Meeting the Amyrlin.

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Gavin
"The Eye of the World"

Meeting the Amyrlin.

Post by Gavin » January 6th, 2015, 7:36 pm

Beads of sweat poured down Ga'vins forehead as he hung limply all bundled up in weaves of air. This time he was in trouble, this time he really was in big trouble! He had hoped everything would all just go away, hoped that the instructors would be in charge of his punishment... Not this time, some of the Aes Sedai were insisting the Amyrlin herself be involved! Blood and Ashes!

Oh light! he just been caught climbing to the top of the tower! Some of the sisters thought he might have channeled and traveled up to the top... but no, he had climbed all the way up to the top, still not all the sisters were convinced.

Ga'vin of course had some help... or rather borrowed help... he had borrowed these special gloves from an anonymous warder.... it had been a bit of a dare or a prank against the Channelers. He had a gold crown waiting for him if he made it all the way to the top... with out getting caught that was! Light! he was in for it now! If that warder's Aes Sedai ever found out she was probably going to murder them both for letting him borrow them!

He wasn't sure what he would be in trouble for more, climbing the tower.... or being in possession of the gloves... he forgot what they were called exactly, but they hadn't required any channeling... he knew he wasn't supposed to use them, but he couldn't just turn down the challenge. He was supposed to raise the Warder Flag over the tower... a bit of an inside joke or prank against the channelers... of course none of the bonded warders could pull it off without getting caught. But Ga'vin would not be give away his location, plus he was a mute! he wouldn't rat them out!

Ga'vin couldn't help but be a little bit relieved, to be all tied up in weaves of air... at least if he couldn't move he wouldn't have worry about walking and bowing properly.

He prayed to the light that she would decide see him later and he could get rid of the confounded black leather gloves! Nobody had to know anything! They were just plain ordinary leather gloves... and that sash around his waste... wasn't the warder flag... he wasn't involved in any sort of elaborate prank! Not him! He didn't know anything!

Carra
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Carraidhin Glaisne
SC: Conor Palfrey

Re: Meeting the Amyrlin.

Post by Carra » January 6th, 2015, 11:34 pm

Carraidhin Glaisne The boy was unceremoniously dumped into her office, and the door slammed behind him. She could hear the knocking of his knee's and let him to keep his fear as she continued to finish her transcribed letter to one of her Eyes and Ears in Tear. The red haired Aes Sedai, and Amyrlin Seat, sat at her ornate desk (courtesy of the previous Amyrlin) with many things of her former predecessor still around the room. It was lavish and well dressed in the taste of a Former Blue Aes Sedai. Having only just taken office a very short time ago the new Amyrlin had not had the chance to clean it out.

Carraidhin sat at the desk in more formal attire then her usual dress, with red overdress and gold embroidery, the stole of the Ajahs held all 8 colors; Green, Blue, Indigo, Yellow, White, Red, Brown and Grey. She sat with perfect posture and not a hint of her being aware of him being in the room showed on her face, and she let him stand. So he stood there for a solid 5 minutes before she poured sand over her parchment and shook out the rest to allow the ink to set. Putting her quill aside, she looked hard at the Drin. A tall boy, nearly a foot taller than herself if not more did not even bring her to blink. She had brought down bigger with blades and words long before she became a novice and her time in the Tower only gave her greater skill at it.

There was no nervous tap, no sigh or smile, or even a frown, as she looked down at the Drin from her desk. And she sat there expectantly, waiting for him to speak first. They all broke and spoke at some point, but as her eyes looked him over, catching his nervous habits, how he darted his eyes and sweated from his brow; he hid something. Something obvious, and that brought him more trouble then it was worth. Why he was here instead of the Master of Arm's office only spoke poorly of who was involved in catching the Drin. She would have to have a word and send some off on tasks to teach them proper propriety and respect for the chain of command.

"What ever you have you may as well hand it over." She said, her voice void of emotion and cold. Clearly she expected him to obey, as all were to obey. "Have you anything to say on why you are here, Child?"

Ooc: My character is a lot less nicer than I am. :) It's not personal, she's just mean.

Gavin
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Gavin » January 7th, 2015, 12:42 am

The sudden sound of the doors slamming shut behind him caused Ga'vin to flinch and he shuddered slightly. He knew a thing about the military and it was never a good thing to be skipping ranks. His instructors would have jumped on him to save their own hide, but now that he was in the hands of the Aes Sedai he was no longer under their protection.... now he was going to get triple the amount of punishment he otherwise would have gotten. Ga’vin groaned inwardly suddenly realizing that he was still in his plain tattered grey sparing uniform... blood and bloody ashes. He kept his eyes glued to the floor, last thing he wanted to do was make a eye contact... things just couldn’t get any worse.

He glanced upward, feeling for the weaves of air... they seemed to be gone... yes. His mouth went dry as he very hesitantly rose up to his feet, stood at attention his gaze staring straight forward, staring back into the wall behind her.... don’t make eye contact...accept your punishment and walk out, and take it like a man, thats all he needed to do, he told himself. He suddenly realized he was holding his breath, and he slowly let out a slow trembling gust air... time went on... oh light... he just wished she would just turn him into a pile ash and end it all. He kept his gaze straight forward, out of his peripheral vision he could tell she was looking up at him now.

Ga’vin clamped his teeth shut, trying to think of serene calming thoughts... like what he most likely would have to look forward to... like the whipping post and mucking out the stables for the rest of his life ...

"What ever you have you may as well hand it over." She said,

At last she spoke, demanding that he hand over everything... Ga’vin swallowed hard as he hesitantly approached the desk... his fingers trembled as he hesitantly untied the flag from around his waist. He smiled regretting at how close he had been of planting the flag ontop of the tower. At last he reluctantly surrendered flag and set it on the desk... maybe he would plant it there next time... who was a he kidding, he would be lucky to get out of Aes Sedai hands with his hide!

Ga’vin smiled weakly as he fished out a pack of playing cards, and then a small round little clay blue bird whistle from his right pocket placing them beside the flag. He then fished through his other pocket pulling out a small black notebook filled with sketch drawings of different animals, birds mostly... then padded his coat pocket, pulling out a handful of acorns, and few smooth round river stones... adding to the growing pile, he then fished out a used bloodstained handkerchief, a small ivory hilted hunting knife from his belt and a small money purse containing three coppers.

Ga’vin grunted and then stepped away from the desk... his pockets were completely empty.... she didn't specify what she wanted, so he hoped she would be satisfied with what he gave her... he was just a silly Drin... just a poor misguided, dumb trainee! Nothing more! he had not been caught red handed in one the greatest pranks of all time between warders and channelers... Light it could have been glorious! It could be the one time that they showed the Channelers up! Just once... but he failed... blood and bloody ashes.

When she asked if he had anything to say, as to the reason why had been brought to her he shook his head, as he put his hands behind his back standing up tall, took in a deep breath of air preparing himself for the worst... preparing to be screamed and cursed at, and sentenced to life to mucking out stables... that wouldn't be so bad would it? maybe thats what would happen... just maybe...

Maybe she would not notice the leather gloves... they were nice, but they weren’t all that special looking.... Light be merciful! they matched the uniform, although they were a little too nice to completely fit the torn blood stained practice uniform that he was wearing.

OOC lol I know lol Hopefully she doesn't kill him, he is a bit of a wise ass sometimes lol

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » January 7th, 2015, 7:13 am

Carraidhin Glaisne The boy tried to play her a fool with the slight of hand trick. If he handed over everything he would be able to avoid giving her what he didn't want to. Still the darting eyes, and steady thoughts that kept him from standing still. The flag the decoy. The boy's imagination was most likely his worst enemy and Carra intended to use every bit of it against him.

Few that game to the Grey Tower had hair that was as red as hers, most that had already sported gray and either colored if with dyes or it faded. His was vibrant and she wondered on his parentage. Red hair like theirs came only from certain family lines; not that she would tell him if he didn't know. Boys like this did not need to have any additional idea's of their importance. Although, looking at him more closely she noted that he wasn't as tall as she first thought, his hair had added more inches and with his head down and slumped shoulders height estimates were tricky. It was a fantastic trick if one were to hide in plain sight.

"Look at me, child." The voice of stone spoke, "I do not suffer fools in my Tower anymore than Amayani Gaidar suffers idiots that can not understand their place in the Warder's Yard. Certainly thievery will have you lose more than just your room in the Barracks." Carra was born to be a thief and an assassin, not an Amyrlin Seat. This boy hid it poorly, although she could credit him trying. He could have fooled most in the Tower, perhaps even Amayani. "I will give you one last chance to come clean before I send you off with less than you arrived. And I would appreciate a good story as to why you felt yourself greater than the Amyrlin Seat by lying through omission."

Ooc: I can't say what she will or will not do. :D
You are impressively prolific for your threads, but be sure to give enough of a hand to those you are RPing with to respond to. Writing a mute takes work, but even then there should be something for them to work with. (Although this post was great, given the scene. :D)

Gavin
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Gavin » January 7th, 2015, 8:54 am

Ga'vin's heart sank as when the Amyrlin spoke. All his training had told him to look straight ahead, never look a superior in the eyes! He nervously bit his lower lip and his eyes drifted from the wall place he had been staring onto the Amyrlin's ageless face... then reluctantly locked into her eyes. When she accused him of thievery... something inside seemed to snap! His slouch vanished, his shoulders bowed outward his stormy grey eyes darkened, his jaw set like granite and the timid red headed Drin suddenly vanished...

Was she suggesting that he climbed to the top of the bloody tower to steal!

.... he was not a thief!.... Although he did not speak, the look on his face and his body language that was broiling in out rage! He might as well have been shouting at the top of his lungs at her.... but no words came.

The strange thing was it was not at the threat of being kicked out, or the consequences but at the mere accusation of thievery! Hot angry tears slowly began running down his face... he was so angry!

When she gave him, his last chance to explain himself, Ga'vin snatched his small little note book from the desk, took the Amyrlin's pen and began writing furiously into the note book.... when finished he tore out the page, handed it to her and took one step back and caste his gaze down to the floor... the all the rage was gone and he went back into his shell... slouching his shoulders with his head down.

... I am not a thief! and I did not channel to get up onto the roof! I climbed to the top to place the bloody Warder's Halls flag on the tower! I regret only failing my mission and letting the Warder Hall down! I accept full responsibility, I Ga'vin Firedancer acted alone! I was not put of up to this by any of the other warders or my piers. I deserve to be expelled, I am not worthy to serve the Aes Sedai. I am a failure.

It wasn't entirely accurate, this little stunt had taken a few weeks to plan, the warders had and his piers had to coordinate and cover for him at the morning role call while he was away... of course this was all done in secret not all the warders would approve even some of the Drin would squeal on them... but if she found those gloves it was game over... it wouldn't be hard to find ferret out Aes Sedai who had trusted the warder with the climbing gloves... and of course with the bond, the warder would not be able to keep truth back... but he hadn't given up quite yet.

Ga'vin had one last trick up his sleeve, she had accused him of being a thief, she wanted to know what he was hiding... well he would give it to her. Straightening up he pulled off his gloves, setting them on the table, he then pulled off the tattered cloak and set that on the desk, over top of the gloves and then his tunic, revealing the massive bruises and welts all along his massive chest and shoulders...some of them he gotten from the yard...the fresher redder mark had been from the Aes Sedai that had switched him themselves after catching him on the tower. He then proceeded stripping down right in front of the Amyrlin, piling the tattered uniform onto the desk covering, up the gloves, until he stood up straight in front of her wearing only his Small Clothes with his arms folded over his chest.... nothing to hide... he had stolen nothing! although he didn't say this out loud, thats exactly what he was conveying through his stance... no fear, nothing to hide... now she had everything, accept his small clothes.

It was a gamble...he hoped she would shout at him to get out! or put his uniform back on and take his things back and tell him to report to his superiors to accept punishment!

OOC lol thanks for not ruining surprises lol And sorry, didn't mean to over do it. I hope I did better this, time. lol

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » January 7th, 2015, 6:32 pm

Carraidhin Glaisne His outburst did not phase her. If anything it was as if she had expected it after her accusations. Not that they could or could not be true, Carra had wanted to make him angry. Or scared. Either worked in her favor. The red haired Cairhien Amyrlin sat there at her desk as he bombarded it with his person, using one of her favorite quills to scratch into his notebook. So he either was a mute or played the role very well, she pondered as her green eyes watched him. Her only movement was leaning back in her chair to watch at more distance. Still she had not touched the One Power nor felt in enough danger to.

Although she did note to herself to seek out a teacher in the art of using a dagger. It would be most useful for her to learn, if not master. He tossed her the notebook and her eyes scanned it as she kept him also in her line of sight, not letting him feel that he could escape her notice. Carra was weary of these types and did not trust them; though she felt that there were fewer that she did trust than fingers on one hand. Carra was not one of the trusting types.

The bruising and marks on his body were... enlightening. Some were new and fresh, but she did not know how long this boy had been at the Grey Tower. Her compatriots were not so violent and this.. this was unheard of. It made her angry, even though that anger only turned her face to colder stone.

"Who did this to you." Oaths did not permit the One Power to be used as a weapon, so she prayed that she would not to punish her so-called sons and daughters. "They do not look like training marks."

Ooc: I slight thought, maybe cut back a little on the violent antics of those Ga'vin interacts with? I don't think I have ever read such interactions to this extreme that weren't done player to player. We can totally play this out, but typically Aes Sedai and Asha'man do not beat up Drin. :)

Gavin
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Gavin » January 7th, 2015, 9:44 pm

After few seconds Ga'vin began to shift nervously beneath the Amyrlin's gaze. This wasn't supposed to happen, she was supposed to be furious and through him out! Now he just standing like fool in his small clothes! When she inquired about the marks on his body, and who had done it to him he blinked... not sure exactly how to respond... most of them were from training, he never complained and never tried to get healed, the right side of his rib cage was black and green and it still hurt to breath a little. Not only this, Ga'vin was in the yard from sun up to sun down, training with anyone and everyone who would teach him, he never complained about being too tired and or too sore... living with the whitecloaks had been a rough childhood, this was heaven by far. Here he actually got to sleep in a bed and fed regularly.

... it was then she commented about the brand new marks... oh those marks!...

Ga'vin bit his lip, and hesitantly this time, approached the desk and took back the note book and writing quill...

..... They are just scrapes from being dragged off the roof... I shouldn't have struggled against the Aes Sedai, they were only concerned about my safety, all the rest were from training, I swear it on the light on hopes of rebirth and salvation!

He swallowed hard before tearing out the page, and handed it to the Amyrlin. This time he kept the notebook and the writing pen, ready to for more questions. Every word had been true.

Light, have mercy, he prayed the woman would at least let him put his uniform back on! was she enjoying watching him shiver in nothing but his small clothes? This was just down right cruel and unusual! His ears began to turn red then it went to his face as he was starting to blush... he feeling extremely self conscious, and exposed.

Ga'vin put the writing quill to the notebook, to scribble down another message and tore out the page and handed it to the Amyrlin.

Respectfully, May I have my clothes back now, mother?

His eyes gaze into hers, searching, pleading for mercy!

Ooc: I apologize! Sorry about that. I am getting book and the grey tower stories all twisted.
Last edited by Gavin on January 7th, 2015, 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » January 7th, 2015, 10:43 pm

Okay, this requires a full Ooc post before I can continue.

There are some strange plots on GT that make it different than other Wheel of Time sites. There is only one Red Aes Sedai, and that is Carra. And she is now Amyrlin. Prior to that there never was a Red Ajah. The Red Ajah of the GT is going to be rather different than any other site, but as a Drin it shouldn't effect you soo much. Secondly, once tested for being able to channel, there is no way to hide it. Once he is found to have not channeled then there shouldn't be more testing on him. His skills would likely have brought him elsewhere.

I understand that you are weaving together a story, and I like a good story, but you should read up on some of the history of the site a little before rushing in. This is some of the Tower history: http://www.grey-tower.net/Wiki/index.ph ... y_Timeline and the most recent can be found here: http://www.grey-tower.net/Board/viewtop ... f=58&t=165 (as recentish as could be.)

Gavin
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Gavin » January 7th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Ooc sorry: I cut out that bit.

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » January 7th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Carraidhin Glaisne Carra made a motion of her hand, a boon or allowance for the boy to re-cloth himself. She dwelled thoughtfully as he redressed himself. Her quarters were not cold so it was likely shock that had the boy shivering, or so Carra thought. Temperature didn't touch her the way it would none Aes Sedai or Asha'man. Then again she learnt that trick on the streets, as no one of rank willingly taught her much at all. At least as Amyrlin she now knew the weave for creating Gateways.

Reading over the boy's note, she realized then that she had not bothered with a name. Strange how assuming she was to know that what she had to say should mean something if she did not know their name. It also meant that she had not had an update from the Warders Yard in some time now. She would need to fix this.

"It would seem that your return to the ground may be punishment enough for climbing. I would not recommend doing it again, however I will command that you be healed. The Warder's Yard demands only the best of the best, and you would not be able to be at your best with such bruises. What is your name, Child?"

Ooc: That's okay. That response was much better and easier to work with, thank you! :) A big note to remember is that Elaida's White Tower is nothing like what the White Tower, or even the Grey Tower would be like. In this universe there is both, and the White Tower Hates the Grey Tower, but even our disciplining among other things will be vastly different from the books. Sort of the joy of this site starting long before the books were even finished. Even our Raising Ceremonies are different. :D It makes us unique and awesome, and going through the Raising Process will really teach you a lot in turn. I was really stumbling around a lot too when I first joined.

I actually missed the part about his small clothes >.> Sorry.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik