Hurry up and Wait (Attn: Roan/Paks)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Re: Hurry up and Wait (Attn: Roan/Paks)

Post by Locke » August 10th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Alric Aurella
Alric continued chatting casually as he tried on a new pair of pants, “You said you were an entertainer right? Well that’s got to be hard work. You don’t want to hear me try to sing, and I’d make a fool of myself juggling.” He began tugging the pants back off, they didn’t fit on his thighs. Tight pants were one thing, but these didn’t even want to come back off.

“I used to be a scholar’s apprentice, if many of my soldiers knew me then, they’d have probably called me soft. Long days studying dusty tomes or trying to sketch birds in flight might sound like a breeze to a field hand, but work is work,” he concluded. He hoped he got his point across. To his late master’s deep frustration, Alric had never been the most eloquent student. Constantly telling him, Your writing is functional, but it lacks beauty.

He looked up at Paks, she seemed to lounge even when she stood in the middle of a room. “At least you’ve got the play hard part down,” he said with a smile, “Elsewise, you’d be utterly boring.” He pulled on a new pair of black trousers. They were excessively long, but at least they fit on his thighs. “Eh, I guess I’ll just hem them,” he said to himself folding them and placing them on the table.

“You’re right though, well to a degree, I did come here looking for some kind of camaraderie. I also wanted a cause worth fighting for and a chance to travel. One thing I learned in the army, why drink good beer all the time in the same old town, when you can sample the beer in a new town? Well, food and night life in general I guess. Terrible reasons to want to become a Warder, but I’m good with a sword, and the mercenary life just isn’t for me.”

“So,” he began, as he tried on a new coat, “Have you found many chances to play hard here in Hama Valon?”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » August 16th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Paks Liard
Had Alric arrived prior to the Seanchan attack, the Drin’s answer to his question would have been much different. In some ways, she'd been playing it safe. Wake up, go to class, work hard enough to show she was making an effort, go to bed, and rinse and repeat each and every day. The routine was, in some ways, stifling, but Paks was not one to complain about her lot in life.

The attack on Hama Valon and the Tower changed her, and likely changed many of the current learning ranks. Many of her peers had been raised to Ji’Val, and some questioned why she still wore Drin grey. She did not, though, as she knew she was not ready or worthy of being raised. She wondered, too often these days, if she even had what was required to progress here at the Tower.

These moments of self-doubt, though, were private matters she didn't share with others. Not even her former roommate, Fiona, knew how deep her self doubt seemed to go. Since the attacks, Paks realized life was far too short to dwell on such matters, though, and pushed aside such things so she could focus on more enjoyable pursuits.

Her confident (bordering on cocky) smirk flashed with Alric’s question of finding time to play hard, “Absolutely...as a Drin, I don't have the restrictions placed on me that Novices and Soldiers do. I'm allowed to leave the Tower Grounds, and I take advantage of it. Not quite every night, but most nights I find my way to the more entertaining inns and pubs in town for a drink or four and a laugh or more.”

Given his past, Paks wondered if Alric would be the type to sneak out if it were against the rules. Casting him a sidelong glance (and making sure the quartermaster was out of earshot) she added, “Once you have settled in, if you are not opposed to sneaking out, I'd be happy to show you one of our more entertaining venues in town.”

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Post by Locke » August 16th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Alric Aurella
Finally, he had a few full uniforms. Black coats, shirts, and pants all sat neatly folded on the table along with a pair of boots, a belt, and uncomfortable looking Tower issued under garments. He’d also been given a small bag with a shaving kit, soap, and a shoe shine kit. He mulled over Paks’ offer as he gathered his new belongings. “Back in the army, I didn’t really care what my men did with their own times, as long as they were ready to march in the morning. If they got in trouble with the locals, their ass was mine. But, here, I’m not a captain.”

As he selected out the best fitting uniform and began to don it. “Now I’m just a recruit,” he said, running his fingers across the bare corner. Asha’man Pit had a gleaming pin on each lapel, he’d not been given any though. They were probably an emblem of rank or some sort of honor. “Recruits have their own rules they must follow,” he continued. By this point, he was mostly just thinking out loud. “That said, when I was a recruit before, I wasn’t above breaking rules.”

An indecisive soldier is a dead soldier, he thought to himself. There were plenty of reasons not to take her up on her offer, but he had left Trasailles partially because he’d come to miss nights on the town with friends. He pulled on one of the black shirts. When his head popped through the top, he had a reply for her. With a half-smile he said, “I would have said, ‘Convince me,’ but if I’m honest with myself, a night on the town with a pretty girl. That’s about all the convincing I need.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » August 21st, 2016, 4:41 pm

Paks Liard
Paks beamed and wiggled her brows, “A night out with me will likely be an adventure, and may well lead to a hangover, Alric. I would not actively encourage Soldiers or Novices to break rules, but I won’t discourage it either.” She watched with casual interest as he donned on his new uniform, and if she was impressed, she didn’t give much away.

Quick to smirk, “A night on the town with a pretty girl...hmm, I’ve not been called pretty before. Handsome, yes. Pretty?” She arched a brow, the smirk still firmly in place, “I appreciate the compliment, Alric.” She considered for a moment whether he would be one she’d approach in an effort to find companionship for a night. Perhaps, or perhaps not.

Loose and fast as she was, there were certain things Paks looked for in a companion. They had to have a zest for life, and it was a person’s smile that showed the window into that particular part of the soul. Alric seemed to have it, though in some ways it was a bit subdued. She wondered if perhaps it related to the Heron blade he tried so hard to conceal.

Once the new soldier was dressed in the new uniform, Paks nodded to the door, “I suppose I should show you to the Master of Soldiers now.” She shoved her hands in her pockets and waited for him to exit the quartermaster’s domain.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik