A little Culture shock: MoN (or OPEN)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Carra
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Carraidhin Glaisne
SC: Conor Palfrey

A little Culture shock: MoN (or OPEN)

Post by Carra » November 6th, 2014, 12:25 am

Elysianne Ne'Alic All Sunshine and Rainbows
Just what was Daddy thinking!? The young girl thought when she was ceremoniously dumped with her chest of clothes and jewels at the front of the Grey Tower. Elysianne wasn't sure what to think, but there was a definite pout on her pretty little lips as the coachman gave her a deep bow before climbing back up and tearing out of the Grey Tower as fast as the horses would take him.

Not really too surprising, since this was a place for witches. Am I a witch? she smoothed out her silk skirts and turned to the doorway, leaving her chests of clothes for the servants to bring behind her. A scroll in her hands for this "Mistress of the Grey Tower" that she was to deliver it to. Elysianne wasn't even sure, she was a little confused, a lot confused, as to why she was even here.

"Can someone help me?" Her sing-song voice was child like and sweet, but there was a certain demand in it that expected an answer. Elysianne waited for that answer.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: A little Culture shock: MoN (or OPEN)

Post by Sunny » November 10th, 2014, 6:12 am

Amadie Laine
Amadie sat quietly on a bench to the side of the main entrance to the Grey Tower, hidden by a sprawling rose bush. A delicate embroidery piece lay untouched in her lap, and her mind drifted with the gentle wind. So many things had happened recently- it was rare to have a moment of peace like that.

"Can someone help me?" A young voice cut through the Aes Sedai's reverie, and she looked back to the Tower entry. A girl-child with wavy brown hair and wearing a gown cut in Amadician high fashion stood there, a small pile of chests to the side. She had a letter in her hand, and a particular tilt to her head that caused Amadie's eyebrows to arch upwards.

The Aes Sedai tucked her embroidery into her hand bag and stood, her own rich brown silk and lace Domani dress swirling about her ankles in a pleasing way as she strolled over to look at the newcomer. As she approached, she sensed that the girl could channel, and mentally checked another question off her list.

"I am Amadie Laine, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah," she said calmly. "What brings you to the Grey Tower? You are a long way from home, child."
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » November 10th, 2014, 6:19 am

Elysianne Ne'Alic No Rain on her Parade... yet. The girl, in her curls and silks, turned to the woman and gave an appropriate curtsy that could only show the perfection of her training in courts. The witch was Domani and seemed to have good fashionable sense than most she had met and Elysianne appreciated that. It was awkward to have woman bits sticking out where woman bits should be. A woman should have mystery -so her father said. But she had to admit that the cut of the dress was beautiful and taunting and she wondered if one day she could wear such a dress as nicely.

"I have a letter to give to the Mistress of the Grey Tower." Elysianne frowned rather prettily, "But I don't know who that is. I was told that I am here to visit but I wasn't told how long either."

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » November 12th, 2014, 8:17 am

Amadie kept her face impassive as the girl handed her a letter, clearly labeled "Mistress of the Grey Tower." Amadicia is absurd...but at least someone had the sense to send this pretty flower to us instead of the Questioners' rack. The girl had a certain air of refinement to her, an unstated expectation that everything would go the way she wanted, because why shouldn't it, that reminded Amadie of her work prior to her time at the Grey Tower.

"I am afraid there is no such person as the 'Mistress of the Grey Tower'," Amadie said, "But I knew who your parents intended your letter for. I will lead you there- follow me please." She turned away, and the girl followed, leaving her trunks behind. Now is probably not the time to tell her she won't see those again for at least a few years, Amadie thought, amused at her new charge's obliviousness. "What is your name, child?"

"Elysianne of House Ne'Alic," her companion chirped. "My father..." Whatever else she said was lost as Amadie regarded her with new interest. Ne'Alic was no small House in Amadicia. What had possessed them to send their precious daughter away to the very Witches her House so loudly despised? Perhaps someone there is more educated than I gave them credit for, she thought.

"I think you will find your time here educational, Elysianne," Amadie said, amiably interrupting whatever the girl had been talking about, "visits at the Grey Tower tend to be quite...extended...but no one ever walks away less of a person than they were when they arrived." They passed through the main door of the Tower as she spoke; she would cut through there, then across to the Learning Ranks' quarters and Illyria's office.
Image Image Image Image

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » November 13th, 2014, 11:35 pm

The pretty little girl gave a slight frown at the word 'educational'. Elysianne wasn't sure what to make of such a silly notion, she was here to visit, not to take silly classes. She had tudors for that sort of thing! Only the best tudors her daddy could find, and these were witches! What could they teach her?

She tried not to sniff too loudly at the idea and kept that thought to herself. "Well! It is kind of you to take me to where I need to go. I will remember your kindness.." She was about to add witch or a title to the end of her sentence but held off. "May I ask where are we going?"

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » December 13th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Amide’s face remained blank, but inside she laughed at the girl’s obvious disdain for educational pursuits. Perhaps her precious parents realized she could benefit from another perspective on the world, she thought. She declined to answer Elysianne’s question for long enough that her young companion clearly became agitated.by the silence.

By the time she spoke again, they had passed through the main antechamber of the Tower and into a long corridor on the opposite side. “I am taking you to Illyria Sedai’s office,” she said calmly. “You were sent to meet “the Mistress of the Grey Tower.” Unfortunately that person does not exist, but Illyria specializes in helping young women who come to the Tower. She will be most interested in speaking with you!”

Interested indeed. The Blue could sense the girl’s potential, and it took her breath away.
Image Image Image Image

Carra
"Winter's Heart"

Post by Carra » December 13th, 2014, 11:54 pm

"Oh. I see." She said. Elysianne followed the witch with graceful steps, noting that she also followed someone that walked like nobility. There was so much to look at, and while she was less upset about being here since it looks like Daddy did not send her to rags, she wasn't sure why he sent her. Just a kiss on the check and a promise to be good.

The confusing part was that she was ALWAYS good. Elysianne kept up with the witch, and found herself not sure what to ask. Shy? She wasn't shy! "Um.." The voice was so quiet that she stopped herself. No, that was bad manners. Good nobility did not say 'um', not even to witches. 'Speak with conviction.' Elysianne was taught.

"Who is this Illyria... Sedai." Trying not to choke on the word, "What reason should she be interested in me?" Not quite sure why she was here, it had to be sanctuary or something. "Will she not just see that I have a room to be safe for my stay?" She was special, but not special in the way witches were... witches.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik