*Cracks knuckles* Well, hello there!

General site chatter, introductions, questions, and announcements.
Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Senarah

*Cracks knuckles* Well, hello there!

Post by Dan » August 7th, 2020, 11:17 pm

Greetings, Grey Tower denizens! Some of you may know me, some may not. I'm a former administrator of the community, having served the Tower and the Yards on a few occasions. I've served the Blue Ajah as Head, and Sitter on a few occasions, along with the White Ajah as a sitter.

I joined ages past, several turns of the wheel ago. I've grown older, i would not say more mature ;) but less immature for sure! Facing your own mortality does that to you apparently. I missed this place, which has meant a great deal to me in the past. I also missed writing, with people who are passionate about the setting, and their characters.

So, yeah, I'm back! I'm looking forward to reforging bonds, and making new ones.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: *Cracks knuckles* Well, hello there!

Post by Alianora » August 8th, 2020, 12:31 am

Welcome back!

Mim
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Liolet Belwhyn
SC: Sarkaska Jinlo

Post by Mim » November 12th, 2020, 5:17 pm

What happened? I'm just lurking, but a brush with mortality sounds more exciting than the four and a half papers I owe on the same day.

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Illyria Malkom
SC: Muireen do Morny a'Lordeine

Post by Stasia » November 12th, 2020, 5:46 pm

Dan! I am ALSO back.
ImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mim
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Liolet Belwhyn
SC: Sarkaska Jinlo

Post by Mim » November 12th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Which is indirectly how I got back here to lurk. *eyes notifications with a mild sense of dismay* I totally dropped plot balls again. :(

Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Dan » November 12th, 2020, 6:58 pm

I am still planning to get back into things, just a lot of not so great things have happened. Wifes big surgery went well, but just before the surgery she got into a little accident. She fainted in the hospital corridor before the surgery, and split her brow open. So much for her new eyebrow piercing, eh?

Anyways, I helped her throughout her recovery, but there were a few hiccups on the way. Viral infection, mineral deficiencies. She has been really low on iron, even when on supplements. When she finally returned to work, the physical stress aggravated an underlying condition. We discovered she has post concussion syndrome, which is kind of rare. The concussion symptoms were delayed, but hit her like a freight train when she went back to work. So I've been helping her out and such. She has an emergency work order to see a neurologist within the next few weeks, and got her work leave extended another month.

Went back to work myself, and re-tore my left meniscus that i damaged 18 months ago. So helping her while myself recovering from knee AND back injuries. Not fun! As you may imagine, everything is kind of making creativity a bit hard to come by. I don't want my return to be marred with "Oh sorry, we're five posts into a story and i have to disappear!"

So bear with me. I love the Grey Tower, it's history. I AM returning as a story contributor. I just need to get life under control.

Edit: Mims, my brush with mortality. I have CHF. Mucho meds later, and i have it mostly under control.

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Illyria Malkom
SC: Muireen do Morny a'Lordeine

Post by Stasia » November 12th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Wtf I forgot I changed my name. You remember me as Becks.

Dan, sounds all very complicated but like you're handling it like a champ. <3 Hang tight!
ImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Dan » November 12th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Well, I've learned a lot about my mental health, and got the help i needed, so i am a very different wolf now than i ever was. Older, wiser, tempered.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik