Stories and Truth (Attn: Bree, Dax has FINALLY arrived. ;) )

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: Stories and Truth (Attn: Bree, Dax has FINALLY arrived. ;) )

Post by Sunny » September 18th, 2015, 12:22 am

Dax followed the Mistress of Training around the Yards, taking note of the areas of most relevance to his needs. The weapons drew his attention like a moth to flame, his eyes scanning every rack with keen attention. Some of the more unusual weapons - a six foot glaive, an Aiel spear, and bow, a collection of wicked-looking arrows- he filed away for later consideration. More knowledge never hurt anyone.

They did not spend nearly enough time in that haven of destruction; the curly-haired woman's quick steps took them away, her voice almost soothing as she told him more about the rules of the Grey Tower, what would be expected of him. He was surprised she mentioned the bonding issue -had he been so transparent?- but he took the reassurance with a grain of salt. Certainly the decision might be his, but everyone knew how much that was worth when an Aes Sedai made up her mind. I will simply have to stay away from them.

At long last they made their way through a long corridor that reminded him of army barracks in an...overly decorated....sort of way, and stopped at a door, where Ubriel handed him two keys. "Do you have any further questions for me?"

Dax took the key, hesitating for a moment. "When do I get my uniform?" he asked finally, nodding toward a figure in green hurrying away down the hall. The Gaidar obligingly informed him he would be fitted once he had had a chance to bath. "Do I smell so much?" he asked, amused. Apparently it was not his odor, simply consideration for his travel time. He laughed. "Thank you, Ubriel Gaidar," he said with a bow. 'I will get settled now, and find my way to the baths."

She nodded and strode away, and Dax opened the door to what would be his home for the Light only knew how long. Someone had lit a lamp; did they leave lamps burning in all rooms, or did they expect a certain number of recruits a day? No matter. The lamp sat atop a sturdy wooden table beneath a window. Two chairs were pushed beneath. To other side, two identical narrow beds and two chests were pushed against the walls. The wall the door opened against had racks for personal weapons; otherwise, the room was bare of decoration.

"What in the Light did you get yourself into, Dakson?" he asked himself as he walked to the left bed. He pulled his pack from his shoulders, dumped it on the hard mattress, and sat beside it, staring across the room at the empty bed. Would living in a cell really be better than running from Whitecloaks? At least in the cell he would be learning new things...and Bree had said he could leave at any time.

With a rueful chuckle, the new Drin'far'ji began to unpack.

----

OOC: Thank you Bree! I'm all good :)
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik