The Powers That Be [ATTN!!!]

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Carra
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Carraidhin Glaisne
SC: Conor Palfrey

The Powers That Be [ATTN!!!]

Post by Carra » April 1st, 2015, 5:15 am

The Inevitable Meeting Amayani, Seth, Illyria, Virya, Ubriel, Elisha & Jaryd (& NPC KoA) The Amyrlin Seat watched carefully, critically, as Accepted were directed around private quarters by her personal maid, Brietta. They set small cakes and sandwiches along side some very particular brewed pots of tea. Each favoring a different flavor that Carraidhin knew would be favored by each of her guests. Testing each to ensure that none were slipped poison, old habits of an old life died hard but now that she knew of her own shadow Carra couldn't take more steps then she did to ensure the safety of her Tower. She would not risk the lives of her own any more then she could dare risk her own life. Riven would drill into her the value she had within the Tower and while she still disliked the role of leadership, it became clear that she wasn't just a figurehead. Carra made sure of it.

Now that roles have been handed out to the few missing ranks it was time for them all to sit down and decide the future of the Grey Tower together. The Hall could dictate their actions and decisions separately, but the vision of the Grey Tower came from those that lead. With Jaryd, Amayani and herself, their seconds in command, and then the leaders of the lower ranks of the Grey Tower, it was up to them to put forth their best. Carra had dealt with a few insufferable encounters that broke the lines of command, and now that it has been fixed it was time to start building upward.

Her maid came over, and lead her to the large closet where all the dresses made specifically for her were kept. That morning Brietta had already sat her down and braided her long red hair down her back. Pulling out silks in green and white the dress was far more flamboyant then her personal taste, but then her personal taste consisted of leathers and a dark mask would not do for the Amyrlin Seat, she was quickly dressed. She left the Amyrlin Seat stole over the chair she would occupy. These were her allies and Carra needed to ensure that they saw her that way. Exiting once she finished dressing, she over looked the work last time, and gave a quick clap of her hands to get the attention of those in the room.

"Thank you, Brietta. Children. You are all dismissed," Carra passed each Accepted a letter. "They should be expecting you, but you are to hand this to the one named on the envelope and no other. Do you understand?" Each novice gave a nod. "Go, in the Light."
[carra]The Light Illuminate you Brother/Sister,

Your presence is required in my personal study. I bid you haste, and discreetness. It is time that we put rumors to rest and rebuild trust among the Flame, Fang and Sword once more. I look forward to our meeting.

In the Light,
Carraidhin Glaisne
Watcher of the Seals
Flame of Hama Valon
The Amyrlin Seat
[/carra]

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Re: The Powers That Be [ATTN!!!]

Post by Bree » April 2nd, 2015, 6:12 pm

Ubriel gave a shake to her head, tossing the still damp tendrils around freely, as she strode toward her new office. The room was spacious and well lit and held the large and heavy oaken desk upon which would be piles of important papers for her to attend to. It was not her favorite task but it was important and she intended to try to devote a little time each day to making sure that the pile did not outgrow her.

It had been barely a month after she had attained full rank as Gaidar before she had been called to serve in this capacity. The post of Mistress if Training was much like that of horse trainer or shepherd. Perhaps both. In the few weeks since she had worn the title, Amayani, the Mistress of Arms, had been fabulously kind in giving over the tasks of the office slowly and with a great deal of help and advice. Ubriel was grateful and she was looking forward to becoming a reliable and productive officer for the Warder Yard.

As she rounded the corner of the hall and her office door came into view, Ubriel's pace slowed. There was a young woman in the banded dress of an Accepted standing in front of her door. Taking a deep breath and putting on a welcoming smile, Ubriel approached. "Good morning, Accepted. Are you here to see me?"

The Accepted curtsied and bobbed her head affirmatively. "Yes, Mistress." She lifted an envelope with Ubriel's name and title clearly written on it. "The Amyrlin has sent you this message. Do you wish to send a reply with me?"

Ubriel took the envelope and frowned at it as her thumb cracked the seal and flicked it open. Reading quickly, Ubriel first smiled reassuringly at the Accepted and said, "No, thank you. I will respond in person." Dismissing the Accepted from her mind and her presence, Ubriel stepped into her office and around her desk. Sitting, she sorted the small stacks of paperwork and jotted instructions quickly on the most important two items. The rest she left to handle later and rose to leave.

The Amyrlin's summons had instructed haste and discretion so Ubriel set out for the Amyrlin's study but kept her pace to a quick but unremarkable walk. Upon arriving at the Keeper's office, Ubriel frowned to find the room empty. Not even a novice stood there to announce her coming. She strode to the door and knocked firmly then stepped back to await a reply.
ImageImageImage

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Post by Sunny » April 4th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Only a few weeks ago, Jaryd’s life had taken a wholly unexpected turn for the high and mighty. The former gang leader now stood in a room larger than the entire flat he had grown up in, acutely aware of the equally large bedchamber that lay beyond the door to his right, and the even larger antechamber that lay beyond the door to his left.

The mystery of why the Hall had chosen him to replace Riven still ate at him. He had not spent a lot of time in the Tower since he was raised to Asha’man, and had hoped to keep it that way. However, he had been summoned back to Hama Valon in his dreams one night, and upon his arrival, had been called to serve as M’hael. No explanations had been given, no empathy for his confusion, nor understanding for the small mistakes he had made in the initial days of his…reign.

As the weeks passed, he had become more comfortable...and more concerned. The Hall, largely comprised of older and presumably wiser channelers, had repeatedly chosen newly-raised men and women to lead the Tower. Illyria was now the only person in authority who had seen more than forty summers in her life. What could it mean?

He supposed it didn't really matter. He, Carra, and Amayani were doing the best they could with what they had, and so far the Tower had not gone up in flames. In fact- he half-smiled at the letter that lay on the little table nearby- he had a meeting to attend to put out more fires.

He pulled on a deep brown brocade coat with delicate red scrollwork embroidery along hem, cuff, and lapel, and made the short walk to Carra’s office. When he walked into the Keeper’s chamber, it was to find Bree already standing there. “Good afternoon,” he said cheerfully. She bowed to him as he walked past her and opened the inner door, and he nodded acknowledgment. Light, what have I become?

In the inner room, Carra stood near a table set for an immaculately tasteful tea, wearing one of the more elaborate gowns he had ever seen her don. His eyebrows rose as his gaze traveled from her hem to her face. She gave him her blankest non-scowl, and he smiled. "I trust your day is going well, Mother," he said.

He waved for Ubriel to join them, then hooked a chair from the table with his toe, and spun it, sitting down backwards with his arms crossed over the back.

OOC:
The way I'm going to play Jaryd at this meeting may very well make the other attendees twitchy, and that's totally cool. That's kind of my intent. I'm...trying to show that he is truly a YOUNG man who wants to do a good job, but for whom the reality of his new role hasn't quite set in yet. Later I'll be exploring how the consequences of his actions during this period affect the rest of his time as M'hael. ;)
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Dan
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Senarah

Post by Dan » April 5th, 2015, 5:35 am

Elisha Alehdren
It had not even been a quarter hour since the letter had arrived, yet to the newly raised Gaidar Captain, it felt like an eternity. Her hand shook nervously, as she pulled the brush through her wet hair. She hissed in frustration, as she worked through some stubborn tangles.

Thinking she had the day to train, and to study the various notes and manuals of her station, she had spent the better part of the morning running around then yards, and then practicing her forms for a while. She felt sweaty, weary, and ugly at the moment. How she wished she could go for a quick bath, but there was no time.

As she brushed, she carefully focused on her breathing. Her heart was racing wildly! She had not even been this unnerved when she had gone through the trials to earn her fancloak! Tossing the brush upon her desk, she quickly ran her fingers through her damp hair. Satisfied, she got up, and fetched her clean uniform.

She had not even had the time to get used to her office, nor to learn the job from her new mentor, her predecessor, Amayani Gaidar. Light, she had not even found the time yet to get acquainted with her former student, Ubriel, who had been promoted recently to the rank of Mistress of Training! It was too soon, she was not ready for this. She was not ready to meet her peers, definitely was not ready to face her superiors!

With her uniform nicely folded, and waiting on her bed, she quickly donned a clean undershirt, and some clean, and soft socks. She then jumped into her pants, and laced a black leather through the belt loops. She then picked up her shirt, and slid her arms within the sleeved. Her fingers went to work on the buttons, but had to redo them when she messed up the pattern in her nervousness.

Looking into the mirror, she realized she was not quite ready yet. She then tucked her shirt into her pants. She smiled, feeling some of the pressure fade. She barely recognized her own reflection, looking upon a lovely woman, with the insignia of her office stitched to her shirt.

She debated for a few moments whether she should wear her weapons, but the debate was quickly solved when remembering she had a duty to Hama Valon, the Grey Tower, and it's community. She hid a few throwing daggers upon her person. She then removed the belt, and looped it back around her waist, with her daggers sheaths attached.

Feeling as ready as she would ever be, she left her quarters, and made her way to the Tower proper. With every step, she fought her anxiety. Thoughts of being late haunted her thoughts. Her imagination tormented her, with thoughts of Amayani and Ubriel rejecting her as a member of the Warder Yard's administration.

Eventually, she made it to the stairs leading to the offices of the Flame, and the Fang. With every step, the battle within raged. Would the Amyrlin, and the M'Hael forsake her and Ubriel due to their young age?

Once she had reached the doors, the gateway to the Flame and the Fang, she realized she had forgotten the letter. Not much could be done about it now.

Elisha Gaidar knocked upon the door, and entered once welcomed within.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik