[Complete] Danos' Enlistment Interview

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Danos' Enlistment Interview

Post by Craig » March 10th, 2016, 12:00 am

Ravak
The Master of Training murmured in agreement. "Some would say we prepare for Tarmon Gai'don. It is certainly prudent that we do so, I guess." Grey-blue eyes glanced in the direction of the Grey Tower, concealed by the Armoury's walls. "But I think our duty, or at least a Warder's duty, is to protect their bondmate. I think it would be better if all Gaidin and Gaidar had to bond, but as it is, we will simply stand against the injustices and evils of the world presented to us."

Rav scratched at his beard uncertainly as he guided the Drin back outdoors. "Let's show you to your room. For the meantime, you will have a room to yourself. That may well change, depending on when the next new Drin walks in my door. If you have any luck, you'll earn the fancloak without needing to share a room." The Shienaran had experienced a good run of luck in that regard himself. "If you have any questions, you can seek me out, or you can ask another Gaidin or Gaidar if they aren't already occupied."

They entered the foyer with its huge Flame and Fang mosaic. "You will hear a bell each hour of the day, denoting a change in duties. You have this day and the next to yourself, to get orientated, and so you can sign up for various classes. If you need a mentor, you can seek one yourself or I can assign you; the latter is usually best. Otherwise, you'll learn the schedule quickly enough." Instead of returning up the staircase to the first floor, Ravak led the Drin through to the western halls.

Ravak related Danos with the list of rules and requirements expected of Drin'far'ji. No bonding, no relationships, no disrespect, no undue respect... It was a long list. Sufficiently long enough to lead them to Danos' door. Producing a key, Rav unlocked the door and pushed it wide open. Inside were two beds, although only one was made up. Several stacks of folded linens, uniforms and towelling had been left on that bed, with a good sized chest at the foot of it, and a singular desk and chair set in between. "Enjoy the solitude whilst you have it." The Master of Training produced a second key from a pocket, and placed both into Danos' hand. "It's tradition for you to have two sets of keys. You may entrust the second to a friend or confidant. I'll tell you know, don't think I shall tolerate it if you give your second key to a woman. As I stated before, whilst the Warder Yards caters to both men and women, there will be no distracting relationships. They don't work out." That last was from personal experience, but he let none of that regret come through in his tone. "I will say this, however, which may seem like a contradiction. Seek out friends amongst the novices and the soldiers, the Accepted and Dedicated. One day you may bond, and any one of those channellers could be your bondmate. It's a wise idea to get to know them sooner rather than later."

Ravak took a step back, so that Danos had access into his new room. "Do you have any further questions, before I leave you to it?"
OOC: You may end this thread with a simple description of your room or you may decide to carry on this thread for as long as you need answers to your questions. You already have a mentor, so feel free to get in touch with me if you need anything.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Damien
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Danos
SC: Corben

Post by Damien » March 11th, 2016, 5:18 am

Danos
Danos felt his head rattling around with all the new rules and expectations. But still, he knew it was worth it, especially with Master Ravak's words on Tarmon Gaidon.

As he entered his room, he was surprised to see the uniforms and linens already present. It was a spartan room, the furnishings well made if plain. But to a man who had slept on a pallet with the other apprentices until recently, it was plenty.

Danos nodded gravely as he took the keys, pausing only to ask, " I assume the Soldiers and Novices face such a prohibition as well Master Ravak?"

As he entered his room, he racked his practice sword on the desk, and noticed that without a roommate he would have room to practice.

"I believe I will settle in well here Master. I will of course seek out a Mentor, and thank you for taking time from your duties today," said Danos seriously as he expressed his thanks.
"Wise men fear...the anger of a gentle man" -Rothfuss

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » March 12th, 2016, 1:42 am

Ravak
"I assume the soldiers and novices face such a prohibition as well, Master Ravak."

Ravak grinned at Danos' question. "Indeed. Novices and soldiers will be reprimanded by Mirin Sedai and Soti Asha'man respectively, assuming I don't happen upon them first. But if you manage to fool you and someone else into a relationship, don't think I'll not learn about it. I have ways to track you down." He tapped his nose secretively.

Danos paced around his room, scoping his newfound domain. "I believe I will settle in well here, Master. I will, of course, seek out a mentor, and thank you for taking time from your duties today."

Rav waved a hand dismissively. "These are my duties. If you have any further inquiries, you can find me in my office, if the door is open. If it's shut, there's a book you can make your mark in, and I'll find you when I can." The Master of Training offered a rare genuine smile, before he closed the door on Danos and his new quarters.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik