Returning and Checking In (ATTN: MoT Ubriel Bryne)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Returning and Checking In (ATTN: MoT Ubriel Bryne)

Post by Roan » May 27th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Leaving Duron had been bitter sweet for Riahana, Gareth and the twins. The life they led in the hamlet was as steady as it can be for a Warder and Asha'man. It was perhaps harder on the twins to bid their friends goodbye, uncertain as to whether they'd ever return to the hamlet and see their friends again. Tower life would be quite different for Tia and Einion, but their mother suspected they would get along just fine.

The morning after their arrival, the family took breakfast together in their new home. Ria knew hers would likely be a busy day checking in with the Mistress of Training, and she suspected her Asha'man would be equally busy. The twins? She knew Tia would explore as much of the Tower as she could get away with, while her brother would likely find his way to the Library.

After breakfast, Riahana left her family quarters and made her way to the office for the Mistress of Training. As she walked along pathways and halls so familiar to her, memories of her time as a Drin and Ji' came flooding back. Had it really been so long ago? Had she really been so young and naive?

Riahana worked doubly hard to prove herself, never wanting anyone to think she was riding on the coat-tails of her Aes Sedai great grandmother, or great grandfather and Freak of the Yards. The Freak had never gone easy on her. . .and perhaps was harder on her because of the relationship between them, but she was only ever thankful for him pushing her the way he did. She wouldn't be the Gaidar she is without his tutelage.

Shaking herself from her trip down memory lane, Ria realized she had arrived. She took a breath before knocking at the door and waited to be called in. She wondered what other news there might be after her extended time away from the Tower.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Re: Returning and Checking In (ATTN: MoT Ubriel Bryne)

Post by Bree » May 27th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Ubriel was surprised to hear a knock on the door at this time of the morning. Most of her interviews were later in the morning and before lunch. She had been sipping at the remnants of her morning tea and running her fingers through her still damp hair. Wiping away the dribbled tea on her chin, she called out, "Come in."

The woman who entered was not a new raw recruit. She did not need to be told how to get around nor did she need her hand held while she learned how to walk without tripping over her own sword. Gesturing to the empty seat across from her, Ubriel said, "Hello. Welcome. What can I do for you?"

As the woman moved smoothly and gracefully to the chair, Ubriel recalled the information about a Gaidar who had been absent from the Tower for some time returning. Could this be her?
ImageImageImage

Roan

Post by Roan » May 29th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Riahana offered Ubriel a small smile as she settled into the chair, "I am Riahana Ferria, Warder bonded to Gareth Tomosan, Asha'man of the Yellow." She paused for a moment, considering whether it prudent to add a bit more to her brief introduction given she had once been so loath to drop names. Given her great grandmother's return to the living was the reason for her own return to the Tower, she thought it best to make an exception, "Great granddaughter to Aes Sedai Miahala Ives and Caden Ives."

Ria regarded the woman across from her, and wondered how familiar she might be with the history of the Yards. Did anyone still know of the Freak of the Yards? "My Asha'man and I departed the Tower many years ago. . .with the passing of my Great Grandmother," she explained. "We. . .I needed perspective, and together, Gareth and I found our skills needed by those beyond the Tower walls. However, news reached us of Miahala Aes Sedai's return, and while I will never profess to understand why the Wheel might turn as it does, there was no way I could not return to see her for myself."

The Gaidar gave a wry smile, "And...I figured if I was at the Tower anyway, perhaps I could be of some use in the Yard, so I come to offer my services. . . if they are needed."

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » May 30th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Ubriel pursed her lips, nibbling at the the inside of her cheek and narrowing her eyes thoughtfully. Most of the implications of what was being said came to her and she began to sort it out to one side or the other in her mind. She nodded through each thought. Eventually she leaned back, not thinking about herself and allowing the grace of her training to take over her muscles. It was something she had noted in other Gaidar and Gaidin. The training tended to be for the muscles, to allow them to act semi-autonomously from the brain. This freed up the brain to consider more important things than the actual planning and execution of coordinating muscles for walking or sitting upright for instance. This seemed to be the grace of movement that the full ranked members of the Warder Yard exuded so often. It became most apparent when they were deeply thoughtful about something outside of themselves.

This is what anyone observing Ubriel would see now. She spoke slowly and thoughtfully. "I think we all have connections that will draw us back here or elsewhere in the world at various times. I hope that you have been met with what you wanted to find." Ubriel felt the sympathy of an attachment elsewhere that might not live up to the anticipation of a reunion. "Here in the Yards, we are always in need of experiences that can be shared with the raw recruits. You were a raw recruit yourself once. You must remember, no matter how much time they spend out there beyond the walls of this place as a merchant guard or a Hunter for the Horn, they never have the skill or sense that they think they do when they arrive here. I won't even pretend to be able to keep up with all of them and their bad ideas on my own."

Ubriel grinned at herself and leaned her head to one side. "What skills particularly would you be interested in making sure the learning ranks are taught to a standard?"
ImageImageImage

Roan

Post by Roan » May 31st, 2015, 5:03 am

Riahana couldn't help the small smirk as she did indeed recall her time as a raw recruit. She had an advantage over some given her family line...she at least knew what to expect when she arrived with her father so many years ago. It was funny how the Wheel turned, though, as back then, she never would have dreamed being a mentor or instructor to any Drin'.

"While it was many years ago when I wore the uniform of a Drin', I do remember how new it all felt, and despite my familiarity with some aspects of life at the Tower thanks to my family, I was quite lost at times," Ria replied.

"With regards to my areas of expertise. . .I am an expert with the Bow, and while I hope to continue to improve my own skill set with it, I am more than willing to help those who wish to become proficient at archery. While I am competent with the sword, I think I have much work ahead of me before I would be willing to train others, though perhaps I could assist with the basics. Other than that, I come from a long line of horse breeders, and cherish any time I get on horseback. I would be considered an expert rider, and could offer assistance on anyone who wishes to learn how to ride, or how to become a better equestrian," she said. After a moment's pause, she added, "I am about as proficient with unarmed combat as I am sword, though would be less comfortable teaching anyone the art of unarmed combat."

The Gaidar gave a warm smile and a simple shrug, "To be honest, I am willing to help in whatever capacity you might need. There are skills I hope to improve upon myself, but there is no reason I can't be of service to others."

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Bree » May 31st, 2015, 9:30 pm

Ubriel could not stop the smile on her face from spreading at the mention of horsemanship. If this woman was interested in a daily excursion to the training course that she and Peach had been developing, this could be a very nice new step in the challenge of their workouts. "I myself am an equestrian and I offer a class on the basics of caring for and training a horse. Part of the class involves the introduction to an obstacle course that teaches the horse and rider to work together in a combat simulation training exercise. My own horse and I use the advanced course every morning. I would welcome some company to help make it more challenging. It would be more frightening for Peach if someone else sets up the challenges and she doesn't see them coming." The goofy grin Ubriel offered was intended to convey that she didn't really want to frighten her horse. "We go out right after Early each day. Would you be interested in joining us?"

Ubriel happily chatted for a while longer with Riahana. Ubriel expressed that there was always a need for experienced and rational members of the Yards to reach out to the incoming recruits and step in with advice and be one-on-one mentors. "Any time you are ready to become a mentor, I am sure there are recruits who need your guidance." Ubriel also talked about the training classes and subjects Riahana would be willing to implement. "There are many classes that have been offered and may need to be updated. Advanced Horsemanship I know would be especially useful to many of the students who successfully complete my Horsemanship class. If there are any classes that you want to offer specifically, just come see me with the idea and I can help make sure you have the space and time allotted to fit your needs." Ubriel very much hoped that Riahana would find things that demanded her interest and attention and challenged her training. "I am very glad that you have come back. I am very glad to have the opportunity to get to know you." Ubriel grinned happily as she watched her new friend walk out and back into the Yards.

OOC:
I am sorry if this is a little choppy. I was trying to respond while my family was milling around. Basically at this point if you want to take a look at pretty much anything in the archive that hasn't been updated and listed and offer it as a class, I am excited to see a renewed outline. Also, advanced lecture topics, field exercises/guides, field triage or any second level advanced version of the basics we have out like horsemanship would be great topics for new classes. Right now, we are in need of a few available mentors. We have several new people coming in and a limited number of people to mentor and advise them. The guideline recommendation is that all new folks get an appointment to come see the MoT for basic introductions and then they are going to be advised to make use of a mentor. Anyway, I would love to see Riahana and Ubriel take their horses and a few advanced students out on a challenging ride and see if we can teach ourselves anything in an RP and then turn that into an outline for an advanced horsemanship class for you to run if you want. Let me know if you have something specific you want to do and this has been great. You are free to run lose in the WY!
ImageImageImage

Roan

Post by Roan » June 1st, 2015, 4:21 pm

As Riahana left the Mistress of Training's office, she couldn't help but smile. She had no idea what to expect upon her return to the Tower and the Yards. She suspected it would be odd not seeing her Great Grandfather-in-law wander the Yards, watching as Drin, Ji and Warders alike worked to hone their skills. She had gained so much during her time in training. . .it was more than fair for her to give something back to the place that took her from raw and eager recruit to Gaidar.

It was not uncommon for those in the yards to ride horses, but it was not so common to meet another equestrian with the passion for horses Ria had grown up with. The Mistress of Training's offer to go out in the mornings was welcome, and would be a great chance for Riahana and her bay warmblood Lady Lex to hone their own skills. Life at the Tower would likely prove interesting, and certainly not dull...Tower life had never been dull.

All in good time, though, Ria thought. For now? Now, she was on a mission and a hunt for someone she thought lost for good. The Gaidar had no idea what she might say to Miahala Aes Sedai, though. . .after all, what do you say to someone who has risen from the dead?

Fin
Riahana Ferria Gaidar

OOC: Sweet! So I'm quite happy to mentor a new warder-to-be, and I'll take a look at the classes. Something Archery based might be good. I'll see what I can come up with with a more advanced equine class. I did grow up riding competitively (English: dressage, eventing, etc) and still have a passion for horses even if I can't quite afford to have my own at the moment. :)
Ria is quite attached to her bow and archery. She has done mounted archery...I think Lysira taught a course in it back in the day.
And, Ria would love to join Ubriel on her morning rides. There is a chance that one day, Tia, her daughter, might want to join. lol

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik