Above Ground [OPEN to anyone]

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Carra
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Carraidhin Glaisne
SC: Conor Palfrey

Above Ground [OPEN to anyone]

Post by Carra » December 3rd, 2014, 7:54 am

Carraidhin Glaisne From Kept to Keeper The stairs were not nearly so formidable as Carra had once felt the last time she had ascended them. The weight that each step carried as she rose through the stairway and into the opening chamber that lead to the office grew with each passing breath and the Red Aes Sedai was unsure of how real this was. The weight of a post carried something, meaning and focus that she was unsure how to feel about. Like with all things, outwardly she showed that there was no emotion or feeling at all.

From a pocket Carra pulled out a Key that had been given to her from Riven, the M'Hael, and she recognized it as one that Jenna had carried. It was not overly ornate but appeared to have changed hands and shape more than once to suite the taste of the Keeper that had preceded her. It was odd but Carra felt no inclination to change how it looked, accepting the taste of the Green Keeper as her own. The older woman had been practical in area's that Carra felt should be practical and it was enough.

Opening the door, Carra pushed it open and closed it behind her, unsurprised that even still she felt hard of breath. It was not because of the air. Her home in the basement had given her comfort and a place she could go away from prying eyes. Riven had been almost cruel in his appointment, and now everyone had their eyes on her. Slipping the key in to her pocket, the other hand held the thin red stole. She had not yet dared to put it on just yet, and she wasn't sure how long she would put it off. Strolling over to the old, ornate wooden desk, she took a seat in her new chair behind it.

"Carraidhin, The Keeper of Chronicles." She spoke. Even on her lips it felt like a lie. But the Oaths knew it for truth despite the distaste in her mouth. Damn him. Now what was she going to do with herself? Would her life now revolve around chasing skirts and pins and keeping Ajah's from tearing her apart? The sad part was she couldn't even say no.

She had not be there long before a knock on the door broke through her thoughts. The stole on her desk in a neat folded pile. Carra spoke in a firm and official tone. At the very least she could pretend to be a Keeper. Fool old man.

"Enter."

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Lirievin Tesiva

Re: Above Ground [OPEN to anyone]

Post by Siera » December 16th, 2014, 3:07 am

Lirievin climbed up the stairs, they just never seemed to end. She had almost been worried when she was told to report here. What had she done to get eh attention of the Keeper? But then she realized that Carra Sedai had recently just been raised to Keeper which calmed her slightly. She thought she would prefer the dark quarters of the Red Ajah to this. There was just something overwhelming about entering an office so important to the Tower.

Finally reaching the door, Liri had to pause for a moment. This seemed a lot to take it- she couldn't imagine how Carra Sedai felt. Raising her hand Liri knocked on the door and waited. Of course Carra should have been here, and she was only hoping she was. It was a long way to climb for nothing. It was only seconds before Carra's familiar voice carried through the doors "Enter".

Pushing open the door, Liri walked in looking briefly around to see the room and find out where Carra was, once her eyes landed on Carra, Liri dropped into a deep curtsy. "Keeper" She spoke softly. "I believe you requested my presence?" She asked, the last sentence a hybrid of a statement and question.

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » December 17th, 2014, 12:18 am

It was the unassuming Novice that walked in and for a rare moment Carra felt relief. She had been meaning to catch up with the girl sooner but with all the changes in the Grey Tower Carra found herself just losing time and track. However, the Pattern had reared its head and she found herself with a need, one that she dared not give over to any Ajah. Carra would be no one's puppet; even if it means making one of her own.

"Livievin." Carra sat up in her chair, leaving the Keeper's stole on the desk, "Come in. Close the door behind you, child." All the ears, Carra waited for the girl to close the door before erecting a ward against eavesdropping. She watched the girl with thoughtful eyes, calculating and daring herself to do something Carra has never done in her life. Depend on someone. "Sit, if you please."

"Livi. How has your time in the Tower been? Have you learned much in your time here?" Casual conversation, but Carra was curious. There was warmth in her voice, like a mentor to a mentee, and Carra did genuinely care enough to know. Was the girl treated fairly? Did she act out? Or did she disappear? Questions that needed answering that would not be answered simply by asking.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » December 17th, 2014, 12:44 am

Liri looked up from her curtsy. It was basically impossible to tell what Carra was feeling which tended to make Liri nervous. She knew where she stood when she could tell what others were feeling, but with Carra- or any Aes Sedai she had no idea what they were thinking.

Walking across to the chairs Liri took a seat and looked to Carra. She had not talked to Carra that often so she was wondering why she had been called here. "My time here has been good. I am learning how to control my channeling which is good. Nothing else much has really happened. I am kept busy with chores so there is little time left for much else but studies and chores." Liri looked down at her lap for a moment with a small smile. She could sense some warmth in Carra's voice so Liri had at least some idea where she stood with Carra.

Looking back up at Carra Liri gave another small smile. "Thank you for asking Keeper." It seems weird thanking her for asking about her welfare but it was really rare that an Aes Sedai would ask about a Novice. Sure some would but it was rare. "How are you settling in here?" She asked looking around again. It must have been good for Carra to have living quarters above ground again.

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » December 17th, 2014, 5:55 am

Carra Glaisne Alone. It was what the girl had told her, in all those words Carra could read that the girl was alone. While it could be upsetting that the Novice had not made friends, it was just as well. They other Novices will not like that Carra took interest in this child instead of another. Carra had a purpose for the girl and no other will do.

"Carra Sedai, please. None of this Keeper stuff while in private. I have only just entered myself to ready for the title as of yet." Carra gave a shake of her head, and a hand settled on the Red Keeper Stole, as if to see if it were still there. If it were real. "You have been faring well, then. Fair and without complaint." She gave a nod as if agreeing with her thoughts, and Carra committed to this. She really had little choice.

"I have been troubled, Livi. Events have forced things out of my control and I am in need of reigning some of it back. Only this one leaves me incapable of doing it myself. I need... help." She nearly choked on the words, not from the oaths but out of a lifetime of being on her own. "How comfortable are you at keeping secrets? Ones that perhaps any and all Ajah's will wish to gain hold of."

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » December 19th, 2014, 5:08 am

Liri sat quietly as Carra talked her voice seemed strained almost. Like she wasn't exactly comfortable with what she was saying. It seemed odd. She always thought that Aes Sedai were almost like family. They were one together. Why would something Carra didn't want to know be such a huge secret? I guess that was one of the things she would learn eventually. Apparently things were not as simple as they seemed- at least from a Novice's point of view.

Liri paused and thought a moment. Would keeping a potentially huge secret from everyone else be an issue for her? It wasn't like she had made any friends yet so she wouldn't have to worry about them. It was only really Aes Sedai. But then who would expect a Novice to know anything about the Keeper? OR anything so important about the Keeper. Looking back up at Carra, Liri could almost sense a need and in that case she knew what she had to do.

Looking Carra in the eye Liri nodded. "I am comfortable keeping any secret you tell me Carra Sedai" She said throwing confidence in her voice. She trusted her mentor and Carra was also the first person she met here (besides the Mistress of Novices) who made her feel somewhat comfortable. This was the least she could do for her.

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » December 19th, 2014, 5:31 am

Carra sighed for a moment, debating how to deliver her request to the girl. "While my predecessor was good at keeping up her records, there is currently only one Keeper for two jobs and that is me. I am going to need someone who can read and write well enough to help me keep things in order. Why a novice? Because this is clerk work. Anyone can do it but I need someone that I trust."

Carra paused, "However it will be more than clerk work. The Hall is aware that I have the Foretelling. What they don't know is that it is coming on stronger and I no longer can control or keep records of these foretelling on my own. I need someone to record them for me. This would be what you will need to keep from others. The clerical work will likely be tedious and boring. But it will get you out of all your chores for as longs as you wish to help me. You will still have to attend classes and continue your studies, but for those hours you are not doing any of that you will be here."

"Will this be something you can do? You say you are safe with secrets and I believe it. I certainly won't keep you from making friends and your studies. If that worries you." Carra could sense the girls strength and she certainly would be Aes Sedai one day. It was only a matter of time.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » January 18th, 2015, 1:38 am

Liri thought about what Carra had to say for a moment. She knew this would be a hard job, but she also knew that taking the easy way wasn't the right way. She wanted to earn her spot here and to do that she had to prove herself in some way. She had not been sure when an opportunity would show itself but this was as good as any.

Becoming more confident in herself Liri looked Cara in the eyes. "I may be worried but I can keep your secrets and would still like to help you here." She hoped she hadn't worded herself too strongly but she wanted be someone who Carra could take pride in. The work may be boring but she was sure that between the boring there would be some interesting events.

"When would you want me to start coming up to help you?"

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » January 23rd, 2015, 5:42 am

The Red Keeper looked over her new charge, pleased by the growing confidence that seemed to light the girls eyes. Her voice had grown stronger as she spoke and she no longer cowered as she stood there. Good, the girl would need a backbone. If it was one thing Carra felt certain of it was the girls loyalty. She smiled warmly, a broken shield of her own as she let herself feel almost fondly for the girl.

"Good." She pulled out a sheet of paper and started to write a quick list of items the girl would need. She would have to retrieve them either from the Tower Staff and the Tower Scribes or from the Brown Ajah Halls. "I want you to collect these things for me and return when you have everything. I have to arrange for a few things before I can officially set you as a personal scribe." She had only just been named Keeper. There were items of Jenna's that had yet to be removed but she started to notice a few small things that the former Keeper had brought in with her successor in mind. Thoughtful woman.

Finishing up the list she held it out for Liri to take. "Lets have you start in a week. If I need you for anything before hand I will let you know. If you could also write for me your class schedules so that I may ensure any tardiness on my part isn't reflected negatively upon you. I believe that will be everything. Did you have any questions you need to ask?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik