From Nothing, Something (Attn: Roan)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: From Nothing, Something (Attn: Roan)

Post by Craig » December 12th, 2017, 8:48 am

Farah
Walking away from the Tower was not an option. Not because she was bound to it, but because there was nothing for her anywhere else. That is, she didn't know anyone who didn't live within the walls of Hama Valon; the rest of the world was a big unknown. Remaining here also meant that the Grey Tower could continue repaying her for time spent wasting away in novice whites, even if that repayment was in food and lodging. A better deal then having two weeks to sort out the rest of my life.

"That sounds acceptable," she stated with a lot more reluctance than what she felt. It was partially the outcome she wanted: to remain at the Tower. Just not as an Aes Sedai-to-be. And unlike those in white dresses, she could leave if she wanted. The Gaidin wouldn't chase after her if she opted to cease her training.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » December 12th, 2017, 8:51 pm

That sounds acceptable.

Tia hadn’t expected the woman to be grateful for the offer, but there was a hollowness to the woman’s reply that left the Mistress of Novices second guessing her offer to Farah. Most who joined the Warder Yards did so not just willingly, but eagerly with a strong desire to make a difference in the world. The Mistress of Training didn’t need, nor likely wanted reluctant recruits.

The offer, though, had been extended and accepted. Giving a small smile, Tia pushed herself from her desk and nodded towards the door to her office, “Walk with me, then, and I shall present you to the Mistress of Training.” As they left her office, an Accepted stepped up, but Tia raised a hand, “I will return within the hour, Accepted. If anyone comes looking for me, they can either wait or return once I am back.”

The Warder Yards were but a five minute walk from Tia’s office. She didn’t offer small talk to Farah, not really knowing what to say given the woman’s world was being turned around on her without much of a warning. There were certainly aspects to being Mistress of Novices that Tia did not like. Coming back from the White Tower to learn what Ninya had done to Jesi, havnig to send word to Jesi’s next of kin was perhaps her least favorite, but giving news as what she’d given Farah was pretty high on the ‘do not like’ list.

On entering the Warder Halls, Tia led Farah up the stairs. A Drin she didn’t recognize scrambled to his feet from behind a small desk outside Ria’s office, “Aes Sedai, what can I do for you?”

Offering a small, but warm smile, Tia nodded to the door leading into her mother’s office, “I am here to see the Mistress of Training. Is she in, and available?”

“Y. .ye..yes ma’am,” the young man stammered. He knocked on the door and opened it slightly, “The Mis. . .Mistress of Novices is here and wishes an audience, ma’am.”

“Well then, send her in,” Tia heard her mother’s familiar voice.

The Drin stepped aside and waved them in. Tia motioned for Farah to enter first, and, as she entered her mother’s office, closed the door behind her. “Riahana Gaidin, this is Farah Kattan. Her time with us as a Novice is at an end, but she expressed interest in signing your roster to join the Warder Yards as a Drin.”

Ria’s blue gaze went from her daughter to Farah, and she gave the woman a small but warm smile, “Welcome Farah Kattan, and well met. Perhaps you can tell me why you think joining the Warder Yards is a good move for you?”

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » January 6th, 2018, 12:32 am

Farah
Farah knew she was walking from a daughter's office to a mother's. She tried to think of it as an upgrade - an ascension in her status at the Grey Tower - but it was impossible to will that image into being. The Warder Yards seemed like the common area of the Tower's grounds in comparison to the splendour of the Grey Tower itself. Yet she took a little comfort seeing the men and women training in the yards. Soon she would be freed of white dresses, replaced by grey blouses and trousers. And an end to stuffy classrooms, I hope.

It was clear as day to see that the Mistress of Training was Tia Sedai's mother. More than just looks, they also shared mannerisms. And they also asked questions. She tried not to think about the fact she was pincered between mother and daughter, which of course meant it was the only thing she could think about. It was like a mini-inquisition, being judged by two matriarchs at the same time. Farah's tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth. She had to recall her relaxation practices before she was able to dislodge it.

"I've been here for all my life; at least the meaningful parts of it. The Tower is my home, and I want to remain a part of it." She thought of how she'd just been dismissed, and rancour entered her tone. "I don't deserve to be cast out after giving everything. So I won't be. If I can't become an Aes Sedai, I'll become a Gaidin. I've proven I can work hard; all I need is to learn how to use a weapon."

Farah took in a deep breath as she dialled back her wilfulness. "Service to the Grey Tower is one part chores, one part discipline and one part learning. I'm already skilled in two of those three. And I've proven my devotion to the Tower as well. I'm an excellent candidate for becoming Drin and I can see dangers other trainees would not. Surely having a Drin who can actually perceive saidar makes me valued."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » January 7th, 2018, 6:32 pm

All I need is to learn how to use a weapon.

It was true a person could learn to use a weapon, but could they learn to be a weapon? In essence, a Gaidin was a walking weapon, were they not? Whether Farah had what it would take to earn the Fancloak would remain to be seen, but the woman was not wrong that a Gaidin who could sense Saidar offered an advantage. All of this went through Ria’s mind as she studied the woman standing before her. She said nothing as she turned the Warder Yards Roster around and offered the woman her quill. “Just sign your name to the books, and the Drin outside will show you to the quartermaster for your uniform and to your shared room. Your things in your Novice quarters will be collected and sent to your new room. Welcome to the Warder Yards, Drin Farah Kattan.”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik