Makenna's Choice (Illyria)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Re: Makenna's Choice (Illyria)

Post by Bree » April 18th, 2015, 2:23 am

Makenna had spent many years in her skin. She was comfortable with it and while nakedness in the company of a stranger was not her preference, childbirth and motherhood had robbed her of naive notions of propriety. She stood in solemn patience as the Aes Sedai burned her clothes. She had made the lot of them with her own hands and she could make more if need be.

The white dresses and shifts were shapeless rags but they were a key to the rescue of her child. They would serve. It took her a long moment to understand what the Aes Sedai was waiting for as she stood with her boots and satchel. Then she did understand. Makenna's hand flew to the dagger at her throat. She couldn't mean for her to part with the marriage knife. Another moment and she realized, she did.

Unable to stifle the sob that welled up in her throat, Makenna squeezed her eyes shut. She said a silent prayer to the Light and to the spirit of her husband, Light forgive me and protect me and my children. She lay the bundle of dresses to one side and slowly, almost painfully, she reached up to unfasten the clasp of the necklace that held her dagger sheath.

Folding that chain around the sheath, she held it out with both hands and allowed it to be taken from her. It is only a knife. My real children are far from here and giving up this thing now will help me bring Meleia home again. With that thought, her shoulders straightened and she bent to snatch up a shift and dress. Tugging them on, she lifted the rest of the bundle and waited in silence for instructions.
ImageImageImage

Stasia
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Illyria Malkom
SC: Muireen do Morny a'Lordeine

Re: Makenna's Choice (Illyria)

Post by Stasia » April 20th, 2015, 2:13 am

Illyria took the delicate chain that the knife dangled from and clasped it so that it would not tangle while it waited in storage for its rightful owner. Makenna had parted from it without overt complaint, but it was clear that the child had loathed to part with it. Perhaps she’ll one day feel the same way about a Great Serpent ring.

“There’s nothing left to be done now,” she said as she wrapped the knife in soft cloth to protect it from scratches. “You’ll begin your life as a novice in the morning – you will rise before the sun and scrub your quarters clean, then attend breakfast with your peers. Your roommate will make sure that you find your way. And if she does not, make sure to tell me.” Illyria smiled thinly, though sincerely. It was all too easy to forget how difficult the transition to Tower life was.

“Here are your room assignments,” she passed Makenna a small map, with an x marked in the western corner; her roommate was an Illianer named Kieara. The girl was barely strong enough in the One Power to become Aes Sedai, but she had enough spirit and determination to put stone to shame.
“You will do well, child. Hard work is rewarded here. Work hard enough, and you may achieve more than your daughter’s safe return.”

Illyria may not have run puppeteer strings throughout the Westlands, but she had a few small goals of her own. With enough persuasion, she reminded herself, thinking of Zaephra Sedai and the decades ago when she had sat opposite the desk that divided her with the novices, Almost anyone can become Aes Sedai.
ImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik