Be It Ever So Humble... [Attn: Ubriel Gaidar, MoT]

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Be It Ever So Humble... [Attn: Ubriel Gaidar, MoT]

Post by Bella » May 30th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Lysira Viathene Gaidar ((OOC: I hope you don't mind, but I thought it would make sense for Lysira to check in at the Yards. :) ))

The more things changed, the more things stayed the same.

Lysira, oh so many years ago, had walked these paths and these halls as a timid little thing called Mouse. A girl feeling eternally hunted and alone, she had found help here. She had found friendship here. She had found purpose, guidance, love here. Here, was where she had found a life. Here, was where she had learned to live. Once her parents had returned to her, she was no longer Mouse but had emerged as a new being, yet still the woman she was always meant to be. She was Lysira Viathene, and she ascended the Yards to wear the fancloak and call herself Gaidar. She had become Gaidar Captain. She had become a bonded warder. She had become a mother.

Now she set foot on these hallowed grounds again, feeling like much of what she had become here had now become undone. Much of it had unraveled before she even left, and while it had held together for a while, such things do not last. A woman of purpose, with heart, of passion and drive and certainty, returned as little more than a shadow of herself.

Could these Towers perform a second miracle? She had to hope.

Little seemed to have changed in the halls since she'd left, even if it had been twenty years. She had forgotten nothing, either, and her muscles knew the paths. She remembered walking to the Master of Arms' office, to the man who she had thought of as a second father; a man she was one of few not terrified of. She missed him, and was sorrowful to know his scarred visage would not be staring sternly down from behind a desk that seemed too small for a man of his size and presence.

Today, however, she was destined for the office of the Mistress of Training. Her son was safely ensconced in their adjoining rooms and she needed to start building her life anew here. Because she needed its walls, its discipline, and its knowledge to protect her child, and to once more know who she was. As a Gaidar, she knew it was less against protocol to arrive without an appointment, but still, she hoped the woman would not be offended by her stopping by.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Re: Be It Ever So Humble... [Attn: Ubriel Gaidar, MoT]

Post by Bree » June 3rd, 2015, 3:38 am

Ubriel was enjoying a rare and disturbing moment of absolutely nothing to do. Her office door was wide open and she stood at the window, feet shoulder width apart, hands clasped comfortably behind her back and stared down into the Yard. All of those trainees and not a single problem to resolve. Not at this moment anyway. There had been a pair of shoes with glue in them this morning and someone had sewn the crotch of a young man's pants a little tighter than they should have been last night but right now; blissful silence. She supposed it had to do with all of the Gaidar and Gaidin wandering loose and helpful through the Yards recently. She was pleased.

Taking a deep breath and letting the spicy scent of the dust from the Yards settle in her mind, she felt a grin creeping into the corners of her mouth. Then there was a creak in the floor in the hall. She didn't bother to turn. Whoever had caused it would eventually speak. The door was open and she could see the opening, empty still, in her peripheral vision. As she waited, a figure stepped into the door frame and Ubriel's grin deepened. I love having all these full rank people around to help out. She turned slowly to greet the newcomer. "Welcome!"

OOC:
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I could have sworn I answered this the other day. I am very pleased to have you back with us. What would you like to look into doing in the Yard? Are you interested in running a traditional class, doing an adventure series or demonstration/workshop? Maybe running something showing the higher level folks putting their skills to use? Going on Blight Border calls or something like that once a month? Is there anything that you would like to work on advancing your character's skill in? And would you be willing to mentor a recruit or two if need arose?
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » June 3rd, 2015, 4:24 am

Lysira was almost a little thrown by the broad smile and rousing welcome. Not that she ever believed the administrators of warder business to be dull or unfriendly by nature, but she had been Raised under the tutelage of the Freak of the Yards. "Friendly" still took some getting used to, even after all of the intervening years. The woman's expression was open and her posture comfortable, so it helped Lysira to overcome her brief moment of shock.

She offered a polite smile in return and bowed her head in greeting. As she suspected the Mistress of Training may not know her hand signs, she had written some notes out in advance. She pulled a sheaf of parchment from her pocket and stepped close enough to offer it to the other woman.

My name is Lysira Viathene Gaidar. I have returned to the Tower after a long absence, and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm afraid I do not have the ability to speak, but I can hear and communicate through hand signs if you can read them, and writing if not.

It was really rather a clumsy way to go about things, but she did not yet have an interpreter to assist her, and didn't know if Ubriel Gaidar would know how to comprehend her gestures. So she had to be as up front and direct about it as possible.

((OOC: No worries! Posts can be easy to miss at times. :)
You know, I'm still figuring that out. I have another thread going that may determine some of my direction, depending on where it goes from here. What is an "adventure series"? This is new terminology for me! And I was considering a class or two, once I get my feet under me again. I wrote the Advanced (Mounted) Archery course oh-so-long ago and was considering asking if I could do it again. I also apparently had an intermediate class outline with the obstacle course I created before. (I emailed Tower admin box with thoughts on all this too.)

I like the idea of the chance to let the higher level folks show off, although I'm...a little anxious about "running" anything just yet, though it's an idea I'm interested in. And ask me about the mentor thing again once I remember how all the old stuff works and have learned about how all the new shiny things work!

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » June 4th, 2015, 2:43 am

Ubriel's grin faded into the background like a regiment of foot on reserve as she read the note. Then the grin was replaced entirely by a full broad cheeked smile. She rubbed her empty hands on her thighs and flexed them a few times quickly then began to carefully form the signs she and her friend Kitty had taught her. "I don't think all of these are standard signs but they should translate pretty well. I apologize for not being very fluid and graceful but it has been some time since I have made use of these signs." Ubriel scrunched her face happily at having remembered that much as well as she had. She began to speak aloud as well as making the signs as her vocabulary was still somewhat limited. "I am glad that you have returned. I have seen some of the records of classes you have taught here in the past. I would very much like to see some of those return to the Yards. You taught mounted archery I believe and that is something I think is very much in need. We are always in need of experienced Gaidar in the Yards just to help keep the learning ranks from hurting themselves in their zeal and sometimes foolishness. Do you have a translator that can assist you in classes or do we need to find one for you?"

[OOC: I did not connect that it was you that had run the original mounted archery but that is awesome and I want it back. It is one of those classes, I think, that appeals to a broad audience and we should make a point of keeping available. An "adventure series" is an Ubriel Special term. That means that I made it up. :p I would like to see something where instead of a Major Role Play where people have to go in and post 6 to 8 times for a month and run into curfews, exams, etc... There is a once a week or twice a week or whatever Leader going out to a set place and they can go on a rotation like a chore or duty they have to do but it actually relates to their training.

For example, Say Cassie is the Gaidar in charge of outposts ABC and D and must visit one each week. So every Monday Cassie will post about her party heading out. Whoever signs up by posting they are in the party and also get rained on or bitten by flies or whatever, then can respond to the next post that week that prompts them to solve a problem or fight off a horde or build a bridge and get over it or something. Simple, baby adventures along the lines of an MRP but designed to be played out in two to three posts after the start and finish in under 7 days.

I don't know if anyone else is up for something like that but if you like it, we can talk. :P
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » June 4th, 2015, 2:52 am

Relief flooded through Lysira to know that the woman would at least understand some of her signs, if not most or all. Yes, they varied between their sources, but you could generally piece it together if you know at least one type. Having to write things out by hand was irksome and tiring, and it hadn't been a process that she had been looking forward to. She offered a smile in return and stuffed her parchment back into her pocket.

She lifted her hands, but kept her signs slow just to make sure the woman could follow properly. 'You do not need to worry about using the signs, just reading mine,' she offered. It is good to be back. I look forward to returning to the Yards and helping out where I am able. I did enjoy the classes I taught.' She paused as a flicker of pain rushed through her brain, but she kept it behind the veil in her dark eyes. 'I will need to find a translator. I have only recently returned and have not had the chance. It may take a while to find the right person in the Yards.'

[[OOC: Yep, for a good while there, archery was pretty much my baby. I revised/taught the basic archery course, the intermediate/obstacle course, and the mounted/advanced archery. I've already talked to Riahana and gladly let her take some of that, but I told her that she couldn't have mounted archery, lol. So yes, I want that one back. I'm going to dig up my lessons and go over them, to revise and update, etc.,

The adventure series sounds like a good idea! (I liked your "proposal for fun stuff" on the Hall too.) I think both are great thoughts for the warders and warders in training, both to get that "experience" and get them mixing with full ranks and channelers!]]

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » June 4th, 2015, 3:52 am

Ubriel nodded and said, "I like using the signs when I know them but if I get one wrong or if yours is different, please correct it. That helps me make sure I can understand you when you sign to me." Ubriel smiled gently, hoping that made sense to the other woman as well. "We can post a notice on the bulletin board in the lobby and let everyone know that a signing translator position is open if you like. That way they can come to you and you don't have to try to hunt them down."

Ubriel extended a hand and said, "I invited Riahana to join me and my horse Peach on our combat obstacle course rides in the mornings around dawn. If you would be interested, I would welcome it and I know that Peach would as well. We worked hard on the course and I use it for my class. I was hoping to get a Warhorse class put together after Peach achieved that level of training but I just do not have the time to administer that complicated a class. Would you be interested in that?"

[OOC: Awesome, let's move most of the brainstorming to PMs and when we come up with the proposal we want to follow, we can send it through for approval in the muckity muck channels. I have fun with those. Marit LOVES reading about new class proposals. I am excited and so happy to see you and the prospect of all you are going to be able to do.]
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » June 4th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Lysira considered her options. Given how things had ended up with Jhered, she was reluctant at the idea of letting any new translator back into her life, but she knew she must. While she could get by with her family, or if she were ever to be a warder to a channeler again, without one, teaching and working in the Yards required it. 'I suppose posting a notice would be wise, and at least see who would respond,' she finally signed, still making sure her signs were clear and distinct, as opposed to the slightly more subtle "blurring" that could happen when she spoke quickly.

'I would be happy to join you and Riahana. I have not seen her for a long while, but I remember her. I do not, however, know that I would be best to teach that particular class. I am skilled in archery from horseback, but a warhorse is as much the training and fighting of the horse as it is the rider. The woman you should speak to is Miahala Sedai. She hesitated, still a little disconcerted by the following statement, 'Who, I have heard, has also returned.' From the dead, as startling as that way.

[OOC: I will start a PM for plotting soon, but yeah, Lys never got the Warhorse advantage or worked with the horse as weapon, just how to ride one while shooting a bow. Mia, however, does have the Warhorse advantage, and been involved in breeding and training them. ^_^ I hope that I can be of some use to the Tower again.]

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » June 4th, 2015, 9:52 pm

OOC: Awesome. I can't wait to see it all get to big for me to hold all these warders in just my own little hands. :p
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » June 4th, 2015, 9:59 pm

[OOC: *laughs* I was going to PM you but I've had three PMs not go through. :-/ I think my email is on my profile, if you want to email?]

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik