Meet and Greet (Sam)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Meet and Greet (Sam)

Post by Bree » November 19th, 2014, 1:43 am

Ubriel walked out of the Mistress of Training's office with a list of questions and directions for the new Drin. She was supposed to be meeting him in a few minutes. He had been assigned as her first mentee. A slight vibration of excitement about this chance to help the Grey Tower grow had settled in her stomach and was incubating there. The nervous energy she was reining so tightly was going to be redirected toward a vigorous horseback ride later.

She was a little surprised to find a young man about her own age already sitting there quietly. There was a sword and shield at his feet and he looked patiently expectant. Ubriel furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "Samuel Falchin?"

Upon his affirmative response, Ubriel's expression became brighter and warm. "I am very pleased to meet you. My name is Ubriel Bryne. I am a Ji'dar here are the Grey Tower. That is one rank above where you are starting as a Drin'far'ji. That comes with a set of rules that will be enforced. This has everything you need to know." She handed him a short page. "There is no time requirement for advancing in rank however, regardless of your background and martial training," she glanced at the shield showing the Andoran Lion, "there are a few things that you will have to learn about being a part of the Grey Tower before you can advance."

She took a seat near him and handed him a longer paper. "This is a map of the Warder Yards where you will live and spend most of your time. I have marked the room in the map of the building that is yours." She waited to allow him time to look at the map.

Handing him another paper she continued. "This is the schedule all Drin'far'ji are expected to follow. You have been assigned a few recommended classes that you will need to take at some point anyway." She continued to speak as he looked over the schedule. "Now, I would very much like to know as much about you and what brings you to the Grey Tower as you would like to share.

"You can also ask me anything at all. You can ask me about my personal history or my weapons training or how to make friends or anything. I am here to help you feel at home. If you need a sparring partner, you can call on me. If you need a friend, that's me until or unless you don't need me." She smiled again and sat back in her chair to listen to his questions and to whatever parts of his story he wanted to share.

OOC:
maps - http://www.grey-tower.net/Wiki/index.ph ... rt_Gallery
schedule - http://www.grey-tower.net/Wiki/index.ph ... %26_Chores
Code of Conduct - http://www.grey-tower.net/Wiki/index.ph ... ji_Conduct
ImageImageImage

Cheiron
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Seth Arcuraim
SC: Samuel Falchin

Holes in his clothes, and story

Post by Cheiron » November 26th, 2014, 12:12 am

Samuel Falchin
No sooner had they arrived at the Grey Tower than was Sam ushered into the large manor like building off to one side of the monolith Tower. Dust from the road clung to his clothes, worn through in places from his fitful sleep on the ground as he and the Aes Sedai and Gaidin that had accompanied, him travelled along the road from Whitebridge.

So it was that he was ushered through having being made a Drin'Far'Ji, whatever that meant, of the Grey Tower, simply because the Gaidin and Aes Sedai thought he needed focus. He didn't ask for it, but he went along with it. If an Aes Sedai thought it would be good for him to train to become a Warder, then Sam was in no position to try to argue his way out of it.

Sitting outside the Mistress of Training's office, Sam waited expectantly for the person who was supposed to be his mentor during his time in the Grey Tower. After finding out his first port of call for concerns, or undisciplined actions, was female, finding his mentor was a female didn't surprise him as much as it would have.

Sam offered his affirmation when she queried his identity. Sam shuffled his belongings around when the Ji'Dar took the seat next to him. She then proceeded to hand him a sheaf of paper and notes detailing the layout of the Grey Tower, the Warder Yards, the manor-like building in which they occupied a small square footage nearby one of the multitude of rooms that were drawn onto one of the papers.

"Thank you, I think," Sam said, half-heartedly, staring at the pages.

Sam was quiet for a while longer, as Ubriel babbled further about the sheaf of papers and then moving on to ask him about what brought him to the Tower, if he needed to know anything. Sam didn’t know how to respond.

“A Warder to an Aes Sedai said that I might benefit from learning how to become one myself. A Warder, that is,” Sam said, eventually. He didn’t allude to why the Warder had said he might benefit. Sam was afraid that if he opened up he would spill everything, including the information about his murdering his father.

Sam looked down at his tattered clothing, unsure how he had even managed to get through the meeting with the Mistress of Training looking as he did, fresh from the road. Sam frowned, and opened his mouth to query.

“Do you think I could get changed before we do anything else, please?”
I might be Yellow, but I'm probably braver than you.

Bree
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Ubriel Bryne, Gaidar
SC: Makenna Grenaldi, Accepted

Re: Meet and Greet (Sam)

Post by Bree » November 26th, 2014, 1:03 am

Ubriel clicked her tongue at herself in exasperation. "I'm sorry. I should have offered. Of course you can get changed. You can wash the road dust off and put your things away as well. I'll just walk you to your new quarters."

Ubriel stood and said, "We can talk as we walk." She watched as the young man gathered his things, noting his tired and resigned movements before leading him to the Drin'far'ji quarters. "I remember when I first came here. I had so many questions. New Drin'far'ji, that's the beginning rank of Gaidin training, come from all over and I guess we are never quite sure what they may or may not already know." Ubriel was beginning to doubt herself. The young man wasn't talking and he seemed disinterested in anything she was saying.

She opened the door into the stairwell and led him downstairs. "Your room has two beds but you do not currently have a roommate assigned. If you would like to have one, you can just let me know. You will find fresh uniforms in the trunk that should fit you nicely." At the bottom of the stairs she turned left and led him down another hall. "We are almost there. I will leave you to get settled once we reach your room and meet you in the practice yards when you are ready. Do you have any questions for me?" The door to his room was in sight.
ImageImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik