Could you help me? (Atten illyria)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Lirievin Tesiva

Could you help me? (Atten illyria)

Post by Siera » August 7th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Lirievin Tesiva Liri jolted up in bed. She had gotten little to no sleep the previous night. Part of her was worried about today and the other in part from wandering around in Tel’Aran’Rhoid. Whenever she was feeling uncomfortable she always went there to gather her thoughts, she found it easier to do that there then in the waking world. In Tel’Aran’Rhoid she could always tell when her thoughts took a turn for the worse as it would be reflected there and that kept her in check.

Swinging her legs off her bed Liri got up slowly and changed into her Accepteds dress, smoothing the skirts before setting off. She knew she had a talent for Entering Tel’Aran’Rhoid, although it was really never confirmed to her by an Aes Sedai as only Carra Sedai and Amadie Sedai knew about it. Liri didn’t let her mind stay on Carra Sedai too long. Her mentor had been absent for quite some time and Liri had not yet gone to see her since she got back. But she knew that she would have to confront her mentor soon.

Liri was surprised at how well she knew the path to Illyria Sedai’s office. She hadn’t really been there since she had been raised and that seemed like ages ago, but she guessed it would be burned into her mind for years to come as well. Liri had been tempted to turn around a few times and not talk to Illyria about her talent but she wanted to know more and who knew, maybe Illyria could help see if she had other talents, she was an Indigo after all.

Liri rounded one last corner before arriving in front of Illyria’s office. She should be expecting her but no one just walked into a room without knocking. Liri raised her hand tentatively before knocking on the door. There was no turning back now.

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Illyria Malkom
SC: Muireen do Morny a'Lordeine

Re: Could you help me? (Atten illyria)

Post by Stasia » August 29th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Illyria Malkom That was an unusually quiet knock.

Illyria glanced up from a teetering pile of paperwork - all these records were going to fall into the floor if she did not find a more efficient way of dealing with things soon - and squinted at the door, as if she could hope to guess who might be standing behind it. Yenna, her unofficial assistant, was not ever so shy. In fact, she had a habit of knocking and then letting herself in. But she's been with me long enough for that sort of familiarity to be allowed... And Novices? They never knocked. They did not ever want to find themselves at her office. No one in white came to her voluntarily.

Ambiguity could be settled with a quick word and in a few moments, and staring at the door would do nothing. "Enter," she said loudly, and turned her gaze back to her work as she heard the latch click. She scrawled a sloppy note off to the side for a stopping point, so that she could remember what she was doing when she returned to her work, and was met with a familiar face.

"Accepted Lirieven?" The name almost fell out of her mouth as a question; Lirieven was quiet, hard-working, studious. She had not seen much of the girl since she had gone through her Arches. "What can I do for you, child?"
ImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » August 30th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Lirievin Tesiva Upon Illyrias word Liri opened the door and headed into her office. If felt so weird being back here, even being here really. Liri had never taken many trips to her office while she was a Novice which made this feel more awkward for her. Despite Illyria Sedai being the Mistress of Novices Liri didn't really know much about er, she barely even knew her, but Illyria Sedai had a talent that Liri thought she may have and she wanted to look into it.

Liri looked around the office, after everything she had gone through she had picked up a tendency to scan every room she entered making sure there was no danger. It may have seemed silly but Liri would rather be extra prepared then caught in another mess.

With one look at Illyria Sedais' desk Liri instantly felt bad for taking up her time, her issue wasn't exactly major and the piles of paper could have been more important, but Liri knew that Illyria was probably the only one who could help her. "I have a few questions about a talent." Although her voice was soft then was a toughness in her tone, nothing to offend the older women but enough to get the point across that she was serious about this. "May I take a seat?" At Illyrias nod Liri limped around a chair so she was sitting directly across from Illyria.

"During the time that I was kidnapped, a lot of things happened but while I was locked in that room I discovered that I have a talent, I can enter the World of Dreams." Liri paused for a moment.she had practiced this a thousands times making sure she got her words right without saying too much as she wasn't sure exactly how much everyone knew about what had gone on.

"Ever since then I have been reading and learning about the World of Dreams and other talents that go with it. I know for a lot of people if they have one talent relating to the World of Dreams they are more likely to have a second, or even a third. Recently I have seen some strange things and I am wondering if I have a second talent. I know you can Dreamwalk and I was wondering if you could see if I can?" She let out a deep breath as she finished. She still had no idea what Illyria Sedai would say and she only hoped that Illyria would help her.

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Stasia » September 8th, 2015, 1:02 am

Illyria Malkom The girl looked like a trapped rabbit; her eyes were wide as she took a careful inventory of the room. Illyria noticed that her gaze lingered on the door and the windows - she could not say that she blamed the child. Everyone had heard of Lirieven's ordeal, even if no one was able to gather a full picture on Jeryd or Carraidhin's involvement and Amadie's death - and Lirieven was Illyria's priority by job description. There was not much to be done except to give her safe spaces and wait for the wound to scab, but the Mistress of Novices worried that it never would.

It would be intrusive to be personal with a young woman that she had not known very well to begin with, and pressure was the last thing that the child needed, so Illyria waited quietly for the Accepted to settle, and took a long sip of scalding tea. She couldn't recall the name of the Yellow that worked with mental healing.

"I have a few questions about a Talent," she said finally, and Illyria looked from her cup to the Accepted. "May I take a seat?" She nodded and the child moved; her wide rainbow hem could not hide her limp.

"Tea, child?" Accepted did not generally have very high quality tea. Lirieven was welcome to honey and spice should she have a want for it. Illyria served the girl quickly and carefully, and waited for her to continue. She was an Indigo - she knew about Talents. That would be easy. It was all of the other context that made this all so... Complex.

"During the time that I was kidnapped," Lirieven said finally, "A lot of things happened but while I was locked in that room I discovered that I have a talent, I can enter the World of Dreams." Illyria choked on her tea, and nearly spat it out across her desk. She could enter Tel'aran'rhoid? Not only was that a rare Talent, it was an exceptionally dangerous one. Had she gotten any training? And for the love of the Light, why hadn't she been placed on the Indigo's registry? Illyria coughed and her eyes watered, but she motioned for the girl to continue.

"Ever since then I have been reading and learning about the World of Dreams and other talents that go with it. I know for a lot of people if they have one talent relating to the World of Dreams they are more likely to have a second, or even a third. Recently I have seen some strange things and I am wondering if I have a second talent. I know you can Dreamwalk and I was wondering if you could see if I can?"

"Have you been training, Lirieven? With the World of Dreams, I mean. I'm sure you know of its dangers by now. And... How safe do you feel, when you enter?" That information would help her gauge the girl's skill level. While she had never heard of an ability suddenly manifesting, it was no shock to her that it first surfaced under stress; many Wilders had a similar experience. "And yes. They're often linked. I can see if you have anything beyond the initial ability and train you, as well. However, if I do not train you, I will insist that you find someone else who can. Tel'aran'rhoid preys on inexperience."

Illyria nearly winced once she realized what she had said, but it was true, and softening the truth would do no favors for the child.
ImageImageImage

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » September 9th, 2015, 7:35 pm

Lirievin Tesiva Liri jumped slightly as Illyria Sedai reacted to her news. She didn't know what reaction she had expected from the Mistress of Novices, but this was not even on her list. She was startled and wondered briefly if she should have come and told Illyria before, but she had made her decisions and she was happy with them. She had enjoyed training on her own, learning from her mistakes and reading Amadie's notes. Although she had only known the Aes Sedai for a short period of time, Liri admired her. She had figured out the World of Dreams on her own, which Liri knew was not an easy feat. She had to rely on those notes to help her not stumble around and make stupid mistakes that could cost her her life.

Thinking about Amadie, Liri decided to not tell Illyria about her notes, she didn't know who knew about Amadie's talent and if Jaryd had given her the notes, and they had not been passed onto the Indigo Ajah, Liri figured it must have been a secret. "I've been reading textbooks, I met with Amadie Sedai once in Tel'aran'rhoid and she helped me figure out a few things as well." Liri paused for a moment, knowing Illyria Sedai would not like her answer, but she had vowed to be honest. "A fair amount has been trail and error. I've not pushed many boundaries, as I know you can be killed there. But since... everything, in ways Tel'aran'rhoid has felt more like home to me then being here. I feel safe there. When I'm there I don't feel like the world is going to collapse on me or someone is going jump out of a corner and drag me off."

She paused for a breath. This was the most she had said to anyone about her talent and how she felt, and she didn't realize just how much she had been holding it in, until it all came spilling out. "Tel'aran'rhoid feels like a sanctuary for me, and I do know of the dangers, and I know I have to keep in and the waking World separate so I don't loose myself but so far, for me that has been easy. I am aware of the dangers and keep them at bay, but they don't overload me like they do in the Waking World." She paused again, she had said far more then she originally intended too, but if Illyira Sedai could train her she would find all of this out eventually so she might as well be upfront with her.

"If you could train me in Tel'aran'rhoid, I would greatly appreciate it." she finished, waiting to see what the Mistress of Novices would have to say about everything she had just told her.

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Stasia » September 15th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Illyria Malkom Illyria stared at the girl for a long, quiet moment. "You... Feel safe there?" Tel'aran'rhoid was about the least safe place that she could think of; reality twisted and turned at the slightest whim, and even then, self-control was not always enough to keep yourself safe. Either you have considerable Talent or you need your head examined, Lirieven. And the Aes Sedai supposed that the second could be just as easily true. After something so horrific had happened and been entirely beyond the girl's control, it was no shock that she found comfort in the World of Dreams.

It did not make it any less dangerous, however.

Illyria nodded curtly as Lirieven relayed the rest of her experience. Her stomach churned at the thought of a child wandering alone in the World of Dreams, with only textbooks to guide her, and she blamed herself for not keeping a better eye on her pupils and their manifesting Talents. There were many, which made it difficult, but it was just too dangerous to let any of them fall through the cracks. One wrong turn and the girl would have died in the waking world. She took another sip of her tea and suddenly wished she had access to Saffiah's liquor cabinet.

Lirieven had been lucky. Incredibly, unreasonably lucky. She could only thank the Creator for that she had not wound up hurt or worse. And coincidence... Not likely. Something she had said nagged at her academic arsenal: it nearly seemed as if Lirieven had created a Dreamshard rather than had spent all that time in true Tel'aran'rhoid. If it was a piece completely under her own control, it would be a great deal safer... But that was something that most thought to be lost to the Ages. Illyria drummed her fingers on her table-top.

"I will train you, child. Certainly. But if - and only if - you are honest with me. I know the temptation to explore and wander is strong, stronger than most anything in the waking world. I could pretend that you will never give into this, but given your... Circumstances... I don't think that is wise." If Lirieven was being forthcoming and truthful about her own skill, it would be easy for Illyria to ascertain within a short few lessons. If the Accepted as as skilled as she said she was, and Tel'aran'rhoid helped her piece together the shattered mess of trauma, Illyria would not punish her for using that outlet.

"However, I expect that you listen to me, that you do as I say, and that you are honest with me about your excursions." She smiled thinly, her mind too clouded with concern to feel genuinely about much of anything. "Is there anything else that you would like to tell me before we begin?" Of course, they would have to schedule out lessons and meetings - though she had Lirieven's class schedule on record, she did not have it memorized. It was possible that the girl would not have time for a first lesson today, but at the very least, they could decide when to meet again.
ImageImageImage

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » September 18th, 2015, 1:53 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri nodded as Illyria Sedai spoke. She made everything sound so dangerous and although Liri knew that it still didn't seem that bad, at least not to her. She had to admit that she didn't really want to listen to Illyria Sedai if she restricted her time in the Dream World, Liri wasn't sure how she would deal with that. Although her visits were planned now, she still went into the Dream quiet often as it helped her think and solve her issues.

But she did really want to know if she had any other talent so she knew she would have to agree with Illyria Sedai's terms, even if she didn't like them. She really had no one else she could turn too that she trusted. Liri waited a moment to take in everything Illyria Sedai had said to her. "I will listen to everything you say and follow any instruction you give my Illryia Sedai." She started. She knew the honestly part would be the hardest, she would be as honest as she could be, but if she happened to meet Valadin in a dream she would omit everything including him. His talent was not for her to spread about so she would not tell anyone.

"I also promise to be honest about my excursions into the World of Dreams." Really what she had was true. She would be honest about what she did, and if she did meet Valadin she could just tell the Dream like he was not there. So she wasn't lying when she said that. Although I doubt Illyria Sedai will see it that way. But she would never have to find out that Liri was hiding something.

"I'm not sure what you schedule is like but I have a few hours before my next class, so if you want to start know we can, otherwise I can give you my schedule and we could meet at another time. Whichever works best for you." Liri said trying to keep herself calm. She felt nervous about the prospect of entering the Dream with Illyria, but she couldn't quite sure why.

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Stasia » October 5th, 2015, 4:51 am

Illyria Malkom "See that you are truthful, child." She gave her a stern warning one final time, but only because she knew how strong the temptation was. The World of Dreams was freedom in a Tower that discouraged anything that was not carefully structured and controlled. "And I'm also free this afternoon, so we can begin now, and you can give me your schedule after we've finished. If you'll follow me? It's difficult to sleep in chairs." She smiled thinly at Lirieven, and hid her curiosity - it would be good to gauge the girl's skill.

She lead them out of her office after she had locked the door behind them, to safe guard from mischievous novices, and after a short period of time, they had made it back to her apartments in the Indigo Halls. She ushered Lirieven in and gestured to a sofa. "We won't be disturbed here," she assured her and offered her a thin blanket before taking a seat in the chair opposite her.

"You already know how to enter the World of Dreams," she said dryly, "So I will skip the instruction regarding that. Meet me here," she said, and shifted into a more comfortable position. Illyria was out of practice, but she hoped that the child would not have to wait too long for her: she pictured her sitting room clearly, and drifted off without too much trouble.

It was always too quiet in Tel'aran'rhoid. In reality, her parlor was lit by the windows - but here, it was lit by.... Something else. Papers appeared and disappeared off of the table that sat between the couches, and she could feel the dream tugging at her - daring her to be distracted. I am real, she thought firmly, this is not. She inhaled deeply, reacquainting herself with the unseen world, and settled into control. It was not a skill that one could afford to forget.

Lirieven had already been waiting for her, sitting calmly on her couch.

How anyone could possibly feel safe here... Illyria would have sworn that they were being watched. She grit her teeth and ignored her discomfort; distraction was deadly. "Show me what you can do, Lirieven," she said quietly. We'll see where you are weak, and plug the gaps in as quickly as possible.
ImageImageImage

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » October 6th, 2015, 1:08 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri nodded as Illyria told her once again to be truthful. She had a feeling if she entered the World of Dreams even once with Illyria Sedai's permission she would be have a horrid week. She followed Illyria Sedai up the stairs quietly.not knowing what to say, or even if she should say anything. At Illyria Sedai's gesture Liri sat down on the couch, draping the blanket over her. She waited until Illyria Sedai sat down before Liri closed her eyes and relaxed.

Within moment Liri opened her eyes again to find herself in Tel'aran'rhoid. She had quite a bit of practice getting into the World of Dreams, and she knew her way around but she has a sense that she was missing more information and Illyria Sedai must have known her. She sat patiently in the chair as she waited for Illyria Sedai to join her, part of her was so tempted to wander while she waited, but she knew that would only get her in trouble, so she waited making sure that her clothing was the Accepted's dress. Although she never wore it on her own outings, she didn't think Illyria Sedai would be as informal.

After some time Illyria Sedai appeared in the chair across her. She waited a moment, thinking that Illyria Seadi would want to speak first, and she did, asking Liri to show her what she knew. Liri nodded, starting off small. She changed her clothing to a nicer red and blue dress. She held that dress, making a book appear in her hand. Then she waited a moment before switching back to her Accepted's dress. She pictured Kandor in her head, and willed herself and Illyria Sedai there. It didn't take long before they were in the middle of her hometown. She looked at Illyria Seadi once more before taking them back to her office.

"I also understand the concept of need, and have willed myself to find someone else in the dream. or gone other places because i needed to. I've fought away overwhelming nightmares that try to enter, only minor ones of my own, and one larger one of a friends, but that is a bit harder to demonstrate. That is about the extent of my knowledge."

Liri folded her hands lightly in her lap, waiting to see what Illyria Sedai would say.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik