Found, One Gaidin (Attn: Ubriel Gaidar)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Jolly
"The Eye of the World"
PC: Taldorin

Found, One Gaidin (Attn: Ubriel Gaidar)

Post by Jolly » September 4th, 2015, 2:22 am

Maishin Gaidin had helped see to Runner and that Kubotai's tack and belongings were taken care of, but with the admonishment that if the Shienaran had really returned for the duration, then he would have to report in. Outwardly, he was not fazed by it. INternally, he was only slightly concerned - twenty years was twenty years, after all. And he qas quite certain that in all of his sneaking, spying, running and fighting, he had not put quill to parchment on any such occasion as to explain his prolonged travel through the Blightborder.

A small matter, he thought to himself as he reached the second floor of the Warder Hall. Most of the faces had changed, though when being honest to himself he probably could not recognize many save one from when he had been a whelp learning how to unsheath his sword without cutting himself. Really, only one face stood out in all that time, and that was only half a face at best. Maishin had not had to tell him of Master Ives Gaidin's glorious final ride into the Blight; word had spread to Kubotai when he was sorting out a moneychanger in Arafel. Damnable thing, that.

The corridors of the Warder Hall were somewhat memorable, and he only had to tell a Drin to give him directions once. He arrived at the Mistress of Training's door much like he had arrived at the tower gates, still in his breeches and shirtsleeves, Jolen trotting along like a shaggy shadow. The canine barely came to Kubotai's knee, and was hardly the fiercest looking companion. In truth, that had been the most advantageous to Kubotai in his travels than any pack of warhounds could have been.

The Gaidin reached up and gave his unkempt topknot a tug before pounding on the office door.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Re: Found, One Gaidin (Attn: Ubriel Gaidar)

Post by Bree » September 5th, 2015, 4:27 pm

Ubriel was sitting, spraddle-legged on a stool in front of the window and watching the trainees in the yard below. Her arms were rested on her knees and she had propped her chin on the window sill. I need a secretary. I don't want to do the boot order. I don't want to schedule an inspection of foot lockers. I do not want to supervise the annual physicals. I don't suppose a secretary can do that one, though. The recruits in the Yard were energetically and loudly going through exercises, classes and spars and looking very well in hand. She had been pleased to find a number of long itinerant Gaidin and Gaidar returning to the Tower, not only ready to lend their skills to the defense of the Tower but also to the training of the younglings. None too soon. She knew what was happening to her now but she was not ready to admit it. Not even in her own mind. She felt the roll of her stomach at the near thought of it and quickly turned her attention to the students training in the newly renovated ranged weapons lanes.

A heavy thumping knock on her office door interrupted her reverie before it could slide into one of her more recent melancholy moods. She rolled her eyes toward the door and then squeezed them shut as she shouted, "Oh thank the Light! Come!" She pulled herself upright and tugged at the tunic that was beginning to pull a little across her middle. As a strange head showed through the door and the distinct scent of canine made her swallow a rising lump in her throat, she stood and tried to put on a more formal face. New person. Be respectable.

"Welcome. What can I do for you?" Ubriel put on a pleasant face and hoped she didn't look green. There is no help for it. I have to go see the Yellows. I have to tell people. Light, I did not think this through when I got married.

OOC: Welcome to the Yard. The MoT is experiencing some personal growth (all puns intended). Feel free to notice or not as is appropriate for your guy. :D
ImageImageImage

Jolly
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Jolly » September 6th, 2015, 4:32 pm

When the door open the man on the other side of it made a strange gesture of sticking his head forward a bit, flitting his eyes side to side to check the occupants of the room. It was a quick movement, albeit relaxed, as if done out of habit more than anything. Finding it to whatever satisfaction he deemed, he crossed the threshold with a relaxed walk, like a country bumpkin full of mead and stumbling home from a feastday. At his side the shaggy black companion padded just as casually, tongue lolling and his muzzle formed in the look of an ever-present grin. A happy dog.

"Maishin Gaidin said I should find a room. You're the Mistress of Training?" Blunt and to the point, like a knife in the ribs.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » September 7th, 2015, 2:44 am

A rakish and swaggering weapon of a man came through her door followed by a dog. Ubriel thought several things very quickly. I should probably not allow dogs in here. Is that man a wolfkin? That dog doesn't look like a wolf. He looks like a giant puppy! I love puppies! Her strange flitting moods betrayed her and she heard the squeal in her throat before she could stop it. "Hi puppy!" She grinned at the dog with her lips closed, having learned from a wolfkin that dogs didn't like to see teeth from strangers. The effect was that her lower jaw jutted forward comically and her eyes widened. She wiped the expression away as soon as she could with a flick of her eyes up to the face of the man. She cleared her throat and asked, "And what is your name?" She smiled with the question and then moved back to her desk. Pulling a ledger from the edge and flipping it open to the next tag in order, she picked up a pen and unstoppered her ink.

"I am going to guess that you hold the rank of Gaidin if you are looking for a room in the Warder Hall. I am Ubriel Bryne, yes, Mistress of Training. I have only been here for about five years. I don't think you and I have met." She gestured to the chair across from hers as she took a seat and said, "Please, sit if you like. I need a little information such as, will your friend here need to share your room?"
ImageImageImage

Jolly
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Jolly » September 8th, 2015, 1:46 am

Kubotai nodded his thanks at the offer of sitting, but took up a spot leaning against the window, arms folded but ready despite being visibly unarmed. The dog made himself at home, sniffing around a little bit before walking over and sitting patiently next to the desk, in clear reach of the Mistress of Training with his mouth open and tongue lolling out. He had no shame, that one.

"Kubotai Gaidin. It's been...around twenty years since I was here last. The dog is Jolen; he has no shame and not a malicious bone in his body. Bloody good that does in a fight, mind." Kubotai smirked briefly, shaking his head and peering out at the training yard again. "And, yes, he'll be with me. Can't get rid of the mutt."

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » September 8th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Ubriel couldn't help it. She wasn't certain if she had an opinion about this most recent return to the Yard but the puppy was quickly currying favor. "I don't have much shame myself." She scritched out a couple of notes; his name, the dog's name, a request for scrap bones from the kitchen once in a while and a room assignment. Tearing the ticket from the end of the ledger entry, she skipped asking for the Gaidin's signature.

She came out of her seat and lowered herself to one knee to scratch Jolen's ears and under his chin. "Tell me Kubotai, will you be helping us with the trainees or do you just need a bed for a time? Either will suit me but if you intend to muck with my students, I want to know something about you."

The dog's slitted eyes and lolling tongue made Ubriel want to curl up on the rug herself but she stood instead and brushed her hands off. Stepping to the door, she reached around to the outside and dropped the order ticket into the basket on the table there and then made her way back to the window. Sitting at the small tea table there and pouring herself a cup of chilled lemon tea, she gestured to the tray to indicate Kubotai should pour for himself if he wished. Sipping and relaxing, she waited. The room would take a few moments to be readied and then she could show this ... Gaidin, to his room. "Where do you come from and what brings you back?"
ImageImageImage

Jolly
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Jolly » September 9th, 2015, 1:23 am

"I've a suspicion I'll be here awhile," he said casually, peering at a group of trainees practicing sword forms. "I might be able to provide pointers here and there. But I wouldn't say I'm a teacher." He pushed off from the window's edge and took the seat across from her, pouring his own cup and raising it in both hands near to reverently; tea - anything besides water, really - had been a far distant luxury for him for many years. Even water he had occasion to hoard like gold. He sat like this for a long moment, as if trying to discern the Pattern from the tea leaves swirling around the bottom.

"Shienar was my home once. I've spent the last some-odd years trailing back and forth across the Borderlands, from Fal Dara to World's End, hunting. After I took on the fancloak, Master Ives Gaidin- the Master of Arms when I trained - pulled me aside and delivered onto me a simple mission." Kubotai could remember the Freak of the Yards' face as he recalled his tale, and even now he still had half a desire to put a dagger in the man's one good eye. "I left the Tower well after Last that very same night, riding to Fal Eisen alone and with no Tower help to make my journey faster. My quarry was simple; learn everything I could about a new advisor to Lord Hesien, Lord Yakota's Master of the Horse. Two months later I had taken a Darkfriend's head and evaded a bounty on my own while riding hard for Chachin."

He breathed in the faint scent of the chilled tea, his eyes half lidded as he took a slow sip. "From there I followed a trail of small puzzles, seeking out the Shadow's twisted plans to rot the Blightborder from within, from honorless men who sold their souls to what their fathers had died to protect the world against." He lifted his eyes from gazing into his cup, refocusing on the Gaidar in front of him. "My last...encounter...left behind something which troubles me. So I have come back home to give myself time to puzzle it out." He took one more slow sip, before setting the cup down. At their feet, Jolen had made himself at home and laid down, muzzle resting on his front paws and gazing up at Ubriel with a knowing canine look.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » September 9th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Ubriel nodded, listening. That much experience in the Blight could be put to good use in taking trainees out on Border Patrols. In my current state, I need to find someone else to lead those missions. Light blast it...

"Welcome home then. I have a friend in the Brown, Rory Ashaman, who may be of use if it is a puzzle of the Shadow. I would be happy to make an introduction." A small chime sounded from a drawer in her desk, the product of one half of a ter'angreal made to let her and the staff of the warder hall communicate regarding incoming initiates of the Yard. Anyone not aware of it or listening for it could miss the sound easily. Ubriel had been waiting for it to let her know that Kubotai's room was ready. The dog's ears pricked forward and twitched at the sound but his head remained there on his paws until she stood. Replacing her cup on the tray she gestured for the door. "Your room is ready for you and I can take you there. Not much has changed in this place since its doors first opened but if you desire a tour, I can give you one. Your quarters are on the first floor and open out to the wooded side of the building. I thought the dog might appreciate being able to come and go without winding through the building."

She walked to the door and waited there for the Gaidin and his dog to join her. She didn't really expect he would want a tour but she wouldn't mind stretching her legs either way.
ImageImageImage

Jolly
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Jolly » October 26th, 2015, 7:15 pm

"Kind of you," Kubotai replied, slowly getting to his feet. Jolen waited until the pair had made most of their way to the door before getting up and following; he had a knack for being good about being quiet and out of the way. Funny dog. "A tour won't be needed...I'll stumble my way along well enough, I think. Besides, I do few enough things that I can puzzle out the grounds quickly enough. And thank you for where my room is. Much easier time for Jolen to bothered me with cursed dog-things." Kubotai winked at the mutt before patting its head outside the Mistress of Training's office.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » November 1st, 2015, 1:41 am

Ubriel led the way and showed Kubotai to a neat and sparing room on the ground floor. Handing over the keys she said, "I hope your stay is productive for you. You might be interested to check in with the Gaidar Captain. She is fresh in her post here but a good and stalwart leader." Patting the shameless dog once more, Ubriel turned to take her leave. "Let me know if you need anything?"

With that she walked away and left the dog and his man to make themselves at home.

OOC: Welcome back. I am happy to wrap it up here. If you are interested in any long-term investments in the WY like running the Border Patrols or spearheading any classes, just let me know.
ImageImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik