Prew's Enlistment Interview

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Prew
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Prewtez d'Grayson
SC: Fen Garlan

Re: Prew's Enlistment Interview

Post by Prew » September 16th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Not wishing to sound too eager, (light! He wasn’t eighteen any more) Prewtez replied “I feel you’ve been most accommodating in showing me the important areas, Mistress Ubriel. Perhaps a mentor will be useful at a later date but for now I would like to explore a bit on my own. Perhaps meet some other Drin’far’ji.”

He looked about the small room, noting that it originally had been set up for two. The furnishings were sparse. A bed, a writing desk along the wall, and a trunk at the foot of his bed were all the furnishings. He noted the uniforms, toweling, and linens. He obviously was to make up his own bed. Gone were the days when he had an adjutant for such tasks.

Prewtez listened attentively as she continued her instructions. He felt he was a bit too mature, or long in the tooth depending upon one’s perspective, to engage in any pranks or hijinks. And as for privacy, well, he was long accustomed to having minimal in the military. While her explanation of why he was given a private room made sense, a part of him wondered if recruitment was a problem. However, the privacy would be nice, especially when it came time to study.

Taking the keys and thanking Ubriel Gaidar, Prew had but one question remaining. “Will I be assigned by you to a particular class tomorrow, or do I sign up for one on my own?” Blast it all! He just couldn’t contain his eagerness to get started. He felt like he had to make up for lost years, the sooner the better.
OOC: think I would like to have one more post with Prewtez in his room thinking about the events of the day. When I return from vacation, perhaps I should join an open post or see about beginning lessons. Will this involve another player, or do I solo it with an NPC?
Death comes for us all, we can only choose how to face it when it comes.

the Aiel

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Post by Bree » September 16th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Settling In

Ubriel nodded and, standing at ease without thinking about it, clasped her hands behind her back and nodded. "You can request a mentor any time you want one. As for classes, you will need to visit the registrar lists and sign up for the Unarmed Combat class. If you have some proficiency in this already, you will find it easy but everyone is required to achieve a certain level of competency. After that, you can sign up for any of the other classes available at your leisure.

"You will find the Schedule includes time for general exercise and training and you will be expected to sweat. I recommend you visit the Library. If you are interested in any advanced classes or other academic training. You can find a tutor or a class available there for most things. But explore and see if there are things going on that you want to become a part of. i am sure you will fit in just fine here!" And with a smile and a nod, Ubriel left the new Drin to settle in.

[OOC: You can feel free to extend this thread for as long as you need. As for joining other threads, or finding a spar, try the Warder's Mess Hall or the Want Ads if you are looking for something specific. You can PM anyone to ask them for a thread and we all love what we are doing and new people. Have fun! Let me know if you need anything at all.]
ImageImageImage

Prew
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Prewtez d'Grayson
SC: Fen Garlan

Post by Prew » September 16th, 2015, 6:51 pm

Settling In
Once alone in his room, Prewtez stripped to his short clothes and carefully folded his garments before placing them in the trunk. Next, he donned the light grey uniform of a Drin’far’ji and laced up the boots. He had already hung his sword and scabbard on the wall hook above his bed and was in the process of making the bed when a knock on the door caused him to pause. Opening the door he saw that the hallway was empty. However, his saddlebags were on the floor in front of the door. Taking them up and closing the door he carefully put the few remaining belongings into the chest. A spare change of clothes, a bit of bread and cheese, and a book, The Incisive History of the Trolloc Wars,were the sum total of his possessions. Except one thing was missing, his horsebow. He had to assume it was under safekeeping. Regardless, he had seen others in the Weaponry room.

Prewtez sat on his bed and reflected upon the day. He knew two things for certain, that he had a lot to learn and, perhaps, unlearn. What he had seen in the training yard convinced him of that. But he also was just as sure he was making the right choice. If, as both Ubriel Gaidar and his former Commander of the Queen’s Guard Horse asserted, the final battle, Tarmon Gai’don was approaching would he not better serve as a warder to an Aes Sedai than as a soldier? What good would ordinary soldiers be against the Forsaken or the Dark Lord himself? And what of this Rand al’Thor? Was he the Dragon Reborn? Surely he must be if he had taken Tear and drawn Callandor. Ubriel Bryne had said it was so, surely she would know. All Prewtez had to go on otherwise were rumors from camp and taverns, and they as often as not contradicted. So many unconfirmed rumors, rumors of invasions, of Aiel running amok, of Trollocs and Myrddaal loose upon the lands. The prophesies claimed that the Dragon Reborn would need the aid of the Green Ajah at the final conflict. Perhaps, if he could meet the high standards of the Warders’ Yard, he might be able to bond with one such sister, to protect her in the coming battles.

Realizing at last that he was hungry, Prewtez decided it was time to check out the Warder Hall dining area. Taking his keys he left the room, locking the door behind him and headed towards the dining area.
ooc: Thanks for helping me get into the groove here. Oh, I'll have more questions to be sure, but for now I look forward to meeting some other players and beginning classes, of course!
Death comes for us all, we can only choose how to face it when it comes.

the Aiel

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik