A Lesson in Warding Attn: Roan

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Alianora
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Tice, Novice

A Lesson in Warding Attn: Roan

Post by Alianora » January 8th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie hurried down the hallway, headed towards her next class. As she did, the novice tried to figure out just what it was that she'd be learning. She knew it was one of her channeling classes, covering something called Wards, but though she'd heard the word before, Amaranie wasn't quite sure what they did. She hoped she wouldn't be expected to know much right away. She shook her head, tossing her dark brown ponytail over her shoulder to dangle down her back. The hall seemed to stretch out forever, and she picked up her pace before she finally reached its end, coming to a stop.

There were classrooms to either side of her, but Amaranie already knew that her destination was the room on the left, and if she hadn't, the slightly open door would have confirmed it for her. Amaranie brushed a speck from the otherwise perfectly clean white dress she wore, then pushed the door open further and went inside. She was surprised that she was the only person in the room, but since she was a bit early, the novice wasn't concerned. She took a seat and her blue-grey eyes focused on the door as she waited for her teacher to arrive.

Roan
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: A Lesson in Warding Attn: Roan

Post by Roan » January 12th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia strode down the hallway to the classroom she preferred to use when teaching Wards, and gave a tug to the black vest she wore over her dark green blouse. The heels of her riding boots resonated loudly with each step, and part of her smirked as she thought how appalled her mother might be with the noise she made simply walking. She had no reason to hide her steps or be stealthy here, so she didn’t bother.

Adjusting the sleeves on her blouse, Tia stepped into the classroom and found the Novice waiting. “You must be Amaranie. I am Tia Sedai and I’ve been told you would are to learn about Wards. Is this correct?” As she asked the question Tia started to move several of the desks back, forming what seemed like an empty circle in the middle of the classroom. In the middle, she put two chairs facing each other, and waved for the Novice to have a seat.

“Why don’t we start with you telling me what you know of Wards? If you know nothing at all other than the word, that’s fine. If you know what they are and what they can be used for, great. I just need to know what my starting point is,”Tia explained.

Alianora
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Tice, Novice

Post by Alianora » January 14th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie heard her teacher approaching before the door opened. The novice pushed herself to her feet as the Aes Sedai appeared, lowering herself into the required curtsy. She looked down at the floor and folded her hands, not looking at her instructor until the Aes Sedai spoke to her. Tia Sedai wasn't unknown to her, since she'd been the Mistress of Novices until recently, but if anything, that made Amaranie even more nervous than she generally was in all of her channeling classes. The novice dared to look up, nodding in response to the question she was asked, but didn't look at the Aes Sedai's eyes. She stepped back towards the edge of the classroom while Tia Sedai rearranged the desks, seating herself only when the woman indicated that she should.

She worried that Tia Sedai would be disappointed with her lack of knowledge, despite the Aes Sedai's assurances that it would be fine if she did not know much. She just didn't trust her, or any of them. Amaranie shivered, then nervously answered the question. "I don't know anything about Wards," she confessed, eyes dropping back to the desk. "I've heard the word before, but nothing else." It seemed to her that this lesson was not getting off to a good start, and Amaranie couldn't help feeling less than eager for it to continue.

Roan
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » January 17th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia offered the Novice a warm, broad smile, “That’s quite alright, Amaranie. In fact, in some ways, it’s not a bad thing to know so little since it means you don’t come in with any preconceived notions that may be incorrect.”

The green sister took a seat opposite Amaranie and crossed her ankles as she rested her hands on her knees. Sunlight flooded through the wall of windows, and the two chairs sat right in the middle of a 'pool' of sunlight, offering a bit of warmth in the otherwise somewhat chilly classroom. Winter wasn't quite done with the Grey Tower yet.

“You’ve heard the term Ward. Have you thought about what it could mean? If so, why don’t you tell me?” she asked. “Don’t worry. . .I’m not grading you on your answer, but I am curious what you might think.”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik