To meet her prodigy after all this time {attn: Carra}

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Nani
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Athilin Mansarn

To meet her prodigy after all this time {attn: Carra}

Post by Nani » September 13th, 2014, 5:10 am

Jenna was tired. Oh so very tired. But things were falling into place and fast. Her plans had to be moved up, her careful timing thrown out the window and basically into the wind. She was so unbelievably tired all the time. With Riven's potential raising, and her own busy schedule, she just didn't have time for the extras, for the spare time. But in this case, she made the time. It was evening, about a year after the Red Ajah had come into being.

The Keeper had sent a summons to the leader of the Red Ajah, requesting for Carra to come see her in her private chambers after the days work was done. As the Green waited, she prepared the small supper that she had requested to her chambers. Cheese, meat, hard breads, and some hard liqueur was all set out and ready to go for the pair to enjoy as they talked. She was tired, yes, but she was more interested in seeing how her prodigy was doing.
Image Image

Carra
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Carraidhin Glaisne
SC: Conor Palfrey

Re: To meet her prodigy after all this time {attn: Carra}

Post by Carra » September 13th, 2014, 6:01 am

She looked at the paper in her hand that had been delivered to her by a snooty Accepted. While the Accepted could use a good tongue lashing Carra preferred to take the higher road when it came to their gossip, it was where the letter had come from that caused her to frown. Deeply.

She had received many summons, and all of them addressed to her by name. No title, no Ajah recognition; nothing. This time it was addressed to the Head of the Red Ajah, and Carra wasn't sure whether to laugh and toss it or just ignore it.

However the summon had come from the desk of the Keeper of Chronicles. Carra had come to know Jenna well enough that this was neither mockery or casual. Bloody woman was serious which brought her even more pause. Did she really feel that Carra was a Head of Ajah? There was only one of her! Woman must have been mistaken.

Tucking the summons into a pocket in her skirt, Carra took a rare moment to return to her quarters and pick up her shawl. The which shawl with embroidery of all the Ajah colors in the fabric edge and eight inch blood red fringe. There was a great deal of thought and symbolism put into her shawl. It was clear what Ajah she was aligned with but it also showed that she wasn't about to alienate any Ajah despite that choice. Even if some of them publicly discarded her.

Arriving at the Keeper's private quarters, Carra did not bother to check for wrinkles or if the Shawl was straight. She was often unadorned and her stark, emotionless features her armor instead of her state of dress. Few saw her smile, fewer still have heard her laugh; although there was a great deal of warmth that is rarely associated with her when working with the younger generations in class or when she practiced in the Yard.

Carra peferred to keep the Tower on their toes.

She knocked soundly twice on the door and waited for the summon in. Opening and entering, she waited until the door was closed before speaking. "It has been some time, Jenna." The Sedai dropped as all her conversations with Aes Sedai were. None addressed her Aes Sedai, and only those of lower rank were forced to if they dared her tongue should they not. "I do believe you might be mistaken in your summons." There was a crack in her exterior as a smile started to break through. Hunting in the woods with the woman at least helped loosen her concern of the woman even if she did not entirely trust the Keepers intentions. "I have a Shawl, but I am no leader of my Ajah. The Tower certainly doesn't seem to think so."

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » September 17th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Jenna al'Chan
Jenna heard the knock and bid the person enter. Looking up from her position in her chair, she smiled softly seeing Carra enter and the Keeper stood up, greeting the Red Ajah Sedai. "Perhaps. But even if you are an Ajah of one, you still are an Ajah head. Besides, it got your attention did it not?" She asked, her Aes Sedai calm non existant in the presence of er prodigy.

She gestured behind her, to the plate set out for them. "This is my supper, and you are more then welcome to join me, I requested enough for two." She said as she moved over to the liqueur cabinet and poured herself a drink, and held an empty glass up to Carra in offer. When she received her answer, through a gentle nod, Jenna poured the other woman a drink and brought it back over to her, and sat down on her chair, reaching forward for the food in front of her. "How goes your time as the Red Ajah Carra?" She asked, knowing that the respect was there even if they didn't use their suffixes.
Image Image

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » September 17th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Accepting the glass and having taken a seat, she was still impressed by the meal sizes served to those of rank. Aes Sedai and Asha'men ate very well, and even those of younger ranks like Novices and Soldiers ate just as well still, Carra could not help but wonder how much of it went to waste.

"It goes as well as can be expected. The only routine that changed is where my room is located and the chores I no longer have to do. Those seem to be replaced by new chores in restoring where the Red Ajah is now located." Not that she minded. Never having made a home for herself she found the process surprisingly agreeable. "Although I do not have the Ajah-sized budget for furnishing, but I suspect that will change in time as the Red's grow." She left alone the comment of her being the Head of her Ajah for the time being. It was a nugget to think on later but for now it didn't change much at all.

"So, Jenna. Why have you summoned me here? It can't all be lackadaisic. I know the Tower far too well for assume this is simply casual."

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » October 15th, 2014, 5:56 am

Jenna al'Chan
Jenna smiled softly and filled her plate with a small selection, eating as Carra talked. The pale skin that Jenna had was slowly having colour return to it as she eat. Her eating habits, sleeping habits, and all around everyday doings were very out of whack and very not healthy for her. Her eyes brows rose as Carra mentioned not having money to furnish her apartments. The Keeper's eyes brows pulled down in a small scrunch as she thought through what she knew was going on with finances. The Green gave a small smirk and leaned her head back. "Sometimes you think things a bit too deeply, and sometimes, a request for a meal is just a request for a meal. But you know me too well by now to think that this is just a chance to get caught up."

Jenna took a moment to enjoy her drink, and took another bite of her food, and then looked at her prodigy. "I've been here in this Tower for nearly a Century. I have seen countless youths come through this Tower, and through the ranks. I've trained many of the ones that the history books will tell you about. You are my last, and will forever be my last. I'm not much longer for this life, and I will soon be stepping away from it all. Once the proper successors are chosen, I will be disappearing into the wilderness to be who I really am. I am not cut out for this life anymore." The Keeper said as she continued to eat, before she put a hand on her well, and poured more of her power into it.

The Green watched the Red with midnight blue eyes that still told the story of how tired her body was. "You are the first person that I have told. Not even Riven knows, and I will tell him at the last possible moment. I can't chance him going into a rage until everything is calm. You saw how I was when we went on that trip, and I will leave you ways to find me when I disappear into the wilderness, but only you. If you ever have need of me, I will come back, if only to assist you."

Jenna paused for a moment to drink and eat more. "But for now, tell me what I can do to assist you in the restoration of the Red Area. Anything finance wise, I will lend you what you need, and assist you how ever I can."
Image Image

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » October 15th, 2014, 6:42 am

Carraidhin Glaisne
Carra was sparse with her meal. She detested waste and only took what she could eat in a sitting, but she ate some so not to insult her guest. Refraining from the smirk behind her lips as the woman across from her admitted that she had seen through the facade. It always was a facade with Aes Sedai and Carra was no longer denying that it applied to herself as well.

Only Carra really was better at keeping her cards to herself then most within the Tower. While she let the Grey Tower read what they thought of her, she used honesty and simplicity to hide the deeper, darker ideals that she believed in. It was safer for all this way.

Carra sipped the wine, revealing nothing at the woman's admittance to retirement. Perhaps it was their time in the woods that kept Carra from being surprised, or merely the woman's age and legacy in the Tower. It was no secret that the M'Hael was far too old for his post but no one else was able to step into that role in the same way he had been. Carra thought ruefully on who would take the Keepers place. Dismissing the thought entirely. It wasn't any of her business.

"I do not believe I chose the Red Ajah to restore it, Jenna. It would mean that I was brining to the Grey Tower something that doesn't belong here." There was no malice or even a hint of disapproval in her voice, but a touch of humor. The Red Ajah was a passionate subject for her, but the White Tower version of what was the Red Ajah was... corrupt. It only made sense to create the Red Ajah in a progressive tower of Aes Sedai and Asha'man. Any other color would feel... flamboyant at best. "Right now I suppose a cut in the red tape to keep at least some flow of finances would be appreciated. I was never good at numbers but it does feel far too tight given the furnishings of the other Ajahs in comparison. I do not wish to bleed the Tower Coffers dry, but it would only be fair to keep the numbers equal."

Carra did pause for a moment, "There are two things that I do need. Two weaves, actually. The Hall as set their minds to keeping me from leaving. Not having another, older member in my Ajah I have no way of learning how to Travel or how to Bond."

"Only if you are willing, Jenna."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik