Fancy Meeting You Here [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Fancy Meeting You Here [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Bella » February 4th, 2018, 2:43 am

His request was rewarded with another smile. Was it his imagination, or did that one seem to come a little easier?

"I may have," he agreed easily, "and I imagine when I see her, I will remember if I have. Although..." He hesitated and then chuckled again self-consciously. "I don't know how much time you spend in the Warder Yards. If she's not around there, I may not have seen her. I pretty much seem to live there. They've threatened to put in a bed."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » February 6th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Liaran
"Oh, then you probably haven't seen her," Liaran said. "I rarely have reason to be there, and Shadow knows she's not allowed." She considered herself very lucky that the dog was smart enough to learn where in the Tower she could and could not go, even if it had taken quite a while to teach her. She thought about it, then said, "I don't think she's ever disobeyed, or I'm sure I would have heard how much trouble she was."

It occurred to her that Haeden probably thought by now that she did nothing but work and play with her dog, and that was closer to being true than Liaran wanted to admit. She changed the subject to what Haeden had said about his time in the Warder Yards, saying, "You must enjoy your work if you're there so often." As she said it, she thought it sounded rather dumb, and Liaran looked down at her hands. Dumb statement or not, she hoped it was at least accurate. She spent much of her time working herself, and it wasn't because she liked it, but because she needed the distraction. She didn't want to think that was true of anyone else.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 9th, 2018, 11:38 pm

Haeden stopped himself from replying right away, because he knew immediately that it would be the rote reply he gave to just anyone, and he already knew that wasn't the sort of reply he wanted to give to her. So he took a moment to think about it, and decide how much of the truth he did want to tell.

Some part of him wanted to say all of it, but for many reasons, he held his tongue.

"I do," he said, and it was true. "Because I'm not bonded, it's easy for me to remain a consistent trainer so I work with a lot of the young ones, and I enjoy that. I'm the son of a Gaidin and a Green, raised here in the Tower, so I can speak to its virtues and its flaws with a great deal of knowledge. I like to think I'm making an impact on future generations of warders."

Hoping to make them as good at being Gaidin as my father was. If only he could've been a better father.

Then the rest of what he chose to admit... "But I probably don't need to be there as much as I am for that, but I'll admit I don't have much of a personal life. It's something my mother and sister remind me of to no end at times, worried I'll become a recluse or some such. I say they worry too much, though some days, I'm less sure of that."

Okay, maybe that was a little more than he'd originally intended, but there it was.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 11th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Liaran
It interested Liaran that Haeden enjoyed working with the students in the Yards, and the Aes Sedai found herself nodding. "I'm sure you are," she said in response, "though there are probably days when it doesn't seem like it." She knew that to be true from the time, now past, in which she had been teaching. There had been days when everything went well, and others during which she could barely maintain order, and both were just part of it. The memories weren't easy ones for her, as Liaran still missed it terribly, and as she became caught up in them, Liaran couldn't make herself look away from the table. "I used to teach sometimes," she said, then heard how sad she sounded and decided it would really be best not to say anything else on that subject.

She hoped Haeden hadn't noticed, and struggled to continue on to something else. "I'm sure your mother and sister only worry because they care about you," she finally said. "It isn't good not to live life outside of work." Only seconds passed before Liaran decided that sounded far more like a lecture than it should have. She winced, wondering how badly she'd just offended Haeden, though she didn't want to look up to find out. "I'm sorry," she said, rushing into an apology she was not entirely certain would be accepted. "That sounded like I'm telling you what to do, I didn't mean that." Liaran thought, angry with herself, that it wasn't something she had any right to even talk about, given that she could hardly force herself to leave her rooms. The Aes Sedai studied the table and wondered whether she should just leave before she could say anything else that thoughtless.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 13th, 2018, 11:00 pm

Haeden smiled as he shook his head a little, a small wave of his hand. "Don't apologize," he said kindly. "Especially since you're right, and speaking the truth is not something to apologize for. Especially not among friends. Although you did sound a little like my sister." He chuckled a little. "My mother is a little more...blunt. If you have ever met Miahala Sedai, then you'll know what I mean."

He thought about a lot of the advice his mother had tried to hang around his neck like medallions of wisdom. He always listened, because she was usually right too, but they both knew they weren't always so easy to achieve.

"The truth is that I do know I should...diversify my life. Get out more. I just haven't managed to actually do it yet." He imagined, and was fairly sure he was right, that she needed the same advice...but he didn't offer it. Her reasons were not the same as his. Their situations were not the same, and he would not presume to compare them.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 14th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Liaran
Liaran blinked, taking her eyes from the table. Friends? It felt right, but wasn't anything she'd expected considering how she'd struggled not to run when she'd seen Haeden here. The Aes Sedai sat up straighter in her chair while she listened. "It isn't as easy as it sounds," she told him, though she suspected he already knew that and did not need to be told. "I certainly can't tell you how one goes about getting out more. These days, I'm doing well if I can make myself leave my own rooms."

Very little time passed before Liaran realized what she'd just said, something rather more personal than she'd intended. What did I say that for? She knew how pathetic it made her sound, and it was hardly something she wanted anyone else to know. Her head lowered briefly in embarrassment, but she was able to look up again when she realized that she didn't fear Haeden's reaction to what she'd said. He had, after all, seen worse from her than this, no matter how she wished that he had not, and still somehow had not rejected her.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 20th, 2018, 1:27 am

"I understand," was what he said, and he did. He remembered plenty of times over the years of his life, as early as the age of eleven, when he had felt like that. "I manage to make it out of my rooms these days, but I've..." He realized what he was about to say and this time, actually managed to stop himself.

Liaran didn't need to know about the time or two he'd been pulled out of an inn before the drink got to him too much. No. She did not need to know that.

He rolled his shoulders a little. "When I was eleven, my mother died," he said instead. "I'm sure you've heard a little about that. The Aes Sedai who somehow came back from the dead? Well, yeah, that was my mother. I just a kid. My father was her warder, a Gaidin, and he couldn't live without her."

Why are you telling her all of this? You're a bloody fool. And yet, the words came anyway.

"You may have heard of him too. The Reaper of the Yards. A hard man, but he was my father... He rode off to the Blightborder with her and let himself die. My sister almost died in the fight that killed my mother, though Sadie lived. It was her who kept me from turning too much inward."

Where are you going with this? You're still a fool.

He tried to figure out where indeed his point was. "It's important to have someone to help you with that kind of thing, is all I'm saying. I don't know. Maybe I sound like a fool..." You do. "...but maybe we could be that for each other."

Idiot man.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 21st, 2018, 11:24 pm

Liaran
"I'm sorry that happened," Liaran said, though she thought the words sounded ridiculously inadequate. She really had no idea what to tell him, since both of her parents were still alive. Liaran looked towards the table and away from Haeden for the first time since he'd started speaking of what had to be a difficult subject for him. She was quiet while she considered the last thing he'd said, reluctant to admit to herself that he was right. It wasn't that she didn't have friends, because she did, but Liaran couldn't think of a single one close enough to be trusted with the problems she now faced.

Haeden was different, having proven to her that he could be trusted with her life, but Liaran still hated to think that she couldn't handle her problems alone as she always had. Still, there wasn't anyone else she could go to, and after a while, she found herself nodding in agreement. "If I can help you at all...I will," she said shyly, "but....you'll have to be patient with me. I.....don't usually talk to anyone else about my problems." Her voice sounded hesitant, and Liaran couldn't look at Haeden again until she finished speaking. She felt silly, admitting to all of that, but she really didn't think she had much choice.

Shortly after she'd stopped talking and looked up again, Liaran found herself yawning and excused herself. How long have we been down here? She had no idea how much time had passed, but it was probably far more than she'd intended. She sighed, thinking of the dull reports that were still waiting on her desk for her attention. "I suppose I should probably go," she told Haeden, but she sounded a little regretful as she said it, because she was in no hurry to return to the dreaded paperwork.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 27th, 2018, 2:34 am

"I can be patient," he said easily, sincerely. "Truth is, I don't usually either."

When she said she had to go, he just barely managed to stifle an urge to say "don't go." He realized instantly, however, that that was being just a little ridiculous. How long had they already been here? Talking over mostly empty bowls of now very cold stew? They would be ushered out of the brooms before too long.

"Yeah..." was what he said instead. "I guess I should too." He smiled, but it was similarly a touch regretful. "I hope I see you again soon, Liaran."
Spoiler: show
OOC: Wrap there? <3

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik