Pride and Petulance [Attn: Avyra]

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Larissa Saighan

Re: Pride and Petulance [Attn: Avyra]

Post by Jenny » April 6th, 2016, 10:19 pm

"I... see." Mirin hesitated. The story, as Avyra told it, was noticeably different. Of course, Ravak Gaidin's point of view had been that the girls were found causing trouble in his office, but it seemed that Avyra had been swept along events outside of her control. Still, Mirin felt some frustration that the novice had not been more careful, especially given the incident just a week prior.

She motioned to the chair beside her. "Please sit, Avyra. I think that we need to talk, and I would like to get to know you better.

Then there was a knock on the door and a servant entered, bearing a tray with a teapot and two teacups. Mirin nodded at him and smiled in thanks. With a quick embrace of saidar and a thin thread of Fire, she heated the tea before returning her attention to Avyra.

Light, what a petulant child! thought Mirin. Although Avyra's body language seemed respectful at first glance, there were clear signs that the girl thought that her discipline was unfair. She even had the gall to suggest scrubbing pots or writing letters as though they were simple chores! Mirin nearly sighed in exasperation. The girl did not have an ounce of submissiveness in her body. Mirin worried that this also showed an alarming lack of flexibility.

She smiled thinly at the novice.

"I do not wish for you to scrub more pots or write more letters, Avyra. I assigned you those tasks in hopes of teaching you something about the value of service and caring for the labors of others. Your punishments should not be assigned without purpose. After all, you are a child and children must be taught. Listen close, Avyra. You have much to learn. Much more than just tricks with the One Power, or your other lessons in history, mathematics, writing, etcetera. You need to learn how to behave yourself as befits a student of the Grey Tower.

"I am responsible for your training. Whether you advance on to become an Accepted, whether you are dismissed from the Tower, or whether you stay in novice whites for decades - the decision is mine. If you were to leave the Tower now, would you be able to resist using the Power unwisely? If you were to become an Accepted, would I be able to trust you with the guidance of the novices under you? If you were to one day become an Aes Sedai... would the Tower be able to rely on your good judgment and service? These are questions that I must be able to answer with a definitive and resounding 'yes' before you leave novice whites."

Mirin took her job very seriously. Her expression and voice mirrored her determination, and her grey eyes bored into Avyra's as she spoke. Then, her gaze softened. She busied her hands with pouring tea, and then offered a steaming cup to the novice.

"There is cream and sugar to the side, there. Please help yourself. Do not worry, Avyra, you have time to learn. Let's see. How has your time at the Tower been? Are you happy? Have you made any friends?"

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Re: Pride and Petulance [Attn: Avyra]

Post by Avyra » April 6th, 2016, 10:48 pm

"Please sit, Avyra. I think that we need to talk, and I would like to get to know you better."

Avyra visibly paled a touch, eyes widening a bit. This had to be some sort of a trap. She could quite literally feel Mirin's displeasure about this entire conversation; she didn't seem to enjoy the fact that her student could be causing trouble. But she sat anyway, even though she wanted to remain standing, far away from Mirin.

Mirin Sedai instantly began into her lecture on how to act. Or how she should be acting. That she controlled how long Avyra would remain in that uncomfortable white dress. However, her punishments made sense. Avyra... Avyra seemed to know she had done wrong, but she had too much pride in her bones to admit to her mistakes. She seemed to sink lower and lower in her seat under Mirin Sedai's lecture, but she did not break eye contact with the Mistress of Novices. She had to keep some of her dignity.

She mentally scolded herself to add onto Mirin's own lecture. Avyra was insecure. In a way, that had caused all of this. She wanted to appear fearless, brave. So nobody would touch her. Especially here, where most of the people were so much bigger, stronger. Prettier and more confident. She was down there, in the ground with nothing going for her. She had to try something, but she had resulted in creating an image of herself that she wasn't so sure she was proud of.

She hardly heard Mirin's next sentence, something about sugar, and she quickly put her thoughts away for later review. As much as she did not feel like tea, she took the now steaming cup, wondering what could be in it. Maybe some sort of Aes Sedai herb to make her more talkative. But she knew it would be rude to not drink, so she quickly decided that if anything was put in there it wouldn't be lethal. Mirin didn't hate her that much.

She hoped.

"Do not worry, Avyra, you have time to learn. Let's see. How has your time at the Tower been? Are you happy? Have you made any friends?"

That question caught her off guard. Friends? Why would Mirin care? Was she going to center her punishment around taking them away? That would be a real punishment to the Novice. They were all she had here.

"Its been good. I've made a few friends," she said into her cup, not wanting to elaborate.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik