedai treating you?” It was good to have a friend in his Ajah once more.
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 6th, 2017, 1:37 am

Andra flashed him a smile as she walked the rest of the way inside the office and shut the door behind her. She held the stack of parchments and the book close to her chest as she took the seat he cleared for her, nodding with a quiet "thank you" and then smoothing her skirts, setting everything on top of her lap.

"It's treating me well enough, I would think," she said with an easy laugh, "although with more reading and books and papers than I ever would've guessed. However, I realize as the newest member of the Ajah, dues must be paid."

She at least could know that of all the rooms to speak about a delicate subject, this would be one of the safest places to do it. Jaryd's abilities with wards were well-known even to her, and she was sure that his office was taken care of as much as anywhere. "Which is what brings me to your office today." She gestured to the book and papers in her lap.

"Some of these have come from a variety of sources, and I have some papers that apparently once belonged to the Green. I'm not really sure how they ended up in my hands, but here they are. I found a reference to..." She hesitated for a moment, but she remembered hearing the name at the dreadful ball such a time ago. "...to the First Blade.

"Here's the thing, it was mentioned in a notation from the time when Jel'viendha Sedai was the Captain-General. Back when Miahala Sedai was being raised." Otherwise known as for-freaking-ever ago.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am

Jaryd sat up straight. “The First Blade,” he said in a flat voice. Although he had been wrapped up in events at the Black Tower and Marisa’s reappearance as a bloody Dreadlord, his efforts to help Miahala track the shadowy figure who had masterminded Seira’s death had not ceased.

Andraste had had his full attention already, but now his brows drew together, dark eyes fixed on the papers in her lap. How DID she get that? After a moment he pushed the thought away. If he stole records from the Thirteen Repository to supplement his research he could hardly judge his Sister’s methods or sources. Hypocrisy had never been a favorite trait.

“The First Blade,” he repeated, “in records obtained from the Green Ajah? Curious. What does it say?” He sat forward, head tilted slightly as his thoughts raced. A moment alter he added, “Did Jel’viendha write it herself?”
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » September 7th, 2017, 2:11 am

While she knew that she was Aes Sedai, and a Red at that, the idea of such an evil having walked the land for so very long without being removed...well, it was unnerving. She did her best to suppress that feeling, of course, because it served her no purpose here. Again, she was Aes Sedai. She had to remember to act like it.

"That's the thing," she said with a slight knit to her brows. "It doesn't, exactly, say anything."

Andra handed the parchment to him. Once it was in his hand, she pointed to it. "It's just a notation on this one paper, which I think came out of a collection of others. I'm not sure it was meant to be included in what was sent to me, or included in the archives at all. This section refers to an Aes Sedai who left on a mission never to return. That's all it says.

"However, there--" She pointed to a diagonally scrawled note. "--is says, 'The First Blade?' and that's it. I don't know who wrote it, although it could well have been Jel'viendha Sedai. She's referenced in some other parts on the page."

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » September 12th, 2017, 6:02 am

Jaryd lifted an eyebrow as Andraste spoke, his fingers taking the paper even though his eyes remained on her face. Only once she stopped speaking did he look down, scanning the page quickly, turning it over, then turning it back once more.

“Different handwriting,” he commented thoughtfully. “Might be the same person, but I wouldn’t bet my dinner on it.” A long finger traced the ‘F’ delicately, then shifted to point out another in the main passage. “See? Even written in haste the letters would bear some similarity. These two are quite different.”

He frowned a little. “Most of my personal notes are focused on the last fifty years,” he continued, “this Aes Sedai disappeared long before even my oldest records. However...Miahala might know something. Even if she wasn’t personally aware of the disappearance, she may be able to find something in the Green Ajah’s private records that would help us determine if the First Blade had something to do with it.”

He handed the paper back. “Can we approach her about this matter?” What he really meant, of course, was whether revealing Andraste’s possession of that record would come with unfortunate consequences.
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » September 12th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Andra met his dark eyes, considering his words since she instantly knew that they meant more than the obvious. If she had stuck with the obvious, her response would've been something like, "Why not?" It occurred to her in short order, however, that he may have considered her possession of this paper to be...less than proper.

"I think speaking with Miahala Sedai would be a good idea," she said to put his mind at ease. She'd had no hand in this page ending up with her papers, so she had no fear of asking about it. Well, okay, maybe a little fear of the Captain-General in a very general sense, but that was another matter entirely.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik