Dust, Desks and Deliberation [Open]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Dust, Desks and Deliberation [Open]

Post by Andy » July 19th, 2017, 4:23 pm

"I could travel alone, but it would be foolish. I can fight many things but rogue channelers, Darkhounds...there are things I cannot fight and I would not lie to begin my life by getting killed" he sighed and considered her words.

It was true that he did not have to Bond and if he were honest none had really seen fit to show much interest. Nothing official had been stated, no conversations had. He wasn't even sure he would be seen as a prize catch, so to speak. Yet it seemed a slightly less fulfilled life. He wasn't going to rush into anything but Gaidin were Gaidin. Their purpose, the reason for them being invented as he understood it, was to Bond. Still, Liaran was a nice Aes Sedai and he owed her words deeper thought for that.

"You are correct, and perhaps I won't. But it is an option for the future and everyone needs company from time to time. Perhaps I will simply help all channelers out when required. Either way, if anyone ever became interested I would listen to the proposal. I truly don't know what will become of me but I try to keep all streets open" he told her with a soft smile.

He leaned forwards upon his elbows as he listened intently to Liaran speak about causes and their foundations. He was genuinely interested and he wanted to expand his knowledge upon all Ajahs. It seemed the right thing to do and he had noted that politics seemed to seep everywhere at the highest of ranks. Prudence dictated he had some basic knowledge at least. He did note that she seemed uncomfortable for some reason, tugging on her sleeve as if she didn't want to tell him what he had asked. He would not have pressed her but he did grin as her words came out.

"I would think it would be world changing. A world without fear is something worth fighting for. Not to mention that the One Power can build entire cities without the need for machines. Or cause crops t grow to prevent starvation. And so on. The more there are of you, it seems to me, the better things may one day become" he spoke slowly, thoughtfully.

He tilted his head at her question and drummed his fingers upon the table before them a few times before answering. It was both an easy and a hard question to answer.

"I would change it so that the Blight rolled back and all Shadowspawn died and none had to suffer for its existence any longer. If I could. Then again...I am not the Dragon Reborn and good as I may be I cannot destroy armies by myself" he chuckled and eyed her for a few moments.

"Truthfully I would make sure that those who suffer already are looked after and provided for. I spend time at the Orphanage already and when I become Gaidin I would be happy to hunt all lands to protect those who might be targets. I suppose I would also like to bring joy to the world where I could. There is not enough of it. I am not sure how I would accomplish all of that but perhaps that isn't the point. The point is to try"

"I wish you the best of luck with your cause Liaran, if I might be of service one day to help bring it about then please call upon me. It is a worthy one in my eyes, if that is worth much. Perhaps your guidance will one day help me find my own," he smiled and pushed himself to his feet, "it was a pleasure to meet an Aes Sedai such as yourself, but the Master of Training had his conditions and I must meet them or pay the price" he bowed his head as was proper and did so willingly, "if you ever wish for further conversation it would be a pleasure. Fair winds, Liaran Sedai" he turned and made his way out of the Library.

He reflected, as he headed towards the Yards, that perhaps she was right to choose something small. Large things always had fighters. Small things tended to be trodden underfoot.

Spoiler: show
OOC: It felt like a natural ending point, if you want me to edit to continue let me know. :)
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik